MembersZone Subscriber

Default DOD water rescue help

I currently work at Blue Grass Army Depot located in central Kentucky. On post we are responsible for 1 large lake and several smaller lakes and ponds. At this time we are trying to justify to the DPW director the need for surface water rescue training and equipment. As of now we keep getting denied this training because the DPW director says their is nothing in DOD 6055 or in AR 420-90 stating the need for water rescue training/equipment. I am looking for help on how to justify the need for the equip/training. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At this time boats may only be used on the large lake. Approx 2 years ago our members conducted a water rescue and saved a mans life after his boat capsized lucky for him he was only 200' from shore and we had some strong swimmers working that day.
    I HAVE NO AMBITION INTHIS WORLD BUT ONE, AND THAT IS TO BE A FIREMAN. THE POSITION MAY, IN THE EYES OF SOME, APPEAR TO BE A LOWLY ONE; BUT THOSE WHO KNOW THE WORK WHICH A FIREMAN DOES HAS TO DO BELIEVE HIS IS A NOBEL CALLING.

Forum Member

Get in touch with the Aberdeen Proving Ground FD (which I retired from August of last year.....) APG is comprised of two peninsulas on Marylands upper western shore- jutting out into the Chesapeake Bay. There are two stations, both of which have 18' Parker center console rescue boats. Marine responses consist mainly of the "Boater in distress" variety, but also an occasional "overturned craft" comes in. The main station assists the communities of Havre De Grace and Aberdeen, being assigned on Marine Box Assignments. The APG Edgewood Station also assists Baltimore County frequently. I would say total responses for both boats would probably be 50 a year.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information