Forum Member

Question Ft. Rucker Questions

As some of you know from my many questions My husband is at Goodfellow training for Firefighter for the army. We just found out that he will be stationed at Ft. Rucker. I wondered if anyone could give us info on the base as well as their Fire department.
    I have been told that Ft. Rucker is part of the Garrison there which makes them not deployable.. is this true? I thought everyone was deployable?

Any other info you can give me on the area, housing would be wonderful!!
    Thank you
    Kristina

Forum Member

you are going to a great situation. rucker is home of army aviation. he will be doing a lot of crash, and medivac. and from what i have heard you can tell if this changes ft rucker ff are non deployable. it is a great place to go and a great place to get experience. A long time ago ff did not do a lot of firefighting but had it good, from what i have heard they have a crash unit, structural and medivac. i would like for somebody to let me know what they do but that is what i heard. GREAT PLACE FOR A FF.

Forum Member

go to the ft rucker website for housing info

Forum Member
    Last edited by DonSmithnotTMD; 06-11-2006 at 10:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FT Rucker

A friend of mine is a Army Firefighter at Ft Rucker. He has been there over a year now and he say's it has its ups and downs. I guess it all depends on who you are and what you like.

Forum Member

Thank you for all the info. Im sorry Im just getting back to reading them. Its been a bit crazy around here. I was told on the military.com forums that the FF at rucker are not deployable cause they are a part of the garrison there. I hope that the case but of course I have to always remember they are soldiers first. CJP - Is there any way you could get more info from your friend about there day to day at Rucker? We are reporting there the first week in aug!
    Thanks
    Kristina
    kristinatucker@hotmail.com

Thread Information