Forum Member

Default Curacao? Has anyone been there?

I am going to Curacao later this year for 4 months. Has anyone been there? What have they got for equipment? How are they operating? Manpower on duty? My unit went there around 98' or 99' but I know it has changed since then.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nymilfire
    I am going to Curacao later this year for 4 months. Has anyone been there? What have they got for equipment? How are they operating? Manpower on duty? My unit went there around 98' or 99' but I know it has changed since then.
    I have not been there, but the rotation when i got back from the desert went, they loved it... no calls... just went and hung out at the station, had a maid clean the station, lived in a nice hotel, went drinking, to the beach,,, scuba.. there family was even allowed to stay in the hotel with them for a certian amount of time... sounded like one hell of a vacation at the perdiem was like 97 Dollars a DAY!!... this was 5 months ago..

Forum Member

I was hired as Fire Chief in Curacao by DynCorp. Company was taking over a contract. In the first 30 days, we lost over half of everyone there. I found that they didn't need my position as aircraft had been moved to Afghani..I'm at 910-455-1938 daytime or 910 382 6960 for more input..JV

Thread Information