Thread: Wheat Ridge

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wheat Ridge

Hey there, Ive read some stuff on here about Wheat Ridge Fire, i know a few people on here are members of that department. Well a little background, Im 21 and looking to go career in the fire service, but i want to volunteer just to gain some more knowledge and experience regarding the job. I have Colorado FF1 and EMT B certs, just no experience to back them up. I wantd to volunteer with a combo department but most of them here in the Denver area want you to pay for training and all of that, but I have been looking into Wheat Ridge, and they seem like an awesome, solid, professional department. So needless to say im very interested...so anyone from Wheat Ridge on here, could you give me some more info, like testing process and how often you recruit and all of that? Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

IBQwerty21

Well, first of all, Thank You for the kind words about WRFD. If you would like to hear more about us, please contact me and I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

WRFDTO

303-403-5905

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't speak for volunteering with WRFD as a knee injury prevented me from doing their testing this spring, however I did talk with Ward for a while on the phone about what they expect, what the department is like, etc and was impressed with not only how well he seemed to know every answer I wanted, but how professional the department seems to be run. Definitely check 'em out! As soon as I'm back to 100% I plan to, I just gotta stop messing myself up.

Forum Member

My brother lives in Wheat Ridge. I stopped by the station to trade patches a couple of years ago and was very impressed with the Chief, the members and the department in general.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IBQwerty21
    Hey there, Ive read some stuff on here about Wheat Ridge Fire, i know a few people on here are members of that department. Well a little background, Im 21 and looking to go career in the fire service, but i want to volunteer just to gain some more knowledge and experience regarding the job. I have Colorado FF1 and EMT B certs, just no experience to back them up. I wantd to volunteer with a combo department but most of them here in the Denver area want you to pay for training and all of that, but I have been looking into Wheat Ridge, and they seem like an awesome, solid, professional department. So needless to say im very interested...so anyone from Wheat Ridge on here, could you give me some more info, like testing process and how often you recruit and all of that? Thanks!
    How have things gone for you? I'm going to be going for an EMT in the fall and am starting to get an idea of what areas around Denver I should go to.

Thread Information