As a new 'recruit' to this forum may I seek both your kind indulgence and generous assistance.

After some 21 years with the London Fire Brigade (UK) and, following my retirement, for 14 years as the General Secretary/Research Consultant for the Firefighters Memorial Charitable Trust (www.firefightersmemorial.co.uk), I now have the honor & privilege of carrying out a similar major project on behalf of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) in Emmitsburg, MD.

The main purpose of the 'ROLLCALL' Project is to identify ALL firefighter LODDs since records began throughout the USA. Those records include career, volunteer, wildfire, private and any other qualifying types of fire departments that meet the LODD criteria of the NFFF.

In January 2004 my wife and I moved from the UK to Hampstead, NC., and during that time I have steadily recorded all post-1981 records from the NFFF dBase, cross-checking all entries with the US Fire Administration (USFA) dBase. My main interest now is to record all pre-1981 LODDs in as much detail as is possible, together with details of any surviving family members.

At this time the current NFFF web-site (www.firehero.org) is in the process of a total re-design and will include a direct link to the 'ROLLCALL' Project. However, I can be reached by email at rollcall@firehero.org and I would welcome any information you are able to forward.

In conclusion, all information received will be kept in the strictest confidence and any contact with family members will only be made by an appropriate NFFF staff member.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.