Forum Member

Question What's bothering you?

Okay firehouse, this time, I bring to you, ther 'What's bothering you' thread. Let's get down to basics, what is bothering you about anything? Whether it be here, at the fire department, or anywher. I want to hear what's on your mind, what can be changed (about anything) or what has been improved? Just whatever is bothering you, we want to know!

Forum Member

Just whatever is bothering you, we want to know!

We do? lol
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

You want to know what's bothering me? And it's free here? Usually I have to pay $100 an hour for someone to listen to me rant...lol
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

HAHA! I agree a hundred percent! Great one!

Forum Member

What's bothering me? Well, I have this itch...

Seriously, I got into fiberglass insulation running some wires at work.

Forum Member

Ha! That's a good one. Hope it gets better

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffexpCP
    What's bothering me? Well, I have this itch...

Seriously, I got into fiberglass insulation running some wires at work.

I HATE that stuff!! That stuff is heavy too!

A little ashamed to admit this, but I have fallen through a ceiling carrying this stuff!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Same here, even after numerous of showers, the itch stays on.

Forum Member

Whats bothering me is that on thursday is the last episode of That 70's Show....
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

What's bothering me is the season finale of CSI: Miami is coming. Hmm, that's going to really suck. Along with that 70's show.

Forum Member

Does anyone know why all these shows that have been on for 8 years are all ending ie That 70's Show,Will & Grace, 7th Heaven, and some others??
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by laddercompany
    Okay firehouse, this time, I bring to you, ther 'What's bothering you' thread. Let's get down to basics, what is bothering you about anything? Whether it be here, at the fire department, or anywher. I want to hear what's on your mind, what can be changed (about anything) or what has been improved? Just whatever is bothering you, we want to know!

everytime i drive through a particular intersection, and sometimes when i sleep, even when i am awake, i see the face of the little girl we tried to save after an auto accident with ejection ( vehicle landed on top of the little girl ). i never knew her name, but her image haunts me every day. I know talking about it is good, and no i am not going to see a shrink about it. just thought id let yall know about my biggest demon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 275fbvfd
    everytime i drive through a particular intersection, and sometimes when i sleep, even when i am awake, i see the face of the little girl we tried to save after an auto accident with ejection ( vehicle landed on top of the little girl ). i never knew her name, but her image haunts me every day. I know talking about it is good, and no i am not going to see a shrink about it. just thought id let yall know about my biggest demon.

Hey Brother, I'm glad you posted that and I hope to God that it made you feel better. We all have our demons to deal with. Mine happened a couple of years ago. We got the call of an explosion at a house, as we were dismounting the truck this frantic gentleman starts yelling at us saying that it was our fault and that if we had been there sooner(even though we had a great respone time) that his parents would still be alive. Now I know that we did our best to make a quick response and that the gentleman had just been tramatized and that he really did not mean what he said but it still leaves an impression. But the worst part was when we got to the task of removing the bodies, as we were removing the bodies I noticed my Dad in the crowd of family, the couple that we were removing happen to be very close friends to my Dad. That one felt like a double whammy to me.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Default Deal or No Deal

We started watching Deal or No Deal at the fire station and had some good laughs over it. So it's on last night and here's the scenario:

Wife of a Marine stationed in Iraq currently (at the time of taping) is the contestant. She gets all the way to the end and still has the $500,000 suitcase in play. She gets offered a good amount of money around $120,000 (considering she came there with nothing) by the banker. She asks her husband what she should do and he says take the money. She refuses. So now she's faced with a choice to pick one more. She asks her husband which one to pick. He says #12. Well, she hems and haws over that number and says it just doesn't feel right. So she picks #11 because that is a luckier number in her mind. They open #11 and it is the $500,000 suitcase. So she ended up walking away with $28,000 when $120,000 would have been on the table if she hadn't been so freakin greedy. After taxes, they'll be lucky if they can afford the motorcycle he wanted.

GREED is truly the root of all evil. This show displays it each night. Why ask your spouse what they think if you don't give a crap and will press on anyway? This one bit her in the ***** and I was sorry to see the Marine have to suffer for it. He was live via satellite from Fallujah. Some members of his unit were behind him cheering for him while his wife threw caution to the wind and lost of their money. Our soldiers pay is a disgrace and this would have given them a nice cushion.

