MembersZone Subscriber

Cool KCFD Hiring Process??

Does anyone know anything about the B-Pad Testing that KCFD does?

Forum Member

You may be mistaken. I think what you refer to is " CPAT " which is an acronym for Candidate Physical Agility Test. A set of exercises to gauge your wellness and fitness..
    Check this link at the IAFF site ..scroll down just a little and it gives info on development and administering. Even a link to some online referece materials.

MembersZone Subscriber

First off you need to fill out an interest card. That can be done on line Here . Once that is done, they will send you any info you will need concering the rest of the hiring process.
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

MembersZone Subscriber

No, i'm sure that it's called a B-Pad testing, i have filled out an interest card, and i went through the hiring process this past year in KCMO, but unfortunatly didn't make it past the b-pad test. was just looking for some info about it, cause i have never taken one before, and was kinda taken by suprise by it. i guess i didn't do my home work about the department first. any info would help about the b-pad test.

Forum Member

I have no idea of that kind of testing, or that it was actually taking place. I googled it and here is one of the few links that I found; B-Pad

Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

MembersZone Subscriber

Any KCFD guys know when the next Academy class will start & how many people will it hold? I heard that besides hiring for additional manpower that there may be a mass retirement coming up. Is this true? Thanks.

Forum Member

Default Bpad

St Louis used the BPAD in 2002 for a promotional test for Capt and B/C.

It was a big scandal. Firefighters were caught cheating & stealing copies of the videos prior to the exams. Several people were fired.

BPAD is a video test that the person testing interact with the person on the video. It is role-playing with a actor on the tv instead of one in real life

MembersZone Subscriber

any possibility of KCMO getting rid of the age restrictions (no one over 30) so an old guy like me (34) might have a chance?

MembersZone Subscriber

When last I spoke with a DC ( deputy cheif) just before the last big hiring spree, he indicated that there was no intention of eliminating that specific requirement.

Just turned 35 myself.
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

MembersZone Subscriber

pvfire424 thanks for the info. was hoping there may be some chance of going through the process. thanks again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by htruckee
    Any KCFD guys know when the next Academy class will start & how many people will it hold? I heard that besides hiring for additional manpower that there may be a mass retirement coming up. Is this true? Thanks.
    I've heard January there is another class of 25 going through. There is a good deal of retirement eligable firefighters, but that doesn't mean a mass retirement is coming soon. There isn't any incentive based retirement package if that's what your implying. Some stay many years past the mark cause shelling out 1K for healthcare is a little tough to take.

MembersZone Subscriber

I started at 136, probably wont make it in to any class on this list. Ive started preparing for the next process. Mostly for the step in the process where its the Consultant Group interview.

Thread Information