Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canton Fire

MembersZone Subscriber

Five was the goal, two was the word, last week. This afternoon, I was told that CFD will be hiring three, this summer.

It comes from a reliable source, but you know how things change...

MembersZone Subscriber

The city of Mansfield will be giving a Civil Service Exam on the 12th of August. There is a fee of $20 that is due by July 28th if anyone is interested in more details, email me at firemanstation24@yahoo.com or daniel.eldreth@usmc.mil

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Yep, they called me last Tuesday and said the same thing. They said they were trying to get 20 names together of people who were still interested. I hope they get things moving. I've already accepted an out-of-state conditional offer, so it might just be too late.

FCDave,
    Is your bro still liking the job? Also, I know there is a medical following the conditional offer, but did he also have to take a polygraph or psych?
    Last edited by Firemedic515; 01-15-2007 at 08:05 AM.

Forum Member

Montgomery County, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic515 View Post
    Montgomery County, Maryland
    Great place to work! I am assuming that you accepted an offer from MCDFRS???

God, I miss Md!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Well, Canton called and scheduled me for a second panel interview later this month. This should be fun...

Forum Member

Cool

Yeah, I don't really understand the idea of having a second panel interview. This will be the fourth overall including the civil service and home interviews. On one hand I realize that my chances are good, and on the other hand I feel like if they're going to hire they should just give me an offer.

Anyway, if I were to get an offer from Canton, it may be too late. Assuming I pass the physical agility (CPAT) I'll be starting the academy in Maryland on March 19th. I'm not going to burn any bridges though...(I've heard too many horror stories).

Either way, I'll keep you posted. BTW, how is SFD working out?

Forum Member

Well, I had my second panel interview with Canton this past week...enough said there...

I passed the CPAT for MCFR on Saturday and received my final offer of employment. I am very impressed with all they have to offer. Excellent pay, benefits, union, equiptment, facilities...etc the list goes on. Academy starts on March 19th and I'm pretty darn excited. I have a lot of loose ends that need to be wrapped up in the next few weeks.

Forum Member

Default New canton test

Anyone have any info from the new canton test? Got my results and was wondering how it stands up to everyone else. I know that there is still the combat challenge and bonus points to add, but the exam is 70% so it weighs pretty heavy.

I had no idea Canton City Fire was this well known and looked at from those out of state! Shows my young age and foolishness. That's cool.

It's actually the department I'd like to eventually get on to after first being with my local township, paid-per-call department. (Nimishillen Twp FD).

What kind of requirements does Canton Fire have? Age limit, certs, etc..? Any answers or enlightenment would be much appreciated!

Thread Information