Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey
    Scott makes SCBA's for NASA.....that's how they started actually.

Guess if it is good enough for NASA, good enough for me.
    NASA was approached by Scott to make a smaller, lighter SCBA at the request of the nation's fire service (mainly the larger east coast departments). Scott had been in business for many years prior to the deal with NASA. Just another trip down memory lane.
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

former FH.com member

Default from todays news....

City Sues Interspiro Over Firefighters Supplies

LAST UPDATE: 12/5/2006 6:08:16 PM
    Posted By: Katy Camp
    This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.

The City of San Antonio has filed suit against Interspiro, the company that first supplied San Antonio firefighters with their breathing tanks.

The lawsuit was filed in State District Court today.

The city paid $2 million for the tanks in 2005.

But once the fire crews got them out in the field, they failed multiple times. This prompted San Antonio leaders to demand the city’s money back.

They ordered new breathing tanks from a different company.

The city hopes to replace the money they spent on the devices and cover the costs of the hassle involved.

Forum Member

I'm from Sweden and I've only used Interspiro SCBA:s. Most of my instructors at Revinge Rescue College (former SRSA College Revinge) had MSAs and only one of them (a hazmat instructor, btw) had Interspiro. Don't know what they use at the other college (Sandö)... yet .

The FFtrainees at Revinge use SpiroLite flasks (a lot lighter than the steel SpiroMatic flasks). When you start running out of air you have to flick down a switch on the regulator in order to use the air reserve. It doesn't give you any alarm except from the feeling that you suck your mask in and out that comes when you have less than 50 bar left (and by that time you should already have gotten out of the building minutes ago, I've learned).

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
    I'm from Sweden and I've only used Interspiro SCBA:s. Most of my instructors at Revinge Rescue College (former SRSA College Revinge) had MSAs and only one of them (a hazmat instructor, btw) had Interspiro. Don't know what they use at the other college (Sandö)... yet .

The FFtrainees at Revinge use SpiroLite flasks (a lot lighter than the steel SpiroMatic flasks). When you start running out of air you have to flick down a switch on the regulator in order to use the air reserve. It doesn't give you any alarm except from the feeling that you suck your mask in and out that comes when you have less than 50 bar left (and by that time you should already have gotten out of the building minutes ago, I've learned).
    Roland, love you brother, I even read Steig Larsen's books, but this thread is four years old.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Roland, love you brother, I even read Steig Larsen's books, but this thread is four years old.
    Plus it has rotten in the grave as well.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    I do remember when the then new Scott 4.5 SCBAs came out in the mid/late 80s. Tough, simple and worked well.

Some of us were SMART enough to stay with 'em. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by choad33 View Post
    SO what was the exact problem with the interspero packs in Texas...

My paid department uses them...I would like to be able to watch for problems. The biggest issue I have had with them is during a rit drill the cylinder got turned off dragging my fat *** across the floor.

The volly department I run with in my home town uses Scott and we have had nothing but problems. The cylinders leaked charging the pack and arming the pass... Nothing like getting a call from the cops to go the station at 2 am to turn off 26 pass alarms. They changed out the valves three times untill it got fixed. The most recient problem is masks breaking where the regulator snaps in.
    Nothing like responding to an OLD post BUT: If you're breaking masks at the regulator opening,YOU ARE DONNING THEM WRONG. ONLY thing that will cause the problem, You're ****ing the regulator and twisting which hyperextends the Lexan and breaks it. Cut and dried AND DOCUMENTED. T.c.

Thread Information