Thread: Cedap Iii

Forum Member

Default Cedap Iii

They say that the new CEDAP III will open in July 1, 2006. My question, is there a guidance to look at. and where do I look to found out what equipment I can write for?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

http://www1.rkb.mipt.org/ is the CEDAP web site, anything they put out will be posted there. If you follow the links for Phase II after logging in you can see the list of equipment from last phase, it probably won't change too entirely much. For FDs it was:

Collapse Rescue Search Camera
    TIC
    Amkus Gas or Electric HRT kits
    Interoperability gateway switch
    Max 6 hazmat PPE ensembles
    Hazmat & Chemical Agent Detectors
    Some software

That's about the gist of it.

- Brian

Forum Member

so not like Fire gear, Swift water gear or anything like that

MembersZone Subscriber

As i read the RFP for vendors for III it sounded like it was going to focus on the tech stuff--software/hardware/communication. But that's the first RFP i've read so i have no frame of reference. I've got to believe that thermal imaging and night vision will stilll play a big role. Extrication equipment--Who knows??
    earl

FH Mag/.com Contributor

41108 - no, none of that stuff. PPE is really only eligible in AFG Main, Forestry, Fireman's Fund, and a few other programs. Swiftwater is eligible in AFG but unless you're an urban department tech rescue equipment and training is not a priority, and even then it's not that high compared to other projects.

- Brian
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Forum Member

Default Cedap 2006

The current target start date for the 2006 application period is August 1. The evaluation team met this week and identified 17 product choices. However, we cannot release the names until after the vendors have been contacted. I do know that the CEDAP PPE Kit will still be a choice. Beyond that, just keep an eye on the RKB ( www.rkb.mipt.org ) and we will keep you posted on both the equipment choices and start date.

Best of luck to all of you in the next phase.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RKBManager
    The current target start date for the 2006 application period is August 1. The evaluation team met this week and identified 17 product choices. However, we cannot release the names until after the vendors have been contacted. I do know that the CEDAP PPE Kit will still be a choice. Beyond that, just keep an eye on the RKB ( www.rkb.mipt.org ) and we will keep you posted on both the equipment choices and start date.

Best of luck to all of you in the next phase.
    You have really done an amazing job with this grant, since this is the end of the first cycle. I applaud your effort to release reliable, accurate info and appreciate the lengths you have gone to keep everyone up to date! This has become a valuable tool for many PDs, FDs, Emergency Management offices and other organizations. Again, thank you for all the hard work and effort you and everyone has put into this grant!
    Alana Tomlin Denton
    Freelance Grant Writer/Consultant

MembersZone Subscriber

I will second that motion from DixiechickNC. Amazing job RKBmanager!Keep it up and maybe those in Washington will take notice of how much easier it is to keep people informed, rather than treat them like mushrooms in other grant programs. A little information can go a long way out here, especially in cutting down on their requests for infromation on their help lines.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default AMEN BROTHERS & SISTERS

Kurt.... Glad to see ya back on the boards...every good team needs it's big man. Hope all is well with your family situation as well.

This cedap program is a godsend for many of us and I would like to add that as the program grows; I hope the application process will stay as user friendly as it is now.

In talking with many of the towns just over the border(wi) they are all intimadated by the AFG grant process. I have tried to encourage them to apply however they are put off by it.
    When I showed them the CEDAP app they all had one of those V-8 moments and are now anxiously awaiting the next application period.

to RKB keep up the great work and I for one will be singing you great praise when Dr. Carter comes to visit me in July....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Application

Would somebody please send me a copy of the CEDAP II application? I am new to this grant, and this will give me a better understanding of the CEDAP program. Send to danwill@jamadots.com Thank you!

Forum Member

I am not sure you can get a copy....just sign up with Responder Knowledge Base...the link is at top of this page; and the whole cedap program is run through there.

It was very easy to complete; just a series of questions and areas to complete small narrative type stuff.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

These are the pertinent questions, everything else is basically statistics. I make templates out of these things to send to clients, makes it easier on everyone.

16. Please describe the formal and informal sharing arrangements/agreements or levels of coordination your agency or department has established with the State or other jurisdictions in the event of a critical incident. (If you get this equipment, how will it benefit not only your agency, but also the State and surrounding jurisdictions?)

17. Please describe how your agency's or department's homeland security plan is consistent with your State's or nearest urban area's strategic planning guidance.

18. Please describe what your agency or department is doing (or has done) to become National Incident Management System (NIMS) compliant.

19. Has your agency or department participated in a homeland security needs and
    capabilities assessment (?) at any time since September 2001?

20. Has your agency or department completed a structured risk assessment within the past 12 months?

21. Please describe how the selected CEDAP equipment will be used in a terrorism-related critical incident management mission.

22. Please describe how the selected CEDAP equipment will be used in normal agency or department operations.

Subject to change of course, but this is the basic gist of things. We'll find out shortly since they'll be putting everything out there for us within the next week. As you can see of course, very Homeland Security oriented, so put on that cap before you start working on the answers.

