Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17

    Default

    hahaha....just to let you know I like my email address! lol You are just disappointed you didnt think of it first! lol Thank you for your support! I am thinking about taking an 'study abroad" class for Fire Science. With that degree it will make me more usefull if I get hired.

    [QUOTE=Pfd109]
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeportfd
    hey whats going on? Hey, I got a real serious question. I just got out of high school and I always wanted to be an FDNY firefighter. You have to be 21 and have atleast 60 college credits (or 2yrs. military service)...I dont know what I should do! What would help me be a firefighter for FDNY? a paramedic degree or firefighter degree? I want to be an FDNY firefighter...always have since i could walk. But now I need some serious guidance on to what I should and need to do. So Please ask FDNY firefighters and yourself what needs done. Please give them my email (fightwhatyoufear1@yahoo.com) and please help guide me on what to do! Thank you and God Bless!

    I think I would start by changing your email address, and please tell me you dont own a t-shirt with that on it as well. Anyway, I am just kidding. Good luck with following your dream.


  2. #22
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17

    Talking

    hahaha....just to let you know I like my email address! lol You are just disappointed you didnt think of it first! lol Thank you for your support! I am thinking about taking an 'study abroad" class for fire science. where can i get a study guide that will be perfect for the FDNY written and physical test?

    [QUOTE=Pfd109]
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeportfd
    hey whats going on? Hey, I got a real serious question. I just got out of high school and I always wanted to be an FDNY firefighter. You have to be 21 and have atleast 60 college credits (or 2yrs. military service)...I dont know what I should do! What would help me be a firefighter for FDNY? a paramedic degree or firefighter degree? I want to be an FDNY firefighter...always have since i could walk. But now I need some serious guidance on to what I should and need to do. So Please ask FDNY firefighters and yourself what needs done. Please give them my email (fightwhatyoufear1@yahoo.com) and please help guide me on what to do! Thank you and God Bless!

    I think I would start by changing your email address, and please tell me you dont own a t-shirt with that on it as well. Anyway, I am just kidding. Good luck with following your dream.

  3. #23
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17

    Talking Important FDNY QUESTION


    hahaha....just to let you know I like my email address! lol You are just disappointed you didnt think of it first! lol Thank you for your support! I am thinking about taking an 'study abroad" class for fire science. where can i get a study guide that will be perfect for the FDNY written and physical test?

  4. #24
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Is there an upper age limit and would you have to appointment or test date for that age?
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

  5. #25
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    All over the east coast
    Posts
    249

    Default

    I think it's 29 to test, 31 at appointment... but if you have military it extends it...

  6. #26
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    213

    Default

    LPFD53 - for the last test (Exam 2043) you couldn't have reached your 29th birthday by the end of the filing period. I turned 29 two months after it closed. I'm 32 right now, and was appointed - but had to defer for the last class, and had no military or anything like that.

    Not sure if anything's changed, but that's what's in effect right now.

    Here's what the FAQ section of FDNY website says:

    What are the age requirements?
    Answer: Pursuant to Section 54 of the New York Civil Service Law and Section 15-103 of the Administrative Code, you must be at least 17Ĺ years of age by the end of the application period and you must not have reached your twenty-ninth birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination. However, you must have reached your twenty-first birthday to be eligible for appointment.
    Last edited by martinez24; 06-20-2006 at 02:38 PM.

  7. #27
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I turn 29 in September. So as long as they start the following anytime before my birthday- I am ok? Anytime after I must go back to flipping burgers?

  8. #28
    MembersZone Subscriber ffbam24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backin08
    I turn 29 in September. So as long as they start the following anytime before my birthday- I am ok? Anytime after I must go back to flipping burgers?
    Call the FDNY Recruitment Office 718-999-FDNY.
    If you're lucky, you may be just under the wire. Hopefully it doesn't open before your birthday.

    What are the age requirements?
    Answer: Pursuant to Section 54 of the New York Civil Service Law and Section 15-103 of the Administrative Code, you must be at least 17Ĺ years of age by the end of the application period and you must not have reached your twenty-ninth birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination. However, you must have reached your twenty-first birthday to be eligible for appointment.

    Good luck,
    bam

    (LOL! Sorry Jim, just realized you posted some of the same.)
    Last edited by ffbam24; 07-03-2006 at 08:53 PM.

  9. #29
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11

    Default confused

    Thanks. I called them this morning. They told me the application period will be begin in the first few days in August and conclude in October. They also said the test is scheduled for Jan and not Decemeber.

    I told them my birthday was Sept 8th and they still said they would look into it. They sounded confused.

    So if the application process begins in August- from what is posted on their website- I would think I would be ok. Since I am not 29 before the beginning of the application process.

  10. #30
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backin08
    Thanks. I called them this morning. They told me the application period will be begin in the first few days in August and conclude in October. They also said the test is scheduled for Jan and not Decemeber.

    I told them my birthday was Sept 8th and they still said they would look into it. They sounded confused.

    So if the application process begins in August- from what is posted on their website- I would think I would be ok. Since I am not 29 before the beginning of the application process.
    It will not be a problem. I took my exam 3 days after my 29th birthday. good luck.

  11. #31
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Thanks.

    It looks like the made some definative dates. The applicaiton process begins August 2nd- so that means I am ok.

    Also the test is going to be January 20, 2007.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Heart Attack Prevention w/ Dna Test
    By Prevention in forum Ladies & Support Auxiliary
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 01:28 AM
  2. Need some testing advice.
    By Moose641 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 09:38 PM
  3. FDNY - Article from "The Chief Leader" (warning - Long)
    By martinez24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 05:44 PM
  4. FDNY EMT Physical Agility Test
    By LongIslEMSGuy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 11:14 AM
  5. FDNY Test Question
    By SFDny15 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-21-2002, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts