Thread: FDID number

Forum Member

Default FDID number

My dept went on mutual aid call with another dept. The other dept doesn't know its FDID number. How can I find it? Any help would be appreciated.

Forum Member

I thought it would be listed in the Fire Dept census with the U.S. Fire Administration, but its not. Go figure. I imagine if you contact them or perhaps your County or State Fire Marshall's Office, they could tell you.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

MembersZone Subscriber

What is the name of the department you are looking for. I might be able to help you out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flochief
    My dept went on mutual aid call with another dept. The other dept doesn't know its FDID number. How can I find it? Any help would be appreciated.
    The sad thing is that if they don't know their own FDID number then they are NOT submitting to NFIRS. It may be time for them to jump on the band wagon and start submitting.

I know that in the state of Texas, if we apply for a grant from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection, we must agree to submit to NFIRS. Besides it gives the country an overall view of what we, as firefighters, are doing to protect our communities.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

You might want to check around a little more with that department. Maybe the person or persons you were talking to don't know the FDID number. I know that if you walked in my station right now and offered a $100 bill for the first guy who could give you our FDID number, more than likely nobody could.

If they do submit NFIRS reports, ask the guy who submits the reports. He'll know.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Thread Information