Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35
    The use of the letter K is a holdover from the days of telegraph. It was sent at the end of a transmission to indicate that I am finished sending and I await your reply. It is similar to the military use of the word over.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought maybe everyone was asking a question after they were done talking.... k?
    28 P.R.I.D.E.
    Protecting Residents In District #1 Everyday
    www.westmead1.com

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

tower power
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

WOW........like Weruj said...I can only imagine pulling up to that sucker......I ADMIRE ALL OF YOU FDNY gentlemen/and ladies who "DO IT" like this everyday. My lid goes off to you.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

June 8, 2006 -- A homeless man yesterday copped to the city's biggest blaze since Sept. 11, admitting he set the Greenpoint terminal market ablaze while trying to burn the insulation off copper wire scavenged from its buildings, fire marshals said. Leszek Kuczera - described by a neighborhood pastor as quiet and naive - was charged with arson, burglary, reckless endangerment and petty larceny, said fire marshals. He was to be arraigned last night in Brooklyn Criminal Court. Investigators were seeking a second suspect Fire Commissioner Magoo said. Early on May 2, Kuczera, 59, and the other man placed copper wire atop eight tires and other scrap material and set the fire in hope of burning off the wire's insulation, police said. "He claims he used multiple different accelerants . . . It got away from him quickly," said the marshals office. Scrap dealers pay more for uninsulated copper wire - about $1.25 per pound, said fire marshals. The first alarm sounded at 5:33 a.m., and the blaze spread from its origin in a building just feet from the East River to consume much of the 16-acre complex, which in the last year had been rezoned for housing development. Witness information led investigators to settle upon Kuczera as a suspect, and they arrested him yesterday. The property is owned by a series of partnerships controlled by Joshua Guttman, a real-estate developer with a history of poor relations with his tenants whose properties had been involved in several suspicious blazes. "The property owners are relieved that they have been vindicated," said Israel Goldberg, one of Guttman's lawyers. But the fire brought scrutiny to Guttman's upkeep of the property.Yesterday, Brooklyn DA Charles Hynes brought 434 counts of failure to maintain waterfront property against Guttman and his firms, on grounds that in 434 days before the fire, he failed to fix its dilapidated piers and bulkheads. Guttman could be fined $5,000 on each count. Goldberg declined comment on the new charges. Kuczera is a man with "a soft spirit," said the Rev. Krzysztof Steiner of the Greenpoint Polish United Methodist Church. Kuczera showed up at the church shelter in January after his arm was broken by neighborhood thugs who prey upon the homeless, Steiner said. The pastor said Kuczera was once a union laborer. "I liked this guy very much . . . I thought he had the skills to work and be successful," Steiner said. "He was very intellectual and practical. His behavior was silent and quiet." But he also described Kuczera as "naive."
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 06-08-2006 at 07:39 AM.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

Still kinda sounds similar to another famous fire

The Reichstag fire, a pivotal event in the establishment of Nazi Germany, began at 9:14 PM on the night of February 27, 1933, when a Berlin fire station received an alarm that the Reichstag building, assembly location of the German Parliament, was ablaze. The fire seemed to have been started in several places, and by the time the police and firemen arrived a huge explosion had set the main Chamber of Deputies in flames. Looking for clues, the police quickly found Marinus van der Lubbe, shirtless, inside the building. Van der Lubbe was a Dutch insurrectionary council communist and unemployed bricklayer who had recently arrived in Germany.

Adolf Hitler and Hermann Göring arrived soon after, and, when they were shown van der Lubbe, Göring immediately declared the fire was set by the Communists and had the party leaders arrested. Hitler declared a state of emergency and encouraged aging president Paul von Hindenburg to sign the Reichstag Fire Decree, suspending the basic rights provisions of the Weimar constitution.

The Nazi leaders were determined to demonstrate the Reichstag Fire was a deed of the Comintern, and in early March 1933, three men were arrested who were to play pivotal roles during the Leipzig Trial, known also as "Reichstag Fire Trial," namely three Bulgarians: Georgi Dimitrov, Vasil Tanev and Blagoi Popov. The Bulgarians were known to the Prussian police as senior Comintern operatives, but the police had no idea of how senior they were. Dimitrov was in charge of all Comintern operations in Western Europe...

Historians generally agree that van der Lubbe was involved in the Reichstag fire. The extent of the damage, however, has led to considerable debate over whether he acted alone. Considering the speed with which the fire engulfed the building, van der Lubbe's reputation as a mentally disturbed arsonist hungry for fame, and cryptic comments by leading Nazi officials, it is generally believed the Nazi hierarchy was involved in order to reap political gain — and it obviously did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default Suspect in Greenpoint Inferno May Have Alibi

June 14, 2006 -- Police may have arrested the wrong man in connection with last month's warehouse fire in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. A contractor from Sullivan County says the man accused of starting the fire that destroyed the waterfront complex was working for him at the time of the blaze. Zbigniew Sarna of Pond Eddy says Leszek Kuczera, who was arrested last week, was feeding horses and cleaning out a campground 85 miles upstate in early May when the warehouse went up in flames. Sarna says he brought Kuczera back to Greenpoint on May eleventh. A police department spokesman says officials are looking into Sarna's claim. Kuczera is being held on Rikers Island. The fire was the city's biggest -- excluding the World Trade Center disaster -- in a decade.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Glad to see Guttman is going to court for property violations. 434 counts times $5,000 each count. Now the question is will the charges stick or is this guy made of Teflon? I hope they hit him in the wallet where it will hurt him.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Thread Information