Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default I know this threads a tad older But

this January '07I was off with a foot surgury, and decided to build a list of FIRE service Pipe bands.... I began Piping in 1990 was an officer a sw ell as pipe sergeant in My states 1st pipe band during a time when I was one of maybe 400 fire service pipers there were not many groups out there and manythat were were combination police and fire bands ..anyway naturally the internet getting imfo out to people has grown The whole piping world, many things have affected fire service Piping,,, the biggest no doubt 9/11 was a driving force ... My list is roughly 90 fire bands nationally and 20 combination ( again like philly police and fire) 2 EMS bands IN major cities additionally Canada has also grown from StJohn NB FD P&D to working towards 6 bands nationally , at least 2 bands in Ireland, ( Cork FB and Dublin FB) as well as several more in the UK England and Scotland) and at least 3/4 have websites , the newist band on the list was posted last night right after the meeting held to form it ....I've another Band post interest request post in the off duty forum here, if interested email me for the link.. the forum isnt as busy as bob dunsires or this one, but 96 members so far and 800+ posts lots of usefull links .... Mail me if your interested

MembersZone Subscriber

we are in the process of forming the South Carolina FirefightersMemorial Pipes & Drums here in the PeeDee/Grand Strand area. Our website should be up and running shortly and we hope to be stepping off around St Paddys next year.
    Capt. Todd J. Matthews
    South Lynches Fire Dept.

"Loud Pipes Save Lives!!!"

Forum Member

We have now been up and running for a little over a year now. We play quite a few events each month. It seems to have really taken off and it is great. For anyone that would like to check us out they can do so at www.forourfallen.org

Exclamation Sorry about the triple thread post..lol

guess I was getting frustrated at Firehouse...lol

Wake And district was listed on the primary public safety band list on my sight , As for the SC band , It will be listed tonight ... I would post MY URL butdunno how well that would be accepted since it is a forum on the

worldwidewebdotphpbbserverdotc om/smokenpipes

I would invite anyone whos interested or a part of a FD pipe band or fire service pipers to stop in and say hey and check out the first public forum of its kind, we also invite newbies to the piping world as well.. so
    Last edited by SMOKEnPipes; 08-05-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Thread Information