MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down Dateline computer predator

21yo Paramedic/fireman busted for being a computer predator... supposedly talking to a young teen... it was a cop.

I bet he's no longer a ff/emt-p...

All of the guys caught, say they weren't going to do anything. oh horse-hockey...
    Last edited by leffemt6; 04-26-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: unfinished thought

MembersZone Subscriber

yea we were just watching it here at our station, that whole sting that they had was just amazing. you can bet most of those guys are going to be looking for a new job along with a few other things after this.
    Your a daisy if you do.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Tune in next week...

See what happens next week on Dateline Wednesday 20:00 cst

Forum Member

How about the sixth grade school teacher? He said he watched the show six weeks ago and couldn't believe that anyone would do such a thing. Then he is caught doing it... go figure.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

A guy last week came into Maine from Canada, went to two registered sex offenders houses, shot them and then fled. Sadly, he was caught in Boston where he killed himself. To bad, I thought he was a hero. Now they want to pull online registrys so the scumbags can't be found and killed. I was hoping they'd link Map Quest to the registry site.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM
    I was hoping they'd link Map Quest to the registry site.
    I'm with ya in spirit, but I know there are complications in practice. For example, there was a Dateline (or 60 minutes, or 20/20, can't remember) story a week or two ago about a couple of 17 year old boys who were sent to jail for child molestation for having oral sex with a couple of 16 year old girls. It was technically an offence to have sex with a girl under 16 in that state. Forget the fact that you are really splitting hairs to call that an offence, but I would hate to see those kids branded as "Sex Offenders" for the rest of thier life.

But yeah, when I read the story on the Canadian kid, a small part of me said go-kid-go. It's too bad he couldn't have transferred that energy and motivation to a positive source such as getting involved with a "reputable" community support group or something. It was a total waste of a young life.

And Dateline has been runing that series for a while now, and the last round they got a Retired Cop, a Rabbi, a Teacher, and several other high-profile folks.

I say keep it up dateline! Maybe they will make these perverted idiots a little more afraid to follow through on thier impulses, and save a few kids while they are at it.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

I saw that mcaldwell... it was in Atlanta, GA. The boy's attorney initially thought they wouldn't fight it until they realized it would brand him a sex offender and he would have to register as such with the local authorities for the rest of his life. I'm wondering if anything else has come of that.

Let's face it... it was a couple of consenting teens just having a little fun. If she hadn't said she was consenting, I would think differently but technically, he's a minor too.

Odd situation yet not the same as the internet predators.

Forum Member

anyone watch the internet sting on American's most wanted last night 4/29/06. They caught a 20 y/o repeat sexual predator trying to get sex from what he thought was 13 y/o girl.... One never knows who you talking to on the other end of the computer...

Forum Member

Right now I would have to say that Dateline is my hero. Hope they keep this series going. I would put it to all the other broadcast stations to do the same thing. Maybe they can put a stop to these low-life, scum-bag, predators.

p.s. One more thought........Just because these are low-life scum-bags doesn't mean we should take the law into our own hands. Murderers should go to jail as well as predators.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information