Forum Member

Default just wanted to say hi, this is my story

Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm new to this whole internet forum thing, my name is kristina, never really been a "firefighter" pursay, however I had joined my local fire dept back in 2000 wanted to help out, but couldn't stay, got sick and all and with my knee not in the greatest shape my captain advised me it was best to leave on good terms, they had 3 companies in one, I was on an engine company and I liked the whole aspect of firefighting and helping other people since I had been around the fire dept for so long before that when I was engaged to one for 4 yrs.
    But I also wanted to share a story, b/c it's also the reason I kept trying to get involved, when I was around 4 yrs old, the kid downstairs from us decided to light the curtain on fire, and for whatever reason he left the room and never bothered to tell his parents, so it soon became a fully involved house fire, me my mom and my younger sister were upstairs and the family just left without telling us the house was on fire, so I don't remember it, or maybe I just blocked it out, but my mom said it was going pretty good and the fire dept came smashed in our door downstairs and grabbed me and pulled us out, if it wasn't for the fire dept I wouldn't be alive today so in spite of being afraid all my life of fires and heights I've started to try and face my fears and I've even spoken with my new fire dept about becoming an associate member for now, just wish I could find the newspaper article on it from back in 1984, don't know how to find it,
    but anyway to all the firefighters out there what you do does make a difference in people's lives, so I know it's a pain to get out of bed in the middle of the night or stop your lives, but if my fire dept didn't I wouldn't be here telling you this story, hope you're all having a great day.
    Kristina

Forum Member

Talking Welcome

Kristina

What a great story. Glad you made it through it. Saving lives is the greatest feeling a firefighter can have. I hope one day to save someones life in a fire like the firefighter did for you. If you still have the drive to be a firefighter you should persue it full force!!! Hope to hear from you soon. Welcome to the board!!!

Derek

Forum Member

Smile hey thanks

hey thanks derek, I've actually decided to try and join as an associate member for now, trying b/c I'm going back to school in aug for my bachelors in nursing and don't have the time to devote fully to it, but would still like to help out, so eventually depending on how my knee holds up maybe I'll even drive someday I've always wanted to do that, thanks again.
    Kristina

Forum Member

Default Good Luck

Krisitna

Well good luck on the schooling. Nursing school is tough to get through from what I heard. You should do some strenghting exercises for you knees, that might help make them stronger. Good luck with everything!!

Derek

firerunner7@yahoo.com

Thread Information