Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Broken tanker/tender

Is it possible to add information to a submitted grant application?

Our tanker which we applied to replace has now ruptured for the 5th time and can no longer be repaired.

I am guessing the answer is NO.

Thanks

I don't know of any such mechanism. I hope you mentioned in your narrative that the tanker was so close to death.

Sounds like you have a good case. Good luck!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

You are correct, the answer is no. The PG page 5 states,

Once you have submitted your application, you cannot
    change it.

Quote Originally Posted by timm1960

Our tanker which we applied to replace has now ruptured for the 5th time and can no longer be repaired.

Thanks
    Quite right on the answer being no however; you might wish to make a point of alerting your congressional reps. to this "change" in status. Perhaps they can offer some assisitance.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

If you need "emergency" replacement the possible avenues to pursue are USDA Rural Development Grant/Loan. If you qualify. USDA has (or had)and "emergency" provision where they can fast track an app. Our grant was on a 3 or 4 month cycle so an emergency in theory would be faster.

FEPP surplus. A trucks/chassis, trailers, and tanks (military or civilian) is possible though you may have to do some work. We were just allocated a 1990 Ford F900 6x6 tractor 44000lb GVW which we plan to convert to a tanker. Military 6x6 chassis are relatively easy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    Quite right on the answer being no however; you might wish to make a point of alerting your congressional reps. to this "change" in status. Perhaps they can offer some assisitance.
    Are you implying that some congressmen or women may have some pull in the awards process?

I know, this horse is dead, but i just had to bite on it

Some poepel will tell you yes, some will say no. Who can say what goes on for sure on Capitol Hill. All I do know is that you never know when your Senator or Congressman may have more juice than you think. It won;t hurt that is for sure and if you get rejected, you never can tell when a "earmark" might come your way based upon a sepcial emergency in the right congressman's district. I always encourage my clients to play the political card and play it at the right time. If they don;t know it is broke, they certainly will not offer to fix it.ALso are you aware that you can approach a local community bank and geta specail rate on a low interst loan becaus eit is in the best interst of the community safety? I don;t know what the particular IRS tax regulation code is that allows them to do this but, the loan they can offer is about two points lower than what they generally offer. Have you considered trying the USDA Rural Community Facilites loan program or going to your State Division of Forestry and seeking money to geta loan to fix this problem?
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    Some poepel will tell you yes, some will say no. Who can say what goes on for sure on Capitol Hill. All I do know is that you never know when your Senator or Congressman may have more juice than you think. It won;t hurt that is for sure and if you get rejected, you never can tell when a "earmark" might come your way based upon a sepcial emergency in the right congressman's district. I always encourage my clients to play the political card and play it at the right time. If they don;t know it is broke, they certainly will not offer to fix it.ALso are you aware that you can approach a local community bank and geta specail rate on a low interst loan becaus eit is in the best interst of the community safety? I don;t know what the particular IRS tax regulation code is that allows them to do this but, the loan they can offer is about two points lower than what they generally offer. Have you considered trying the USDA Rural Community Facilites loan program or going to your State Division of Forestry and seeking money to geta loan to fix this problem?
    This being an election year get your congresscritter in town for a meet/greet. Easy to do right now, particularily if in a contested primary. Your senator if up for reelection. Talk up your problem "how can you help us" and FOLLOWUP with the designated POC.

"Essential Community Service" loan. As for FD equipment, roads, etc etc. A letter from your city attorney will suffice for your banks loan file (bank examiners will want to see). Most/many banks will be eager to make "Essential Community Service" loan as meet their REQUIRED community loan %/standard (by the Feds), if to be repaid from tax rcpts they are quite sure of repayment, and the collateral has a ready market.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by timm1960

Thanks
    Right now there are 6x NG surplus 2 1/2 6x6 trucks in usable condition available for draw at Camp Ripley (Little Falls). You could "own"/have these in your fire station within about 15 days. Only cost is fuel to go to Ripley to pickup. Use until you get something else. You want larger truck go further afield, or wait a bit.

A Duece is good for 1000-1500gal tanker. See http://www.roscommonequipmentcenter.com/ for blueprints on making a 900gal wildland truck.

Thread Information