Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BA Control

Forum Member

Question BA Control

Here is a question that I need help with. More times than not I am put on BA Control. Here is where your help comes in. Seeing as how it is a volunteer dept. and you never know who will be at a call, what do other depts. use for their BA Control board. I just use paper that has a spot for names and spots for a max of 5 tanks so I can keep track of time in and out. Does anyone out there have a better way of doing this?

firegirlsfd
    (aka Tina)

MembersZone Subscriber

A simple and inexpensive way to create a BA Control is to use a small dry eraser board. Grid it out in permanent marker (will not erase) with the info you want to keep; name, time in, time out etc. You will be able to track alot more personnel and is reusable. It's easily stored on the apparatus or POV.

Try cleaning it with alcohol before you grid it but use a paint marker instead of a permanent marker..... my experience is that after you write over permanent marker with dry erase, and it sits for a few minutes, and then wipe it, it will erase the permanent marker.
    Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

MembersZone Subscriber

firegirlsfd,

I am having issues with my e-mail account. So I have not been able to e-mail any info or recieve it for that matter.

I do not have a picture of of the BA Board. It was an idea that I came up with as a suggestion to your question.

I will e-mail (when up & running) you a modified copy of a form that we use at the fire academy to track air consumption. This is easily transferable to a dry eraser board and provides enough space for 25 personnel.

Forum Member

Our BA control boards have a slot for the firefighters DSU tag which has on it the firefighters name. the time in. air pressue. then you come accross the board and type the time out and the task that the firefighter is doing and the sector that the firefighter is working in.

I hope that its some help to you.

Andy

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Instead of permanent marker, use thin strips of masking tape to grid out a small whiteboard. Don't have to worry about it erasing/smudging.

You may also want to attach D-rings on the side to attach the entry tags of the crews as they go in.

Forum Member

Talking Thank you

Thanks everyone for your ideas. These all how I was taught in my courses, but unfortunately getting it going is not easy. We don't have tags with members names, but I think that I can modify the white board to accomidate what we need. If anyone has pictures they can send me or other ideas you can e-mail me at tinaedwards2003@yahoo.ca. Thanks for the ideas and please feel free to write.

Tina

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Use 1/8th" car pin striping instead of permanent marker or dry erase to make the dividing lines. I've used that on dry erase boards along with the lettering available from most office supply stores to make sure no one can move or rearrange things that are supposed to be permanent. You always get one wing nut that wants to peel the letters, but they usually last a long time.

Thread Information