MembersZone Subscriber

Default hands free siren

does anyone know what company makes a hands free electronic siren that cycles threw the siren tones without changing them by hand?thanks

Forum Member

Electronically, it shouldn't be hard to do. But what would its purpose be?

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!

MembersZone Subscriber

officers car. no air horns or q2 siren

MembersZone Subscriber

The HFS series of sirens from Whelen can be wired to the Horn button to change the tones.

MembersZone Subscriber

SVP has HF siren modes in some of their high end SS series sirens.

www.star1889.com
    Jason.
    Career Paramedic/Volunteer Firefighter
    Saving Lives or Basements everyday.
    Member of the IACOJ

Goalies are the best btw :P

Forum Member

Q2B foot pedal is as hands free as it gets and what else do you need?

Forum Member

A foot pedal hooked to the air horn next to it. Those pedals are the best when your riding as officer.

Stay Safe

Forum Member

Almost all of your late model electronic sirens have some form of this feature,Basically you wire the trigger into the vehicle horn curcuit and every time you tap the horn ring,button,whatever it changes the siren tone/function. T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 09-03-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Forum Member

If you want it to cycle through the tones without any user intervention, I'm not sure if any of them do that. I think if any of them are going to have that function, one of the high end Unitrol sirens would be something to look at. Otherwise, almost all of them have some kind of horn/foot pedal input for remote control.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just set it on Wail and leave it there, if there is only an electronic siren on the truck. When it has a Q2 and air horn, I don't use the electronic.
    I have a very hands on siren on my old engine. Its a Model H, Sterling hand cranked siren.

IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AC1503
    I just set it on Wail and leave it there,
    Agreed. A lot of the time you're better to keep your hands on the wheel and watch traffic than be concerned with what sound your siren is making. If I truly get stuck and need a new noise, it's easy to just yank the chain for the air horn as needed.

I am always amused with the guys who fiddle with the siren all the way there like it makes all that much of a difference. Man, just watch the road.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

Forum Member

is it possible if you have a siren mounted somewhere, to have a switche installed that either puts the siren control @ the siren or a remote switch. For example you could change the tone at the siren itself or have a switch wired to another location that is closer to the operator.

I have an old siren and I am just playing around with it. Kind of a crazy idea.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Just by listening to them, I am sure that the City of Sacramento has an auto-changing (dual) siren on their medic units. I can hear the tones changing from wail to yelp and back at regular intervals all the while they are going down the street. Like I said it is a dual siren, two different tones in different phases so it is difficult for me to explain exactly what it is. But I thought it was a neat idea. If I had one I would put a simple switch for it, siren "off" or "on".

Birken

DVFD

Default dvfd 412

Touch master TM-4 and the Omega have a sweep lock funtion on them they are made by Fed-Sig

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BirkenVogt
    Just by listening to them, I am sure that the City of Sacramento has an auto-changing (dual) siren on their medic units. I can hear the tones changing from wail to yelp and back at regular intervals all the while they are going down the street. Like I said it is a dual siren, two different tones in different phases so it is difficult for me to explain exactly what it is. But I thought it was a neat idea. If I had one I would put a simple switch for it, siren "off" or "on".

Birken
    SVP makes one like this and so does Carson..... Not sure if anyone else makes them or not. These have what SVP called the "magnum" feature. It is actually 2 siren amplifiers in one. You hook it up to (2) 100 Watt Speakers. When you turn the magnum off, it's just like any other siren......... When you turn it on, and you put it on "wail", it will start out of 1 speaker and then the other speaker will kick in a second or so later. Same thing when it's on "yelp". Starts out of one speaker then the other kicks in a second later. When it's switched to "phaser" you get a "wail" out of 1 speaker and a "yelp" out of the other......... Basically, it makes it sound like 2 rigs responding.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information