Thread: E-One Dealer

MembersZone Subscriber

Default E-One Dealer

I have been told by a close friend of mine that another E-One dealer has bitten the dust. Not sure how true or for what reason this may have happened. I also heard that this same distributor (not to mention any names) lost a major extrication distributorship as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Temporarily Inactive

E-one continues to require dealers to absorb costs of warranty expenses and so new prospects familiar to me have not moved forward in their bid to rep and service the Ocala company's products. One can only wonder how long any network can exist under such costly requirements and what the ramifications will be to the main office if one by one the reps opt out for sheer financial inability to meet such stringent requirements.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldestwiseowl
    E-one continues to require dealers to absorb costs of warranty expenses
    LOL.......GEE, I WONDER WHY?????????
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

If E-One had covered all the warranty costs for that morphodite POS the P-23 crash truck bought by the USAF that would have bankrupted them right there.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Default Leeco

The dealer you refered to is probably Leeco. They have been having problems for a while. Its sad to see them go. At one time they kicked *** with a lot of good product. They sold Amkus in alot of states for a while. Good luck to Kenny and Carol.
    Later

MembersZone Subscriber

Default <gilamonster>

Email or send me a PM. Would like to discuss this more with you. Thank you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default P-23

While Fyredup has expressed his disdain for the P-23 ARFF unit. I must note that, according to my Air Force friend, the vehicle was bid and sold to the USAF by Teledyne-Continental Motors in Muskegon, Michigan.

They designed and built the chassis including the suspension and power train. E-One was sub-contracted to build the cab, body & plumbing. The agent tanks were sub-contracted to another manufactuer.

Teledyne was the prime contractor and responsable for the design and any warranty claims.
    They were bought by General Dynamics who pretty much walked away from any responsability held by Teledyne.

For the record!

Forum Member

If any one at Leeco reads this, all the best in your future endevours. I have found out there is life without E-One. Who is next to pull the plug???

Forum Member

Thanks Fire. Changes are taking place for the better.

MembersZone Subscriber

Iselltou, what have you heard going to happen now in Arkansas?

Forum Member

Do not know. I have heard 10-33 from KY is trying to get it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Isell, what kind of company are they ? Do they handle everything you guys did? I take it from your response you are a past Leeco employee, which one are you? We have bought things from Leeco in the past.
    Last edited by Lieutenant387; 06-11-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Forum Member

How can I help you?

MembersZone Subscriber

help who Gila?

MembersZone Subscriber

For all intrested, just recieved a letter from Carolyn and Kenny. They have decided to retire and have sold their inventory and dealership to Pro-Fire. Jessi, Jamie, and Kim will be working out of Conway, Arkansas for Pro-Fire. I hope them all the best, as they have always been good to our department.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Just for clarification, Pro-Fire is only taking over the equipment piece of the business, not the E-One franchise. They are the Pierce dealer for AR. As far as I can tell corporate E-One is the contact point for customers until they get another dealer setup.

Forum Member

Default Michigan E-One dealer closes

I just heard that the local Michigan E-One dealer (West Shores) has lost the product line is now going to be selling for Spencer Manufacturing. I went to the E-One website to do a dealer search for Michigan at it tells you to contact the regional manager. Another E-One dealer is lost.

MembersZone Subscriber

E-One? I wasn't aware they were still building trucks. I thought management had drove that company far into the ground already.

In all seriousness, there hasn't been any good news out of E-One in a long time. The latest round of events in Lincoln, NE hasn't helped matters at all. With the continuing loss of dealers, I wonder how much longer they will be able to keep going. There are quite a few states that are factory direct now including Michigan.

It does look to be true about West Shore. Look at this West Shore page that was Cached by Google.

Now look at the current West Shore page.

As you can see, the E-one logo was there not to long ago but now it has mysteriusly disappeared.

Reliance

Quote Originally Posted by toddmcbr View Post
    E-One? I wasn't aware they were still building trucks. I thought management had drove that company far into the ground already.

In all seriousness, there hasn't been any good news out of E-One in a long time. The latest round of events in Lincoln, NE hasn't helped matters at all. With the continuing loss of dealers, I wonder how much longer they will be able to keep going. There are quite a few states that are factory direct now including Michigan.

It does look to be true about West Shore. Look at this West Shore page that was Cached by Google.

Now look at the current West Shore page.

As you can see, the E-one logo was there not to long ago but now it has mysteriusly disappeared.
    If you look today 2007 at West Shore they lost Spencer and now have Custom Fab & Body vehicles listed

MembersZone Subscriber

as of this past September they have been selling bluegrass fire apparatus out of Kentucky.

Isell can you PM me? I know of some folks that used to work at Leeco.

Thread Information