MembersZone Subscriber

Question Anyone heard when the first 10q's are coming out?

I was just wondering, if anyone has heard if the peer review process is on schedule? If they are going to start awards in June, then the first batch of 10 questions e-mails should be coming out soon, anyone heard anything??
    Stay Safe!

Scott
    Bellona Vol. Fire Co.

"There are three kinds of people, those that learn by reading; the few that learn by observation and the ones that have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - anon.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Peer is still going on this week, which is the last. Tech review by DHS will follow in the next few weeks, so the first pre-notifications are at least 4 weeks away.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

MembersZone Subscriber

So have any/all the DJ's gone out for those that didn't make it past computer scoring or is that still weeks away as well?
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

FH Mag/.com Contributor

DJs won't come out until August at the earliest. At least that's what's been happening in the past, drop a few rounds of awards then first round of DJs.

Forum Member

New to the forum,

Actually new to grant writing, but I reviewed the awards announcements for the past two years and thought I noticed a pattern, maybe someone could let me know if I am crazy.

It appears the first 8-9 rounds are given out alphabetically. Meaning if your department name begin with an A you will get your announcement in the first round, but if your name begins with a W, you won't hear until round 8 or 9. Once they got through the alphabet once, the DJ's went out. At least they did last year.

Anyone out there that can confirm or deny that pattern?

Don Miller
    Training Officer
    Weiser City Fire and Rescue, Idaho

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They are listed that way in the announcements within the round, but they are not awarded that way by any means.

The first round of the DJs comes out usually in August for those that didn't make Peer Review. Last year the October (Round 2) DJs were half those that didn't make Peer, half did but scored low across the board. The rest of the DJs are all those that made Peer and the longer it is until you get your DJ the closer you were to funding.

MembersZone Subscriber

We got our DJ in round 13 last year. How many rounds were there total last year? So since we got ours that late that means we were farely close to getting funded? If so that makes me feel alot better for this year.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Usually 4 rounds. Round 1 is those that didn't make PR, Round 2 was PR with low scores by computer and PR, Round 3 higher on both, Round 4 they basically ran out of funds. Round 4 is usually small and estimates say another $10-20 million in the program might have made those awards. Tough to say since it always varies a little bit. Some of the 4th round ones in the last couple of years have been saying that if excess funds become available the DJ recipient will be in line for some of those monies. So there is somewhat of a guage by DJ received date, but don't take that to mean that you can just re-submit the same app the next year. Everyone else will be changing theirs, you still might need to tweak it to make up the points that you missed in the prior year. Also why assessments are so important.

- Brian

Forum Member

Hey, what are you guys talking about? I just got the 1199a link today and I'm ordering the truck tomorrow!

Just kidding. A little grant writing humor there. Good luck to all!
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

I see, there is a terminology difference.

As an end user, each weekly announcement, to me, appeared to be another round, since that is the term the press release uses.

To someone with more process knowledge, like BC79er, round and announcement are two different things.

I am clear.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Rounds and announcements are used interchangeably, at least I do that anyway. There are awards rounds and denial rounds, each on their own schedule.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yo, everyone, chill out, go on vacation while you have the chance and then start the biting the fingernails routine. Either that or quit worrying about AFG and start getting your acts together for Fire Prevention & Safety and SAFER, or are you going to procrastinate about those also? LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    Yo, everyone, chill out, go on vacation while you have the chance and then start the biting the fingernails routine.
    I figured everyone would still be on pins and needles for CEDAP not the 2006 AFG.

Earl where are you?!?

Forum Member

I know I keep showing up here looking for CEDAP info myself.

Forum Member

Default new out look on grant writing

Ok,

much like the commerical with the monkeys and the profits(career builder.com I think), and based on the fact that a good friend just won 430,000.00 on a 2 dollar quick pick.

I am going to spend a dollar a day on lotto tkts to fund projects.....now wait...there is a method to my madness.....
    - First I will have to do very little research
    -second: I will have more free time to do everything else
    -third: The % taken in takes is just like the matching so depending on the amount I will; my department will still need to come up with some $$
    -Last but not least....the amount of time spent waiting to see if you are a lucky winner is much less then with the grant program?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yawn....stretch....snort....

Wow, what a great nap. Anything new on CEDAP??

Honestly, i've been working (my supervisor reminded me that i have a day job--so did the mortgage company!!) the past few weeks and doing some mental prep for SAFER. Steve...i just found your business card and i'll try to shoot you an e-mail from my office today. Still got that narrative available???

Best wishes to all.
    earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2
    Still got that narrative available???
    Ready and waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

I knew there was scientific proof.......insurance is a cure for insomnia.

Forum Member

Ok, i thought they were the same but what is the difference between the 2006 AFG and the CEDAP grants?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cserini
    Ok, i thought they were the same but what is the difference between the 2006 AFG and the CEDAP grants?
    They are two entirely seperate grant programs. Rather than try to explain this in this forum why don't you look at these two links and you can see for yourself what the difference is between the two. If you have questions after that give me a shout and I will be glad to explain or answer any questions you may have.

AFG -http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/afgp2004.html

CEDAP -http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/le_cedap.html
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information