Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapley

Forum Member

Cool nothing

Last edited by fuzzymeep; 06-12-2006 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzymeep
    hey what is up. my name is dylan tapley and i am 14 i am a fire explorer for the little town of sandown NH. i have been on the explorers for 3 years i am 1st LT. (my dad is on teh department as c4 so that is why i joined the explorers at the age of 12) so if you are a explorer writer back

Welcome to the forums fuzzymeep. Quick question, what is C4? (besides an explosive! )

I am also an explorer. I have about 2+ years in the post and love it.

Just a friendly reminder that I give to most new people on the forums. If you use proper english, grammar, and punctuation you will be respected and if you have read some of the previous explorer threads you will see why the Explorers who know proper english are usually more respected and do not usually start trouble.

So, again, welcome the the forums and I hope you learn alot. Feel free to ask questions and if you've got any, feel free to PM me or somehow get my attention.

Jake
    a.k.a- RFRDxplorer
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Hey Jake,

Wouldn't that be English, with an uppercase E?

C4 is the designation for a ranked officer on the radio, with the Chief being "C1", down through. Around this area (VT and NH) it's more uncommon to hear numbered units, versus our "C4" "I10", etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue
    Hey Jake,

Wouldn't that be English, with an uppercase E?

Toche 343, Touche.

I see now. Our officer designations are 200- Chief, 201- Asst. Chief, 202- Fire Capt., 203- EMS Capt., 204- Fire Lt., 205- Fire Lt., 206- EMS Lt., 208- EMS Lt.

This is for our dept only....no areawide system like you have.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer
    Toche 343, Touche.

I see now. Our officer designations are 200- Chief, 201- Asst. Chief, 202- Fire Capt., 203- EMS Capt., 204- Fire Lt., 205- Fire Lt., 206- EMS Lt., 208- EMS Lt.

This is for our dept only....no areawide system like you have.
    The only "area wide" systems in these parts are the mutual aid organizations. Capital West Fire Mutual Aid is one, Chittenden County Fire Mutual Aid is another, etc etc. There are quite a few organizations like that throughout New England. Each department will issue it's Chiefs/Officers a letter-number for their radio system, just like how your department uses the numbered system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Welcome to the site Young Fella....Just some advice....Don't talk about lights and you should be pretty safe...Enjoy
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

LIGHTS?! WHO SAID LIGHTS?!?! I LIKE LIGHTS!!!

I have 2 MX-7000 lightbars, 3 strobe bars, 5 LED lightbars, 4 arrowsticks( 1 for each direction DUH!), 24 rotating halogen dashlights, 6 hidden strobes in each taillight/headlight, 36 grill LED's, 2 visor strobes, 2 Light Towers, 8 airhorns (different sounds of course), 3 Federal Q's, 2 Powercall Sirens, 8 assorted electronic sirens(each with its own speaker, since I wanted more Q's but didnt have enough power I added 3 electronic Q's, Ice Cream Man soundtrack with its own speaker, PA system on roof rack (ala Blues Brothers-I think they were vollies too), and in case the people cant hear me, I tow this behind my AMC Pacer......

P.S.- I also have reflective chevron striping on each side of the vehicle (including underbody) for increased visibility.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LIGHTS?! WHO SAID LIGHTS?!?! I LIKE LIGHTS!!!

I have 2 MX-7000 lightbars, 3 strobe bars, 5 LED lightbars, 4 arrowsticks( 1 for each direction DUH!), 24 rotating halogen dashlights, 6 hidden strobes in each taillight/headlight, 36 grill LED's, 2 visor strobes, 2 Light Towers, 8 airhorns (different sounds of course), 3 Federal Q's, 2 Powercall Sirens, 8 assorted electronic sirens(each with its own speaker, since I wanted more Q's but didnt have enough power I added 3 electronic Q's, Ice Cream Man soundtrack with its own speaker, PA system on roof rack (ala Blues Brothers-I think they were vollies too), and in case the people cant hear me, I tow this behind my AMC Pacer......

P.S.- I also have reflective chevron striping on each side of the vehicle (including underbody) for increased visibility.
    LOL..That would probably have to be the all time best whacker mobile...At least nobody could say they wouldn't be able to see them coming...Although they may be blinded
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Why you so worried about people going blind! This nut has more sirens and ice cream truck music than the city of NY. I may see were you are coming from on the blind part as he also has more lights for this "Thing" that he calls a ERV that the whole state of NY!

