Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

hahaha....just to let you know I like my email address! lol You are just disappointed you didnt think of it first! lol Thank you for your support! I am thinking about taking an 'study abroad" class for Fire Science. With that degree it will make me more usefull if I get hired.

[QUOTE=Pfd109]
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeportfd
    hey whats going on? Hey, I got a real serious question. I just got out of high school and I always wanted to be an FDNY firefighter. You have to be 21 and have atleast 60 college credits (or 2yrs. military service)...I dont know what I should do! What would help me be a firefighter for FDNY? a paramedic degree or firefighter degree? I want to be an FDNY firefighter...always have since i could walk. But now I need some serious guidance on to what I should and need to do. So Please ask FDNY firefighters and yourself what needs done. Please give them my email (fightwhatyoufear1@yahoo.com) and please help guide me on what to do! Thank you and God Bless!

I think I would start by changing your email address, and please tell me you dont own a t-shirt with that on it as well. Anyway, I am just kidding. Good luck with following your dream.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

hahaha....just to let you know I like my email address! lol You are just disappointed you didnt think of it first! lol Thank you for your support! I am thinking about taking an 'study abroad" class for fire science. where can i get a study guide that will be perfect for the FDNY written and physical test?

[QUOTE=Pfd109]
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeportfd
    hey whats going on? Hey, I got a real serious question. I just got out of high school and I always wanted to be an FDNY firefighter. You have to be 21 and have atleast 60 college credits (or 2yrs. military service)...I dont know what I should do! What would help me be a firefighter for FDNY? a paramedic degree or firefighter degree? I want to be an FDNY firefighter...always have since i could walk. But now I need some serious guidance on to what I should and need to do. So Please ask FDNY firefighters and yourself what needs done. Please give them my email (fightwhatyoufear1@yahoo.com) and please help guide me on what to do! Thank you and God Bless!

I think I would start by changing your email address, and please tell me you dont own a t-shirt with that on it as well. Anyway, I am just kidding. Good luck with following your dream.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Important FDNY QUESTION

hahaha....just to let you know I like my email address! lol You are just disappointed you didnt think of it first! lol Thank you for your support! I am thinking about taking an 'study abroad" class for fire science. where can i get a study guide that will be perfect for the FDNY written and physical test?

Forum Member

Is there an upper age limit and would you have to appointment or test date for that age?
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Forum Member

I think it's 29 to test, 31 at appointment... but if you have military it extends it...

MembersZone Subscriber

LPFD53 - for the last test (Exam 2043) you couldn't have reached your 29th birthday by the end of the filing period. I turned 29 two months after it closed. I'm 32 right now, and was appointed - but had to defer for the last class, and had no military or anything like that.

Not sure if anything's changed, but that's what's in effect right now.

Here's what the FAQ section of FDNY website says:

What are the age requirements?
    Answer: Pursuant to Section 54 of the New York Civil Service Law and Section 15-103 of the Administrative Code, you must be at least 17Ĺ years of age by the end of the application period and you must not have reached your twenty-ninth birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination. However, you must have reached your twenty-first birthday to be eligible for appointment.
    Last edited by martinez24; 06-20-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Forum Member

I turn 29 in September. So as long as they start the following anytime before my birthday- I am ok? Anytime after I must go back to flipping burgers?

Quote Originally Posted by backin08
    I turn 29 in September. So as long as they start the following anytime before my birthday- I am ok? Anytime after I must go back to flipping burgers?
    Call the FDNY Recruitment Office 718-999-FDNY.
    If you're lucky, you may be just under the wire. Hopefully it doesn't open before your birthday.

What are the age requirements?
    Answer: Pursuant to Section 54 of the New York Civil Service Law and Section 15-103 of the Administrative Code, you must be at least 17Ĺ years of age by the end of the application period and you must not have reached your twenty-ninth birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination. However, you must have reached your twenty-first birthday to be eligible for appointment.

Good luck,
    bam

(LOL! Sorry Jim, just realized you posted some of the same.)
    Last edited by ffbam24; 07-03-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Forum Member

Default confused

Thanks. I called them this morning. They told me the application period will be begin in the first few days in August and conclude in October. They also said the test is scheduled for Jan and not Decemeber.

I told them my birthday was Sept 8th and they still said they would look into it. They sounded confused.

So if the application process begins in August- from what is posted on their website- I would think I would be ok. Since I am not 29 before the beginning of the application process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by backin08
    Thanks. I called them this morning. They told me the application period will be begin in the first few days in August and conclude in October. They also said the test is scheduled for Jan and not Decemeber.

I told them my birthday was Sept 8th and they still said they would look into it. They sounded confused.

So if the application process begins in August- from what is posted on their website- I would think I would be ok. Since I am not 29 before the beginning of the application process.
    It will not be a problem. I took my exam 3 days after my 29th birthday. good luck.

Forum Member

Thanks.

It looks like the made some definative dates. The applicaiton process begins August 2nd- so that means I am ok.

Also the test is going to be January 20, 2007.

Thread Information