Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kbr Vs Wsi??

Forum Member

Question Kbr Vs Wsi??

I am trying to find any kind of payscale for KBR but can't find it anywhere or if anyone can confirm the pay over there I would appreciate it. I heard from a friend who spent a year in Kuwait w/ KBR that the living conditions were pretty good and her lowest monthly pay was 9 grand. She was usually making about 11 grand a month. Anyone have any tips on KBR or is WSI the better deal? All opinions appreciated. I searched the contract post for a while but I have a slow connection....sorry to have anyone repeat themselves. I appreciate it.

Brian

Forum Member

Default Kbr/wsi

First off, KBR is not in Kuwait. They have departments in the green zone in Baghdad, and Afganistan. This company, www.csakuwait.com, is the only fire service provider in Kuwait. Check out their site for more info.

Forum Member

EDITED TO SHUT UP THE WHINEY COMPANY MEN
    Last edited by firezapper; 07-11-2006 at 12:49 AM.

Forum Member

CSA provides fire protection services for most locations in Kuwait. KBR is located at one camp and the sea port.

Forum Member

Default Unhappy Camper

Looks like some one is not very happy.

Forum Member

Happy now, losers? {{{{Insert diabolicall laughter here}}}}
    Last edited by firezapper; 07-11-2006 at 12:51 AM.

That last post brings me to this question. Are they guys out there willing to teach the newer firefighters a things or two about their job? I mean I'm about done with my 4 yrs in the Air Force as a firefighter. I managed to get some good cert's because I wanted to get as many as possible before I leave. In my eyes im missing experience. Thatís the most important thing because experience comps certís on the fireground.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Forum Member

Last edited by firezapper; 07-11-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Forum Member

Zap

Do you have any problems with fire prevention??????

GS-0081 Fire Prevention Inspector 1994-2004

FirePiper

Default FireZAPPED

Zapper,
    Seems like you're a little bitter about something. You also do an awful lot of talking about experience. How about sharing some of your background. I have been in the fire service long enough to know that when experience speaks, I listen. Typically, those who've been around the block (worn out the knees on a couple of pairs of bunker pants), go quitely about their business and help those who ask for it...seems to me that the ones making all the noise like to hear themselves talk and should spend a little more time listening.
    So, you're allegedly here in Iraq...what do you bring to the table (besides a bad attitude)?
    FirePiper

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Well Said

Quote Originally Posted by Firepipercfd
    Zapper,
    Typically, those who've been around the block (worn out the knees on a couple of pairs of bunker pants), go quitely about their business and help those who ask for it...seems to me that the ones making all the noise like to hear themselves talk and should spend a little more time listening.
    FirePiper

Very true. Couldn't have said it any better.

Forum Member

Default Gruntman

I have nothing against fire prevention. I have plenty against someone with VERY LITTLE other than fire prevention under his belt being put in a LINE officer position.

Said lieutenant has managed to prove it's not a good idea.

As for you other two, just because I'm not parading my experience out here for you to see doesn't mean I don't have it. No bitterness either. I don't have any desire to be an officer here or get any certs.

My point in all this is that the company doesn't give a damn about anything BUT pieces of paper. Pay attention before you open your keyboard, idiots.

Funny how this is supposed to be a free forum but damned if the company men don't come out in force to trounce those who dare to point out that the witch has warts.
    Last edited by firezapper; 07-11-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Forum Member

Default Whiney Zapper

Quote Originally Posted by firezapper
    I have nothing against fire prevention. I have plenty against someone with VERY LITTLE other than fire prevention under his belt being put in a LINE officer position.

Said lieutenant has managed to prove it's not a good idea.

As for you other two, just because I'm not parading my experience out here for you to see doesn't mean I don't have it. No bitterness either. I don't have any desire to be an officer here or get any certs.

My point in all this is that the company doesn't give a damn about anything BUT pieces of paper. Pay attention before you open your keyboard, idiots.

Funny how this is supposed to be a free forum but damned if the company men don't come out in force to trounce those who dare to point out that the witch has warts.

Well now Zapper, you have gotten on the web and blasted everyone and everything...
    Haven't heard a word yet about how you, as a professional firefighter are going to do anything to help correct your perceived issues.

Let's start with your new LT. Instead of telling the world about how unfair it is and how terrible the guy is, why not take some of this incredible knowledge you possess...and work with him so that he can improve and meet your lofty expectations. That is what a true professional would do. We have all, at one time or another, had young LT's who needed help from the line to improve and I have seen a few of them actually become great LT's.
    You will probably say that it's not your job to train LT's. Wrong, it is everyone's responsibilty to pass along to each other the knowledge we have gained in this work. That includes LT's.

As for your comments on training and certs. Someone said you should persue leadership 1 academy training.
    Your response was to call him a company man and a sell out.

YOU are the sellout. You want the world to revolve around how you think it should be done, but aren't willing to take on the responsibilities of an Officer or even attempt to get the training. Again, a TRUE professional sees a problem and goes about trying to fix it by teaching , learning, listening and offering constructive advice to resolve the issues. If you don't like the way things are, shut up and get to work on fixing it by changing your status within your department.
    As for the company man mantra that you will no doubt throw back at me... the company has kept its end of the bargain. I have been here almost two years and have received every paycheck. I have paid off all of my bills, received a couple of certs that I can use for the rest of my career.

What you call a company man, I call a guy who is loyal to the company that helps him meet his finacial goals and keep a roof over his families head. Loyalty is a two way street, you seem to live on a "one way" street. I don't think many will waste any tears on you.

You also said something about losing money while traveling and attending classes. Ask the other contractors if they can get classes while at work and to what level they can get certed. They will tell you if they get any at all, they do it on their own time and own dime. If you travel and attend training here, YOU ARE GETTING PAID TO DO IT!!! Get over it.

Forum Member

Default Facts

Ever heard of sarcasm, *****wipe?

Signed, the professional sh#t-stirrer.

Kindly note I didn't call you a company man either. Long-winded sumbi#ch, but not a company man.

Forum Member

Cool

Me? Negative? Never!

Damn it, I was really in the mood for a doughnut!

Tikcuf9905, where you been man? I just started posting the other day, but I read this crap all the time. Enjoyed your input.

Forum Member

Default Priceless

CNN showing the worse news so my family can worry about my safety when I'm safer here then in the local bar...

cost: spending my phone minutes assuring family i'm safe

Movies recorded by HaJi with audience standing in front of the screen and
    coughing during the tourning point....

cost: $5 and a grainy picture

Reading FireH forum drama of good vs. evil on my KBR internet

Priceless

Ever notice KBR FFers are never on here posting ANYTHING AT ALL? Am I wrong about that? If so correct me please. I'm open to all

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Tikcuf9905
    What the he## does KBR pay its firefighters anyway?
    from one of the cats i came into country with a couple months back, he had just crossed from the really dark side over here to the slightly less darkside it was around $96k a year. which, with just 6-16's we're making that, and if you get 7-16's its closer to $104k for us here on the becoming beyond micro managed side.

MembersZone Subscriber

Last edited by rscamaro73; 07-30-2006 at 08:12 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default the cure

Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro73
    Ain't that the truth brother.
    All the stuff that I tried to put out of my head when I first came over - well, I've lived it. Sucks to say the least.

There's no cure for poor leadership. If anyone knows what the cure is, please let ME know.....
    I hear nukes are pretty effective, great blast range as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by galebagram2u
    I hear nukes are pretty effective, great blast range as well.
    i'm going with satellites and Tomahawk cruise missles, great effect and no fallout, now UN approved!

Thread Information