Forum Member

Back to the beginning though, don't mix brands. Too many grants out there, be patient, get some money together, and buy a new set. If you like the Genesis, buy it, but don't fall into "you can mix them" hole.

Forum Member

Default Choosing a Cutter..

There are many options on the market for tools. I personally prefer Genesis. After much testing and evaluating my department chose Genesis. I agree you have to put the tools in your hand to test "apples for apples". NFPA numbers are a great tool to compare, due to third party testing (UL or TUV)publishing the performance results. The manufacture posts the "calculated" cutting force. The only way to test performance is to put the tools in your hand. Another thing I loved about genesis is they fed my department NO BULL about facts. The rep they sent out was very knowledgeable and eager to educate us on any questions we had. Never once did he bash any other brand tool. I've sat through a ton of demo's of multiple pieces of equipment and i must say I was impressed.

Forum Member

Default The B.E.A.S.T. is a "Beast"!

Ok, I finally got my hands on the Champion BEAST tool this past weekend and I must say that I am impressed. The thing cut through everything we put in its 11 inch mouth and didn't even grunt! Sheet metal, hinges, steering columns (not that I would ever want to cut one, but if I wanted to, the tool didn't care). The integrity of the blades was not damaged.. they looked just like they did when we started except for the usual scratches you expect.

Champion prides themselves for being compatible with any other brand and this tool is just as impressive when you convert it to a spreader. I am still a "Phoenix" guy since that is what I use most at my own department, but if I were in the market for buying a new tool or tools, the BEAST would be something I would want to serioiusly consider looking at. The company is making some changes and I understand that their upper management people will be at FDIC this year. If anyone is going to the conference, you might want to make it a point to stop by at that booth to see what they have to show you.
    Last edited by MetalMedic; 04-02-2007 at 06:11 PM.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Default Beast

Thank you metal medic...I'm sure your employer, Champion, will be happy you posted this thread for them....this is so funny.

Forum Member

"Thank you metal medic...I'm sure your employer, Champion, will be happy you posted this thread for them....this is so funny."

Hey Richard, congrats on the new job! Just kidding, I happen to have met Richard and he is not a salesman. If he was, he would probably be the first to admit that his department uses a competitors tool.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBatt1 View Post
    Thank you metal medic...I'm sure your employer, Champion, will be happy you posted this thread for them....this is so funny.
    My employer happens to be The Ohio State University, and I am sure they could care less about "Champion" (especially after the trouble they have had with getting one the past few months).

I still like using Phoenix Tools and my department has updated their Phoenix equipment recently, so if I worked for a competitor, I would be out of a job for sure. As for posting threads about anyone, I have also posted positive comments on this forum about Genesis, Amkus, Holmotro and even Hurst tools... I have never received a penny from any of them (but maybe I should ask???).

Before you laugh off a new concept, you need to give it a try and then come back and tell us what your opinion is of it.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Hey Richard, congrats on the new job! Just kidding, I happen to have met Richard and he is not a salesman. If he was, he would probably be the first to admit that his department uses a competitors tool. [/QUOTE]

If you have met me, then you know I would have a hard time selling camp stoves to Eskimos! Frankly, I am not a big fan of the sales business and have spent much of my professional life trying to cut through sales crap in order to see a product for what it really is.

Do I know you??? Send me an e-mail sometime!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMedic View Post

Before you laugh off a new concept, you need to give it a try and then come back and tell us what your opinion is of it.
    Whats the fun it that? As I've said before I feel the most important tool when it comes to rescue tool operations is the actual operator.

Forum Member

Medic,no wonder you have problems selling stuff.You're supposed to sell ICE not stoves to eskimos.Whaddi gotta do,teach you everything?Hehe T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMedic View Post
    Ok, I finally got my hands on the Champion BEAST tool this past weekend and I must say that I am impressed. The thing cut through everything we put in its 11 inch mouth and didn't even grunt! Sheet metal, hinges, steering columns (not that I would ever want to cut one, but if I wanted to, the tool didn't care). The integrity of the blades was not damaged.. they looked just like they did when we started except for the usual scratches you expect.

Champion prides themselves for being compatible with any other brand and this tool is just as impressive when you convert it to a spreader. I am still a "Phoenix" guy since that is what I use most at my own department, but if I were in the market for buying a new tool or tools, the BEAST would be something I would want to serioiusly consider looking at. The company is making some changes and I understand that their upper management people will be at FDIC this year. If anyone is going to the conference, you might want to make it a point to stop by at that booth to see what they have to show you.

Thanks for the kind words Metal...sorry you got some backlash from your posting. If anyone ever wants to confirm if someone works for Champion or not, feel free to contact me. I had posted on these message boards before that as a company, we will not knowingly post sales oriented information or propaganda about our company. I have instructed all of our dealers and reps to refrain from this type of activity.

These forums provide an important information sharing function, and do not need to be clouded by self-promotion of those with a commerical interest in this industry.

We appreciate all feedback, good or bad - as it makes our products better.

I will be at the FDIC show from the 19th - 21st if anyone wants to come by and say "Hi" and offer feedback directly. I would enjoy meeting all of you.

Thank you,
    Alan Discount
    President
    Champion Rescue Tools

genesis cutters would be the best choice to work with your amkus, Highest cutting strength on the market and if you would happen to break a blade cutting a hinge genesis will replace the blades.

Forum Member

Check out the ResQtec G6 cutter, it has the highest cutting force on the market, and will work with 10,500 systems.

www.resqtec.com

No I am not a salesman, just someone who has tested these tools in a head to head evaluation, and found them to be the best that we tested.

Thread Information