Forum Member

Default High School graduates

The Jackson High School class of 2006 graduated 156 students last night. Amoung these are 5 individuals who have completed the state of GA Fire Academy Basic Firefighter class Module 1 and Basic Structural fire class. These individuals include: Flovilla firefighters Matthew Hunt, Charles Tiffner, Jeremy Williams; Jackson firefighter Roberto Price; and Butts County Firefighter Derrick Adams.
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL. THE FUTURE OF OUR FIRE SERVICE IN OUR AREA HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER!

Forum Member

Sorry, I don't share your enthusiaism, another group of youngsters with no life experience who would rather play X-Box than train or get their hands dirty.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wag11c
    Sorry, I don't share your enthusiaism, another group of youngsters with no life experience who would rather play X-Box than train or get their hands dirty.
    Excuse me? I started training for my fire department during my senior year, and by the time I graduated from high school I was getting ready to finish my probation. Every time I go out to train with other firefighters, the younger guys (high school and college age) have a lot more enthusiasm and often work harder at learning everything than the older guys.

Think about what you're going to say before you say it. There's always an exception to the rule, and in this case there's quite a few exceptions.

And congrats to the five who graduated. Good work!

Forum Member

Wag,
    These 5 are all gun ho. The big thing is they want to help people. THEY ARE NOT AFRAID OF HARD WORK. I know I trained them. 3 of these guys are already registered for college. 2 are going to EMT school to improve their chances at getting hired at a full time dept.
    I believe our department has been a good role model for them to follow.

Our dept has had several individuals that has started as volunteers that decided this is what they want to do for a living. To me there is no better compliment to a volunteer fire dept.
    We are like a minor league baseball team preparing people for the major leagues!

Permanently Removed

Excuse me too!

I was a Fire Explorer Scout during my Sophamore and Junior years in High School. i was able to attend the CA State Fire Explorer program and got hired full-time out of high school.

Being an Explorer and attending various academies and programs made me mature, educated and gave me a great jump into the fire service.

I am not sure what your angle is here.

-Bou

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wag11c
    Yep I gotta agree with the others here...The Juniors in my area are all into learning everything they possibley can and helping the people of their community...Not many of them are x-box junkies and the ones that are still train and work very hard..
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information