1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    256

    Default Stokes Mounting Brackets

    Anyone have a good source for brackets to mount a stokes basket either on a roof or along the hosebed?

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FORTff
    Anyone have a good source for brackets to mount a stokes basket either on a roof or along the hosebed?
    The local metal supply shop. Aluminum "C" channel cut to the exact size you want.

    The local hardware store- Clevis pins

    Total investment: if you spent 10 bucks you overspent

    to buy factory manufactured mounting brackets: Most likely WAY overpriced!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Fletch 8903's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    150

    Default

    We've been using four eye bolts through the diamond plate over the compartments, and strap it down using bungee cords. Haven't lost it yet.

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff
    The local metal supply shop. Aluminum "C" channel cut to the exact size you want.

    The local hardware store- Clevis pins

    Total investment: if you spent 10 bucks you overspent

    to buy factory manufactured mounting brackets: Most likely WAY overpriced!
    We bought manufactured hangars for the side of our aerial from pierce for maybe 30 bucks. Only because pierce said so, but..it's worked perfectly, even when some of the retards we have put the basket in upside down and backwards.
    FF/NREMT-B

    FTM-PTB!!

    Brass does not equal brains.

    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

  5. #5
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Thumbs up Yup!.......

    I'm with FWD. Local Craftsmanship usually works things out so you have it the way you want it for YOUR local conditions.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    We had a sheet of diamond plate bent to fit between the boxes on the back of our "rescue pickup", creating kind of a false floor. Filled the stokes with RIT equipment and all we need to do is drop the tailgate and slide it out. Everything goes in one trip.

    earl

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    WBenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    190

    Cool Its all good.

    We have a stokes basket as well and we keep it on our Ladder truck as its also carries all our rope rescue equipment. We had a metal checker plated coffin made up that sits on the Driver side rear bed by the ladder it self.
    The stokes coffin will carry 300' of life rope and the floatation pads covered by a snap on tarp. We also had to make up a device for our basket as it will not fit in between our ladder rails they attach to the tip and hold the basket in place untill brought down to the bed? right or wrong this it what we have.

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    587

    Default

    We mounted one on the cab of the apparatus using a mounting bracket for a scoop stretcher. It was not wide enough, so it was cut in half and the bolted where it would secure the stokes.
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Nice, thanks.

    Since where I'm from everything has to be done more difficult, rather than just spending $20 or $30 to mount it, they want to spend god knows how much to have a diamond plate box made up to put the stokes in because they're afraid the sun will crack the plastic.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    WBenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FORTff
    Nice, thanks.

    Since where I'm from everything has to be done more difficult, rather than just spending $20 or $30 to mount it, they want to spend god knows how much to have a diamond plate box made up to put the stokes in because they're afraid the sun will crack the plastic.
    We have a diamond plate box and we store our basket in it. If you have the yellow international bradco basket you might want to store it out of the elements and if you have your basket rigging already set up you dont want the webbing and rope out in the weather as it will destroy it after only a few months of being out in the elements. And its their cash so let em.

  11. #11
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Thumbs up Yep!.........

    Quote Originally Posted by JAFA62
    We have a diamond plate box and we store our basket in it. If you have the yellow international bradco basket you might want to store it out of the elements and if you have your basket rigging already set up you dont want the webbing and rope out in the weather as it will destroy it after only a few months of being out in the elements. And its their cash so let em.
    VERY Good Point here. UV Rays in sunlight are damaging to certain types of plastic, and it's best to avoid finding out the hard way which kind you have. Additionally, I want the gear that I have to work with to be clean and dry when I need it. I have a hunch that the "customer" wants the same as well.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mars Lights Brackets
    By toddmcbr in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 06:27 PM
  2. Stokes Basket Mount
    By cbshea02 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 05:49 PM
  3. Reciprocating Saw mounting
    By tomgranat in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
  4. Stokes Basket rigging/strength of directional 8's
    By MrFreeze in forum Specialized Rescue
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2002, 10:13 AM
  5. Equipment Mounting Cost
    By pwc606 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-20-2000, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register