Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEMVFD
    Any Baltimore, Cleveland or Cinncinati fans happy?
    Yeah. Any football fans out there happy that one of the most talented QB's in the league almost killed himself and may not be ready to start training camp?

Forum Member

As a season ticket holder for the Cincinnati Bengals I am not happy about what happened to Ben, but I don't feel bad for him because he would be fine if he would have worn a helmet. I want him to make a 100% recovery and be back for the Bengals vs Steelers game and then lose to the Bengals. I want to beat them when they are at their best, not the worst.

The rumors in Pittsburgh are that the car that hit him had Ohio plates and they are saying it was Carson Palmer out to get revenge.

I am not gonna lie, I have a deep hatered for the Steelers (mostly the fans, Joey Porter and Hines Ward). I get a little bit of enjoyment thinking of the fans and how they are crying that Ben might not start and they know how I felt during that playoff game and how they treated us.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jkuhn22
    As a season ticket holder for the Cincinnati Bengals I am not happy about what happened to Ben, but I don't feel bad for him because he would be fine if he would have worn a helmet. I want him to make a 100% recovery and be back for the Bengals vs Steelers game and then lose to the Bengals. I want to beat them when they are at their best, not the worst.

The rumors in Pittsburgh are that the car that hit him had Ohio plates and they are saying it was Carson Palmer out to get revenge.

I am not gonna lie, I have a deep hatered for the Steelers (mostly the fans, Joey Porter and Hines Ward). I get a little bit of enjoyment thinking of the fans and how they are crying that Ben might not start and they know how I felt during that playoff game and how they treated us.
    Yup. it's all about you, bud.

but I don't feel bad for him because he would be fine if he would have worn a helmet.

Just because you wear a helmet does not mean you are invisible either, someone who posted earlier said he was wearing a helmet and still had a crap load of injuries, yes they help but wont save you from everything. Also should the government prevent anyone from leaving their house because you never knon when you walk to your mailbox that some idiot will lose control of their car and the car will run you over...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY101TRUCK
    Just because you wear a helmet does not mean you are invisible either
    Neither a helmet nor anything else I wear riding makes me feel invisible. In fact, the more I wear the less invisible I feel....

I'm going to disagree with the posts that imply that seat belt and helmet laws help further erode the notion of personal responsibility. IMHO, they exist because personal responsibility is merely a quaint notion in our world today. Consider FFFred's skydiving example. I bet that every skydiving school has a waiver that says something to the effect of "I plan on jumping out of this perfectly good airplane on the assumption that a silk canopy will deploy and lower me gently to the earth. If however, that fails to occur and I become a human lawn dart then it is my own damn fault for jumping out of a working airplane in the first place." Every skydiver understands they're responsible - that's why the few I know pack their own chutes. If drivers and bikers could state for the record they understood the risks and would accept the consequences then I would say no problem, give life as a hood ornament a shot. Sadly, that's not what happens. They're all for freedom until it bites them in the *****, then they're looking at who has the deepest pockets. The wreck wasn't my fault, the car was defective, the doctor or EMT screwed up, since I can't work the government should now feed, house me, and raise my kids, and on and on and on. The only recourse is for someone to step in and say 'hey, since you're gonna want us to take care of you if something happens, you're going to have to reduce my risk exposure by wearing certain protective equipment.'

Insurance companies could probably accomplish much the same thing by having policies that charged much higher rates for non-seat belt users or unhelmeted riders but the moaning and crying would never end. Instead, they too rely on government to be the bad guy.

As an aside, several of the stories I've read about this incident have pointed out that many transplant doctors encourage their patients to get on registries in states without helmet laws because they have a greater chance of getting an organ. That sure speaks volumes.

And he didn't even have a license/endorsement to ride the moped!!! He had a learners permit that expired in March, I believe...........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Quote Originally Posted by jkuhn22

hey as a resident of a town near the great steel city, i would like to ask you why you hate Hines Ward? What has he done?

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firenresq77
    And he didn't even have a license/endorsement to ride the moped!!! He had a learners permit that expired in March, I believe...........
    Holy shyte! He was on a Suzuki Hayabusa, very possibly the fastest bike on the street. It capable of well over 200mph. That's a hell of a bike to "learn" on.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by res54cuecaptain
    hey as a resident of a town near the great steel city, I would like to ask you why you hate Hines Ward? What has he done?
    He really just rubs me the wrong way, probably the same reason a lot of people hate Chad Johnson. I also really lost respect for him after his comments about the playoff game. He started the Who-Dey chant and taunted the team and fans after the game and acted like the Bengals had no right to even play them. Just salt in a major wound after Carson's injury.

Why did you not ask why I don't like Joey Porter? Or is it just a little obvious. J/K

MembersZone Subscriber

He didn't have an endorsement to ride the motorcycle? My God! Impanel a Grand Jury and open a Congressional investigation!

How about we let the guy get better and then worry about piddly crap like that?

I believe he made a bad judgement call (both with the no helmet and no license) and he will learn from it. My wife works for Nike and has handled his account more than once. She says that he is a true gentleman each and everytime he's in the store. He's a good kid that simply got caught up in a bad situation.

(He's now listed in fair condition and eating soft foods. His jaw is not wired shut, although he has had many plates placed in his face.)
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

He has finally achieved his goal of getting more press coverage than Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Something that I find a little funny is that he had to miss the shooting of the Campbellís Chunky soup commercial the day after the accident. Since he has a broken jaw and is missing a few teeth would he not be the perfect candidate for future soup commercials?

i bet they already hav a plastic surgen ready.....he will probably come out of this looking better than he did comming in!
    if not, all the women in pittsburgh will wheep

Forum Member

" i just lost a bunch of brain cells, proved how dumb i am, broke my jaw, and possibly ruined my carrer, but Hey campbells chunky soup makes me feel all better"
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Thread Information