Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question Hiring Process Question

I have just completed my written exam for fire prevention inspector 1 and am scheduled for an interview next week.

I am wondering on what the hiring process consists of. If I do well on my interview, what might the next step be and each step after that.

Any tips on ways to prepare myself. I already written out responses to possible questions and have been practicing out loud.

Thank you in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelM04
    I have just completed my written exam for fire prevention inspector 1 and am scheduled for an interview next week.

I am wondering on what the hiring process consists of. If I do well on my interview, what might the next step be and each step after that.

Any tips on ways to prepare myself. I already written out responses to possible questions and have been practicing out loud.
    The hiring process could consist of a background, psych, medical, and poly. It should be listed on the job announcement or online the agencies web site.

Practice you responses with a tape recorder to really hear what the panel will hear. You will probably be asked some prevention questions. Know what code the department is using. If you can talk to any current inspectors that could give you some insight.

You can find more possible questions here: http://www.eatstress.com/thirty.htm
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Not bashing ya here, but why haven't you asked the people that would know? I have seen threads similar to yours many times over here and on other sites. I do not understand how someone can be in the process and not know what the next step may be...but not knowing, they decide to ask random peoplpe on the internet rather than call the people that would know.

Very weird to me and it shows a lack of intiative and responsibility.

I have never entered a competitive job process and not known what the steps or next step would be. I always ask immediately. They are there to provide you with information. This isn't top secret information or a game to keep you in the dark.

Sorry, your thread just struck a nerve with me cause I see so many young canidates asking the same thing and it irritates me. No one does their own footwork anymore or picks up the phone.

Default resources

If I was taking an exam...I would use any and all that is available to study for a test,interview or job search. There are a lot of people who have gone through what I'm trying to do . Their thinking process on such matters would be highly beneficial. In today's world you take what can use and USE IT!!
    I only wish they had this form of communication when I was taking my exam.

Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley, Retired Fire

MembersZone Subscriber

He already took the exam. He is asking what the hiring process is. That all depends on the department you apply to. You should know everything you can about the prospective department you wish to work for.

I encourage usuing this forum and the net in general as a resource, however some things just need to be handled personally and not by asking random people on the internet.

AK- I understand where youre coming form here. Please let me address your questions.

I know Capt. Bob. Please understand he sees the same questions asked several times almost every week. So I can understand why he might paste a generic answer to this prevention question. Can you imagine personally answering every question asked every week? You would never leave the keyboard. And most testing processes are pretty close to being the same but just plain vary.

The person here should just call the HR dept. and ask some simple question or better yet...the most common answer- Read the job flyer over very carefully.

Hope this helps.

MembersZone Subscriber

The department I am applying to has this hireing process.

1. Written
    2. Oral
    3. Background Interview
    4. Poly
    5. Chief's Oral
    6. Psych
    7. Medical

Hope this helps.

P.S. Keep asking questions even if sometimes you don't get a positive response. I have found this board to be very helpful.

Shook

Thread Information