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by American20
    Why you so worried about people going blind! This nut has more sirens and ice cream truck music than the city of NY. I may see were you are coming from on the blind part as he also has more lights for this "Thing" that he calls a ERV that the whole state of NY!

Have a great day!

American, buddy, you haven't been around long enough to know that we are just kidding. So many people have done things like I did above....it was all in good clean fun. Besides, I only have 1 halogen rotator and 1 powercall siren on my bicycle.......JUST KIDDING

Quote Originally Posted by American20

Have a great day!
    Calmmmmmm Down Young Grasshopper....As RFRD said its just a joke as you'll learn in time....

Come on RFRD..Don't lie...We all know you have more than just that on your bike

Ryan

Forum Member
    Whangaparaoa Peninsular North Island New Zealand

Default Little friend of all the world(Kim-Rudyard Kipling)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzymeep
    hey what is up. my name is dylan tapley and i am 14 i am a fire explorer for the little town of sandown NH. i have been on the explorers for 3 years i am 1st LT. (my dad is on teh department as c4 so that is why i joined the explorers at the age of 12) so if you are a explorer writer back
    Hi young enthusiastic friend--a word of concern and only in your wellbeing--you have given your name and where you live.
    Not everybody is as straight up as most firefirefighters--please be a bit circumspect--please show this to your Dad, he knows we are on your side.

Regards from the Land Down Under.

American, buddy, you haven't been around long enough to know that we are just kidding. So many people have done things like I did above....it was all in good clean fun. Besides, I only have 1 halogen rotator and 1 powercall siren on my bicycle.......JUST KIDDING
    I thought you had that full Code3 lightbar on your bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by KTorak
    I thought you had that full Code3 lightbar on your bicycle.

No, No, No...you must be thinking of the Saline Police Explorers with the hideaway strobes on their bikes!

I AM ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING RIGHT NOW... I wish i had a camera

No, No, No...you must be thinking of the Saline Police Explorers with the hideaway strobes on their bikes!

I AM ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING RIGHT NOW... I wish i had a camera
    rotfl....thats great.

In all seriousness, to free myself of any guilt, the Saline Police Explorers are a great group of guys (and women) who do a great job. I would me happy to work with them anytime, anywhere.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2andfrom
    Hi young enthusiastic friend--a word of concern and only in your wellbeing--you have given your name and where you live.
    Not everybody is as straight up as most firefirefighters--please be a bit circumspect--please show this to your Dad, he knows we are on your side.

Regards from the Land Down Under.
    Great point, and as of right now I have this young mans address, phone number, as well of the credentials of many of his neighbors up on my screen. Not because I'm a stalker, just to prove the point. From this point, I can easily figure out any automobiles under the family's name, what kind of house they live in, and possibly the blueprints from their house, how much land the family owns, and with all of this information I could probably find out a lot of your history. Oh, and I'm not even doing any sort of hacking or anything illegal, this is all publically availible information that you have just tied this account to. And think, I found all this out about you and it only took me about 10 minutes plus the time it took to write this. Don't feel threatened by me, I don't have the gas money to drive to NH if I even wanted to in the first place. Just remember this and stay safe out there.

I've seen RFDExplorer's car. It doesn't look much like a car, more like a big lightning bolt on wheels. He even has TireFlys on the wheels and multicolored flourescent glow paint on the rubber in a chevron patter for added warning at night.

Seriously though, why not just plaster your car with tri-color LEDs? That'd make a killer 360 degree warning.
    Last edited by MichaelD77; 06-05-2006 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD77
    I've seen RFDExplorer's car. It doesn't look much like a car, more like a big lightning bolt on wheels. He even has TireFlys on the wheels and multicolored flourescent glow paint on the rubber in a chevron patter for added warning at night.
    Think I can win any awards at convention with it?

P.S.-- I am going to try really hard get off work and find a way to attend.

Forum Member

Think I can win any awards at convention with it?
    "Lady's and gentlemen, the Zeusmobile."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD77
    "Lady's and gentlemen, the Zeusmobile."

ROFLMFAO!!! That's hilarious!

Thread Information