275fbvfd,

This is a trivial matter compared to what you are facing. I wish you luck in finding peace over that incident. PM me if you want.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

I was watching Deal or No Deal last night, too, and at one point she was offered $99,000 AND a motorcycle... hopefully she learned her lesson and next time she won't be so greedy.
    28 P.R.I.D.E.
    Protecting Residents In District #1 Everyday
    www.westmead1.com

Forum Member

Just remember, she got to be on TV for a little while and she is leaving the show with more money than when she started. There really is no downside to that.

Is it greedy to play a game and take a chance (with no real loss) or greedy to play a game, not take a chance, and get more money?

In a game where you start at zero and at your absolute worst leave with a penny MORE than what you came with, is there ever really a bad way to go? Think about it.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    Just remember, she got to be on TV for a little while and she is leaving the show with more money than when she started. There really is no downside to that.

Is it greedy to play a game and take a chance (with no real loss) or greedy to play a game, not take a chance, and get more money?

In a game where you start at zero and at your absolute worst leave with a penny MORE than what you came with, is there ever really a bad way to go? Think about it.

You are probably right Bones, but I gotta say, if my wife did something like that, I would have a very hard time not being really really ****ed off. I think she may have come out of it with more money, but Ive seen relationships end because of less crap than that!
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

former FH.com member

Whats bothering me is that the San Antonio Spurs are down 3 games to 1 to the Dallas Mavericks in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

MembersZone Subscriber

this happened to me a few years ago and i still remeber it like yesterday it happened when i worked for a rural ambulance service........pager goes off for accident rush to get dressed and hed upsatirs....get outside and its cold so cold that the influx of cold air burns ur nose. we drove for what seemed for ever but it was only minutes. we get on scence and there is a car that is wedged up agaisnt a telephone pole on the drivers side. the passenger compartment was now like only 36 in. wide and then we look a lil closer and realize they are twin brothers. we rush to the hospital and ive been pumping on his chest for so long that my arms are jello. then they finally call it at the hospital. I go outside and call my other job for another ambulance service and tell them im gonna be late.....after im already in a state of confusion,disbelief. the BI*#H that im talking to starts screaming at me for the fact im gonna be late. I go outside and start to clean the ambulance up and its looks like a war zone. then someone points out to me to look at my jacket and the sleeves are covered in blood...and its so cold that its frozen on there. I was numb for so long and sometimes i still think bout it.the other twin did make it he's a lil slow but of to college now. but for the brother that are hurting talk to someone u trust doesnt hafta be a shrink and you will be suprised what it does and keep ur head up it will get better.
    But there ain't no medals on my chest A*!holes cause im no hero, Im a fireman! (Denis Leary) Tommy Gavin - Rescue Me.

Forum Member

Wow, this is serious stuff. I really hope this is relieving alot of stress from people. There is alot of stress in the fire service and it's hard to deal with these things, but the more we talk about it, the better we feel, the better our performance on the job becomes, the better firefighters we become and the more lives we save. Keep it up!

Forum Member

Yeah I saw Deal or No Deal...I would have taken the 128,000 she was offered...also the fact that the Devils got eliminated and the Net will probaly get eliminated tonight makes me feel sad...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

I must have slept wrong last night and Ive had a stiff neck and a head-ach all day.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    I must have slept wrong last night and Ive had a stiff neck and a head-ach all day.

I slept fine, but swimming over 4 miles in 2 1/2 hours makes your head and nexk hurt too.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

I think I got a cold because of stress, that's possible, right?

MembersZone Subscriber

heres another call that bugs the crap outta me we had a gentlemen get sloppy drunk run into a ditch wedged the drivers door next to a 84in. drainage tile slammed the ditch so hard he folded the front axle under the transmission. had to cut the roof off,and the pass. door he broke a femur a nose and shattered an eye socket. the when he comes too. two days later he acusses the dept. of stealing $300 and a gold chain. whata retard. And my favorite call of last year!!! had a house fire day after christmas and the 2nd floor fully invloved. called mutual aid fire under control and out in like 15 min. lady that owned the rental property walked up to the chief and chews his but saying he should not have had firefighters on the roof and that theres now way we shoulda cut holes in it!!! wtf when did she become chief!!!
    But there ain't no medals on my chest A*!holes cause im no hero, Im a fireman! (Denis Leary) Tommy Gavin - Rescue Me.

Thread Information