Forum Member

Default Wisconsin NFPA Collapse Tech Class

Wisconsin Technical Rescue Team is holding an NFPA Structural Collapse Technician class. Sept 26th – Oct 1st. 2006. Open to any member of a fire or EMS Dept. This class will be taught by the members of the Fairfax Va. (VATF1) FEMA Urban Search and Rescue Team, through ARK Technical Rescue. This will actually be 3 classes NFPA classes in one, Awareness, Operations, and Technician, and is designed to take the firefighter with no knowledge or limited knowledge to the most advanced level.

This class will be in the Appleton/Oshkosh Wisconsin area. For more information and registration please visit our team’s website at http://wtrot.tripod.com

Please note this is not a FEMA sponsored or sanctioned class. However there will be a certification test at the end of this class. If students choose to take the test and they successfully past, they will be given a certificate stating they are certified to the NFPA Technician Level for Structural Collapse.

Forum Member

I am familiar with Wisconsins effort to organize an Urban Search and Rescue program. Is this course sanctioned by the State? I am not familiar with your group and want to ensure I would be taking a class that meets the program requirements for later use.

With the State of Wisconsin looking to organize this sort of training what role does your organization have in the state response? Just curious.

Thread Information