Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Buffalo Sabres Bandwagon

OK, so here I am, a pretty big sports fan in general, as most of the regulars around here know. Fan of most of the NY area teams, Mets, Yanks, Rangers, Jets, Giants, Nets and ok I'll even admit to the Knickerbockers. (Hate the Devils, sorry Bones, George and the rest of the Jersey boys.) I, like most hockey fans, was really alienated by the labor situation last season, and it took me a while to come back around. But now that the playoffs are here, and the games are good, I've decided to hop on with the Sabres. Been watching them from afar, always sort of liked them, but ever since that Campbell fellow laid out that Umberger dude from the Flyers with the Hit of the Century, (Google "Umberger check", it will show a link to a YouTube site, well worth the download!) I'm sold. Their fans are great, the city could use a shot in the arm, so, let's have at it! Let's go Sabres. who's with me? Watched the game against Ottawa last night, good bye Sens on a shorthanded OT series winner! Nice defense there Alfredsson! YAHOO!!!!!! Oh yeah, one more thing, they have one of the coolest goal horns of any arena in the NHL. Can't wait for the next home game. (I realize last night was in Ottawa.)
    Leroy140 (yes, THAT Leroy)
    Fairfield, CT, Local 1426
    IACOJ Tillerman

I've been a Sabres fan since birth.

GO SABRES!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer
    I've been a Sabres fan since birth.

GO SABRES!
    Add another one here....just glad that Dallas isn't around to funk this one up. It's the Sabres year...
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Forum Member

My hope is for a Sabres vs Oilers Stanley Cup. The two hardest working teams.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pfd4life
    Add another one here....just glad that Dallas isn't around to funk this one up. It's the Sabres year...

HAHA definatly.

My hope is for a Sabres vs Oilers Stanley Cup. The two hardest working teams.
    I couldn't agree more.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bring on the Carolina Hurricanes, who have dispatched the hated NJ Devils. How misplaced are my loyalties? As many of you know I'm sure, the 'Canes are the former Hartford Whalers. (Thank-you Peter Karmanos, still despised by puckheads all over Connecticut.) The song "Brass Bonanza" is on an endless loop in my mind! But I digress. Go Sabres!
    IACOJ Tillerman

MembersZone Subscriber

The dream is dead..............4-2. Fock Rod Brind'Amour and the rest of the damn Hurricanes. Wait till next year.
    IACOJ Tillerman

My hat's off to the Sabres! They should be extremely proud of what they accomplished this year. They were an absolute blast to watch all year, they were a true TEAM. The buzz in Western New York was great over the past few weeks....but we're used to not quite getting to the brass ring. No one, including the Sabres, could have predicted the kind of season they had. No excuses, but could you name another team that lost 4 of it's 6 top defensemen, a top center, and still fought right to the end? They have the opportunity in the off season to make some moves to increase their depth, but the core is in place. Bravo guys...great job!!
    In Arduis Fidelis
    Faithful in Adversity

Quote Originally Posted by TCFire
    My hat's off to the Sabres! They should be extremely proud of what they accomplished this year. They were an absolute blast to watch all year, they were a true TEAM. The buzz in Western New York was great over the past few weeks....but we're used to not quite getting to the brass ring. No one, including the Sabres, could have predicted the kind of season they had. No excuses, but could you name another team that lost 4 of it's 6 top defensemen, a top center, and still fought right to the end? They have the opportunity in the off season to make some moves to increase their depth, but the core is in place. Bravo guys...great job!!
    Agreed! They definitely fought all the way to the end, and played a clean game. Maybe they should have checked a little more but none the less a hard fought game with 5 of their front line people out. Good job Sabres and we will get 'em next year. (Perhaps that should be Buffalo's motto!)
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Quote Originally Posted by TCFire

Couldn't have said it better myself. Congrats gentlemen on a job well done!

Forum Member

Being from a town north of Buffalo my family has season tickets for many years. I, too, was born a Sabres hockey fan.

There was nothing better than sitting in the firehouse watching the game hoping that we didnt get a run.

Even though they lost game 7, I am proud of them for all of their hard work. I am looking forward to next year. Actually Im glad that they lost when they did because the disappointment is lesser now than in the finals again.

Forum Member

I was hoping my Oilers would face Buffalo in the final but it's not to be so we will just have to kick some Carolina butt instead.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!

Ahem....

Canes Lead Stanley Cup Finals 1-0 With 5-4 Win
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

LET'S GO OILERS!!!!

Not a sore loser, just think that they are a bunch of hardworkers and play as a team.

Devils Fan Till Death Damnit!!!
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Thread Information