- Brian

MembersZone Subscriber

I would *** to that the need ot conatct your State Homeland Security directors office and your local county EMA to find out what assessments and needs were identified and when these assessments were done. As you can see you will need to be specific about several of the questions.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Default equipment

Where can I find the list of equipment that they offered in the 2nd app. I dont think it will change.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

It's in post #2, I pulled it from RKB. That's all FDs were eligible for, the rest was for LE.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fire41108
    Where can I find the list of equipment that they offered in the 2nd app. I dont think it will change.
    Log in to the RKB website, look under CEDAP and then look at left side of the page under " knowledge links 34 items found". That list will be pared down to what I believe willbe 17 items form the 34. We will get a new list shortly.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

10-4 thanks for all the help

Forum Member

Exclamation To All CEDAP Phase II Awardees

The CEDAP Program Office has become aware of awardees that are attempting to trade/sell the equipment they will be receiving in order to obtain other equipment items. I realize that sometimes people change their minds after they apply, but this kind of action is not only inconsistent with the spirit of the program, but seriously undermines the future of CEDAP.

When you completed your application, you justified your need for a specific equipment item. Your justification was good enough that at least one other department who requested that item did not get theirs because it went to you. As a matter of honor and courtesy to your fellow responders, if you can't use the equipment, send it back and let us award it to someone who can.

We've done our best to get badly needed equipment into the hands of small departments across the country. Please help us by adhering to the spirit of the program.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RKBManager
    The CEDAP Program Office has become aware of awardees that are attempting to trade/sell the equipment they will be receiving in order to obtain other equipment items. I realize that sometimes people change their minds after they apply, but this kind of action is not only inconsistent with the spirit of the program, but seriously undermines the future of CEDAP.

When you completed your application, you justified your need for a specific equipment item. Your justification was good enough that at least one other department who requested that item did not get theirs because it went to you. As a matter of honor and courtesy to your fellow responders, if you can't use the equipment, send it back and let us award it to someone who can.

We've done our best to get badly needed equipment into the hands of small departments across the country. Please help us by adhering to the spirit of the program.

Oh lord, here we go again. There are always a few bad apples in the barrel which spoil it for everyone. My law enforcment background says that anyone caught doing that would be inviting a visit from the "men with shiny bracelets"
    as it could be construed as fraud in a Federal program. This is just sickening news. Guys are you nuts, don't succumb to this tactic. I can just see the future warnings being posted in the rules of this program. Further delays, further congressional investigations, further news media scrutiny! The list is endless!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

I know myself and my guys would have gladly taken what we put in for, but as luck would have it we were turned down. It's a shame to see that kind of thing, especially when year in, year out firefighters rank #1 as the most trusted profession.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

RKB - 1 is more than should be happening, but are we talking a handful or more than 20 departments trying to pull this crap?

To paraphrase the gentleman from FL: this is freaking ridiculous. If you submitting an application for an item and won, obviously you need the item. Either that or you lied on your application, and in either case, I say bring in the suits and sunglasses to handle bizness. Everyone I work with knows that I'll be the first person to drop a dime if they try to pull something, and I don't care if anyone ever wants to work with me again. It's not about the money. The integrity of the system as well as my own is worth more than anyone on this earth has. Cut the crap before we lose all sorts of funding programs.

MembersZone Subscriber

That is just craziness. I'm with Brian, one is too many.

Best wishes to the RKB folks in getting to a quick and clean exorcism of any entity involved in this situation.

Kurt-i think LE uses more zip-ties than shiny bracelets now. Tazer might be fun and effective though.

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Again it seems that a small amount of bozo's are trying to screw it up for everyone. These folks need to go to the dictionary and look up the definition of INTEGRITY. If you don't have it, you have nothing.

Forum Member

WHat in the Wide Wide World of sports is goin on here!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not freakin believe that people are STUPID enough to try and pull this crap with a program that is brand new.

I say if RKB has a name......send the dudes with the bad suits and shinny bracelets

MembersZone Subscriber

Let me chime in here, too...this is a federal program, as others have said. If one would offend in this area, then in others, as well. It's not like, oops, we missed a line on our taxes...this is blatent. As stated by RKB Manager that winning kept others from winning, that's the way it is in a competitive grant. So, once they know who it is, they should be penalized in some form or fashion, since the intent was to defraud the government. By willfully doing something unethical or dishonest, the intent was to profit/succeed in 'pulling one over' on the government. They submitted an application which was less than honest , and this means it kept someone who was honest from being awarded.

In my opinion, that is unforgiveable. As I stated above, not just an oopsy, accident here, but a blatently willful act of attempting to cheat in order to gain equipment.

I am with Brian, if it had been someone I was working with...not hesitating to drop the dime, and hoping they get the max. punishable by law.

If we don't keep these grants clean as possible then we won't have to worry about it any longer. The government will take them all away, seeing as how a few will have dictated to them that the entire service perhaps didn't need them to begin with. (That will be their take, however falsely).

To those of you going the extra mile to police yourselves - Bravo! You deserve every grant for all the hours you put in, and for being honest...for those dishonest among you, who are always looking for a shortcut - take a good long look at yourselves - you, like the rest of us, probably won't like what you see.
    Alana Tomlin Denton
    Freelance Grant Writer/Consultant

Thread Information