Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Imagine My Surprise

When I get woke up at 0500 by the tones of my pager. First I should start by saying we don't respond to the station for pager calls unless we are signed into the Canteen truck for the night (which I was not).

That being said, I recognized the address. Not in a personal way because I don't know the family, but they are neighbours, about a block away, on the main road.

So I did a walking recce, because I wanted to know just how close to home, and more importantly, do I need to work out an alternate departure route? As it turns out, it is at the next intersection, but to the left, whereas I will be heading to the right. Which is great, except that E430, Merrifield, is restricting traffic flow. and that's fine because at least now I know.

Judging by the units called out for this, its pretty big, and I know that the homes here can be pretty close together, but more importantly there are a lot of tree exposures in the entire neighbourhood. We are pretty "green" around here. I don't know exactly how big because I wasn't about to get in anybody's hair by getting too close. However, I did see the local PD blocking the road, and additional units up the road. Even standing beside E430, the smoke was heavy enough not to want to be any closer.

I hope all goes well for the guys working out there, and my heart goes to the folks who are in the midst of loosing their home and their possessions. I hope also that everyone got out alright, safe and sound.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I was at the Stn earlier this afternoon, and got my hands on the PIO report. The good news is the two occupants of the home evacuated without injury. The bad news is its an estimated 50K damages. I drove by on my way home, and other than some apparent smoke damage to the eaves and roof, there is limited external visable damage. Good job on the fire crews there.

However, I know from past experience that there will of course be a lot of smoke damage. And of course collateral water damage, unfortunately.

But everyone make it out safely and thats the main thing.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information