Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Talking She's back from the land of Koalas and Kangaroos..!!!!!!

Well, it is almost that time of year again. Finals are this week and next Friday through the miracle of modern technology, I will crawl on the plane on Friday May 12 and wake up on Sunday in Sydney. 10 beautiful days of doing my best to see the wild critters of Sydney. I have also booked a trip to the Blue Mountains and a day of wine tasting. I haven't found any towers to jump off of yet, but there are bi-plane trips you can take.

Did I say that I can't wait!!!
    Last edited by superchef; 05-26-2006 at 08:54 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Now the bi-plane flights, you would have to tie me down and chain me up if you were going to try and HOLD me BACK from getting onboard, cuz I love flying. And the chance to fly a bi-plane would be a great trip.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

When I was looking at it, you get the pre-flight instructions and go up with an instructor, You have the option of taking the controls. That would be fun. I'll wait till I get there to see about booking that one, but if I can get it booked, I will probably do it. Flying is on my list of the 100 things to do before I die.

that and jumping out of an airplane.. I live dangerously don't I !!!

Well you can jump out of as many SERVICABLE aircraft as your heart desires, but if you want me to pilot said aircraft, well .. "Put me in Coach!" cuz I'll fly any airplane any day. (Licence and actual aircraft familiarization optional )

**ok... been a long time, better brush up on my theory of flight... Bernuli, where the heck are ya boy? Hey Newton, Get over here!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I pity the pilot who ever relinquishes the controls to me.

"No seriously, I have Microsoft Flight Simulator at home on my PC. I swear this twin otter will pull a negative 6G outside barrel roll!"

Have Fun Cheffie!
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Ahhh but the burning question is: does the Otter have skis or wheels. That might be why you are able to pull those -6g barrel rolls...... Drop the wheels for skis, put it into a steep dive, pull back on the stick and push the throttle full open, as the horizon dips below the panel, roll 'er over, full left rudder and feather the left engine....... VOILA! Let gravity take care of the rest..... if you can hold on that long.....

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by superchef
    Flying is on my list of the 100 things to do before I die.
    Hopefully it won't be the last thing you do.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking too many choices too little time

option 1

Activity Description
    This adventure starts at Camden airport. The joy rider will be briefed on the operation of the aircraft and how to manipulate the controls in flight. Once in the air we will go through the basic manoeuvres on how to control an aircraft. Once the joy rider has flown the aircraft in basic flight we will then start the aerobatics. Within the hour we will do Loop the Loop, Rolls, inverted flight and Hammer Heads. Then if the joy rider is up to it, he or she will get the opportunity to try a Loop and a Roll.

The aircraft we use for this adventure is the American built Citabria (airbatic spelt backwards). This aircraft is a great aircraft for this exercise as it is fully aerobatic and is front and back seating. The Joy rider will sit in the front (Captains seat) which will give him or her feeling that their on there own. The aircraft is fitted with dual controls and the pilots are very experienced instructors and aerobatic pilots.

Option 2

This is one of our most popular packages as you will have time to fly around the greater Sydney environs and gaze in awe at the beauty of Sydney and its suburbs from the air.

In the yellow Tiger you will see some spectacular sights and have a go at some hands on flying.

This flying is very popular with former Air force pilots who originally learned to fly in Tiger moth's and who would want to relive the nostalgia and experience or just about anybody who wants to feel the romance of flight at lower levels and watch the world go by.
    Last edited by superchef; 05-02-2006 at 03:45 PM.

WAY KUULLL I have about 20hrs in a Citab, flying with a buddy of mine from high school and cadets. They are a kuul a/c to fly in!

Crikey.

They are sending you to Austrabloodyalia.?

What crime did you commit?

Sorry to the Aussies, couldn't help myself, being a good Kiwi and all.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking I'm back- did you miss me???

Since I can't seem to post a new thread, I will use this one.

Australia is an incredible country. Between New Zealand last year and Australia this year, I am packing up and moving down under. The Blue Mountains are gorgeous. I took a glass cable car ride that takes you right down into the heart of the rain forest (the car has glass walls and ceiling) so you could see all around you. Then after walking around th rain forest (with bird calls all around you in the trees and ferns, you ride a tram back up but it goes almost vertical straight up. The sign on the tram says not to put babies, cameras and valuables on the seat as they may slide off. Believe me they mean it! You go straight back up to the top.

The underwater aquarium is awesome. You are walking through the ocean with sharks and stingrays and all types of fish swimming around you. You can't help but walk around through it more than once. Looking up you see a shark swimming over you with those lovely teeth. Swimming on the other side is a giant sting ray, added to that are all the different types of fish you never knew existed swimming all around you. I saw a platypus too. Very cool looking animal.

I am ready to pack up and go back.
    Last edited by superchef; 05-26-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Forum Member
    Whangaparaoa Peninsular North Island New Zealand

Thumbs up Nice one!

You should be employed by the tourist board, Cheffie! You raved on our bit of paradise AKA"Godzone" AKA "Land of the Long White Cloud"--and now you do the biz on "Awestruckingfailure"

Like FlyingKiwi, I love our bit of the world--must reiterate-There are no "nasties" to kill you in NooZeelund, unlike that other big island just over the horizon that has every worlds worst poisonous everything! Even your Platypus has poisonous spurs in the hind legs to do you bodily harm.

Having said that, welcome back!--FYI--I have had mail returned from all AOL subscriber's in my address book, anybody else?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default pictures

yours truly with Sydney Harbour and the Harbour Bridge behind me. Sydney Opera House is in front of me. More to come... if I can ever get the pictures to fit that is..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Default featherdale wildlife refuge

This was one of the wildlife parks I visited on the way to the Blue Mountains. These critters were just hopping about (and eating breakfast!).
    Last edited by superchef; 05-30-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by superchef
    yours truly with Sydney Harbour and the Harbour Bridge behind me. Sydney Opera House is in front of me. More to come... if I can ever get the pictures to fit that is..
    Way cool...

I was there in 97 or 98 (setting up a store in Chifley Plaza) and walked over the Harbour Bridge and around the Opera House one Sunday.

Andy

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Dingos

I think they were eying me for breakfast.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default do you think he looks hungry??

This is from the underwater aquarium. He was swimming right over my head.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Sydney Opera House

The inside is beautiful. There are separate theatres for drama, ballet, classical music. If I remember the numbers correctly, there are a million tiles on the outside sails.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default from the same aquarium

This sting ray was massive. He is swimming over my head here.
    Last edited by superchef; 05-30-2006 at 04:50 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default more from Featherdale

These are penguins, small litttle chaps, fairy penguins, they are blue and white. very cute little guys.

Thread Information