Thread: Saved!

Forum Member

Default Saved!

Not really, the new series on TNT looks like its really going to take the EMS people and make them look like total idiots. All of you who thought Rescue Me made firefighters look bad just wait cause it looks like this new show is going to absolutely destroy what EMS does.

MembersZone Subscriber

"Step into my office...."

When I saw that scene in the preview I was mad, but only because that never happened to me.

Forum Member

I hope its not going to be like 3rd watch...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

Thumbs down

That was one of the worst shows I've seen. It made us look like total idiots. Do you all come into work and huff on the Oxygen with the mask already attached then put it back? I don't know about you all, but docs don't come out to our rigs on breaks so we can have sex as our partner sits there and watches. Nor have I seen an asystolic person spontaneously get a pulse back and live yet to boot. I have to say I hope this series doesn't last.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 38ffems
    All of you who thought Rescue Me made firefighters look bad just wait cause it looks like this new show is going to absolutely destroy what EMS does.
    You totally called it.

That was really bad, and I have a sneaking suspiscion that this show is really gonna catch on with the general public. It's got blood, action, dry humor and sex. That's all you need to make a hit show.

What was that line the one medic said to the other about his girlfriend? "You moved to Hawaii and when you came back, she was a doctor and now you're just a loser," something like that. No, he's not a loser, he's a paramedic. Now, I'm not a medic, but I thought that hurt. Being a paramedic isn't easy, and they shouldn't portray it as such.

Forum Member

You called it.That was really bad, and I have a sneaking suspiscion that this show is really gonna catch on with the general public. It's got blood, action, dry humor and sex. That's all you need to make a hit show.

You're right - Should be interesting to see how long this lasts on TV - Its what the general public wants though -

MembersZone Subscriber

I take these shows with a big giant grain of salt.

Yes the show was making EMS look like crap. But pretty much all shows do that.
    Rescue Me for Fire
    ER for well the ER
    Many random LAO, CSI, etc for Police

But I would have to lie if I said that I didn't enjoy the show. I saw many a great truths, sentiments, and opinions that I saw and had when I worked for the ambulance.
    I thought that the show was some good ENTERTAINMENT!!! It was not aired on TLC, Discovery, or any of those channels so I didn't sit down to watch it expecting a documentary. I am used to being portrayed as an incompetend idiot by the TV shows and the Media when it comes to my day-job, so maybe it just didn't make me mad as some people here. But like I said, it had its kernels of truth.

Doctors thinking we are crap
    ER's trying to divert you after you already take the patient inside
    Dealing with crazy's by humoring them
    Our sense of humor

Now the sex in the back of the rig...........that would qualify as wishful thinking on my part....but then again, I knew what all has been back there, so do I really want my bare bumm touching any of that stuff back there?

Forum Member

Usually when I watch these shows I have to watch them with other FF's or EMT's because I have a bad habit of going "COME ON!!! THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!" I do like Rescue me, I was addicted to Third Watch, we have the emergency DVD's at our station and those are great! This show was just to over the top. This formula for shows is getting old. The classic troubled individual who just happens to be some sort of prodigy of emergency services. It'll probably do well, I wont be watching it. Then again I said that about House and somehow became entertained by the show. I will wait and see before I completely shut it down. A lot of people think cops is a documentary, the show has writers and I constantly see things that you should not do as an officer (I am in law enforcement as well). I hope it gets good, it does have a niche being the first show about EMS in quite some time. I remember seeing this show when I was a freshmen in high school that was about a squad of teenager EMT's and it made me want to get into EMS, but I took a Fire Service class at my school and found firefighting was more fun so now I do both!

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

For a fictional TV show, it wasn't that bad.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

It has some very good entertainment value and I really enjoyed the flashbacks into patients past when they arrived at the call. No doubt everything is as exact as it would be on the street, cause some epsiodes would just be them sleeping and watching tv at the station. But a good portion of the medical aspects I saw appeard to be correct and hoepfully it'll give us something to watch this summer.

MembersZone Subscriber

I really do have to give the show props for the flashbacks.

Whenever we pull up on a scene all we see is the emergency, often the patients name is "The Full Arrest" "The MVA" "The Abused Kid" "The OD". We often don't take the time to think that "The Full Arrest" is a real person with a history, a family, a reason why all this happened.

Forum Member

Yes the show was making EMS look like crap. But pretty much all shows do that.

How about Paramedics on TLC or The Bravest...I dont recall any negativity in those shows to either job....far and few in between though...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY101TRUCK
    How about Paramedics on TLC or The Bravest...I dont recall any negativity in those shows to either job....far and few in between though...
    Problem is, people don't want to see reality, unless someone is getting tazed, maced, or arrested for prostitution. Perhaps, it's a trip into what life can become, without us being able to take any interventions to change an outcome, whereas, you can in legal situation. Then again, COPS is only on the air still because we as a society enjoy watching stupid people get what's coming. This show will fail, and be removed from the air soon enough..I'm only watching becuase I think it's a good comedy, and it makes me feel like a real life hero
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Forum Member

Watching that show was like driving by a MVC, you can't help but look/watch...although I did love "Jesus" driving down the road in the stolen rig with the L&S on yelling over the PA with the medics and cops in pursuit....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2nd episode

So what did everyone think of week 2 of saved?

It grew on me a little bit more this week and I did enjoy it. The characters are growing a little bit more into their roles. It seems a little bit less dramatized (for TNT at least) than last week, and more about the people. I think it will be an okay show, we'll see how long it last.

MembersZone Subscriber

They weren't very shy about calling out the "bad boys" of the EMS field....

NMR....now who could they be talking about?

Forum Member

Wow, this show is ridiculous. I have been watching it on and off today and really can't say that I am a fan at all. Who knows maybe there will be an episode that changes my mind but so far i think its pretty over the top and stupid...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mymedic26
    I don't know about you all, but docs don't come out to our rigs on breaks so we can have sex as our partner sits there and watches.
    Wow!! You mean that's never happened to you? I guess I was just lucky that way....back when I was single.

j/k of course.

It't TV. what do you expect?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information