Forum Member

Default Grant Site: Update your info

When I logged into the grant website today, the "Update your Info" button was there.

Just a heads up, make sure you check the Phone Numbers section, ours was all messed up. It is 3 text boxes per phone number, looks like there update/conversion messed them up, ours showed:

402 -64 -535

I don't remember if it was just one box before or not, but when they split the numbers up, they didn't remove the -'s before filling the fields in.

Bruce
    Bruce Arp
    2nd Asst. Chief
    Weston Volunteer Fire & Resuce
    http://www.westonfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Where is the link that you are talking about? I went to www.firegrantsupport.com and did not see anything, nor did I see anything when I logged on. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

The update request will come up after you log in. It comes at different times and you may not recieve one. If it's not there, nothing to worry about.

Forum Member

After I logged into the site, normally you go to the status screen with a list of your grants you have applied for. This time, when I logged in, it was a seperate page asking to update our contact info, then it had two buttons, one was to go update your info, the other was to skip and until next time.

Bruce
    Bruce Arp
    2nd Asst. Chief
    Weston Volunteer Fire & Resuce
    http://www.westonfire.com

Forum Member

I noticed in scanning through our dept info that the phone numbers were already screwed up like that in the app period. Probably some html gremlin. I fixed mine.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Question

I had updated some phone numbers in my profile when I began our app. and then saved them. I assumed that they had changed! I noticed the other day that the mobile number is still incorrect! I tried to change it in profile page, but it will not change. I sent an e-mail from our mailbox from the app. site to them about this problem. I got a reply asking for what the correct number was and that they would correct it. I replied, giving them the correct number. That was 4 days ago and I checked today and still the wrong number listed!
    Has anyone else had similar problems?

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The Update Profile request is not random, but it's no indication of anything other than needing to re-verify the Profile information. With turnover, promotions, changes in responsibilities they want to make sure that the contact information is accurate. Several I worked with this year had the original person listed as the contact related to the login, and they were no longer in the department. That's the person that gets the emails and phone calls first, so make sure all of that info is updated to save headaches.

Forum Member

I know its not random, and I know it doesn't mean you are getting awarded, but why would they waste their time if they are going to send you a dear john? Are your chances better if they ask for the update? Is it a good sign?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Well, it's not random meaning the system isn't just firing off the update pages. It is programmed with certain metrics to show up, like maybe last time logged in, last time updated, etc, etc. Everyone has to update it at least once annually.

And they want to make sure it is all good so they can notify you with good or bad news. Several departments I worked with/answered questions for had gotten denials but their contact info was wrong because they never bothered to check it. Some found the 1199A and other prenotifications around award time, and never got them to the private email address because the info was wrong. The FPSs will only do so much to call and email people before they stop and handle other work with those that kept their info up to date.

Forum Member

So there is no need in reading into it?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CTJAKE
    So there is no need in reading into it?
    Bingo, just a check to make sure you're alive

Forum Member

I'm surprised they have free time to make sure I'm alive.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CTJAKE
    I'm surprised they have free time to make sure I'm alive.
    As long as you're a taxpayer, they'll always find the time to make sure you're still livin'

Thread Information