MembersZone Subscriber

Default Minor in possesion

At the age of 18 i was charged with a minor in possesion of alcohol, I am now 23. will it stop me from getting a job. (misdemeanor offense)

Thanks.
    Last edited by yoronn83; 05-24-2006 at 04:33 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

What grade of offense is it, i.e. misdemeanor, felony? Some offenses, if not major, will still allow for employment.

Best advice - no matter what - be honest about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes and no. Here's what I mean. If this is an ISOLATED example of something you did when you were a kid I would not expect it would have a huge impact on your pursuit of a career in the fire service.

If, on the other hand, further investigation reveals that you are a heavy drinker and you have other examples of breaking the law such as driving violations, parking tickets etc. it will have an impact on your career choice.

Everyone has made mistakes (certainly I am no exception to the rule). Your background investigator will determine if this was an isolated example or if it just the tip of the iceberg.

The best thing you can do at this point os to make sure that you don't give them any more ammunition. Live your life like your future background investigator is watching. Funny thing. In a manner of speaking........he is......

Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Thread Information