Forum Member

Default ? for RKBManager

The website says that a new round is scheduled to start Aug 1 (give or take), are the guidelines ,app, and equip going to be the same as the the last phase (so we can start early) or will things change?

MembersZone Subscriber

Not wanting to speak for RKBmanager but, this was covered in previous posts under CEDAP. in this forum The program will essentially be the same with a similar appliciation process etc.. The list of available equipment is going to be pared down to what I believe is only 17-19 items. They recently met in Orlando last week, ( correct me if I am wrong RKBmanager) to decide what would be on that list. We shoudl be hearing new information at any time about the next phase.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default Update

Thanks, Kurt. Can't say much regarding the awards, because the Program Office is still working through the notification process. Any mis-step here could result in a protest from one of the vendors, which could delay things for everyone! We're still working toward an August 1 start date, although I can't rule out a little slippage because the vendor notification process has to get completely finished before we can begin final preparation on RKB.

The application has evolved a little - we've tried to implement some lessons learned to make it easier to apply. The basic questions are very similar, but there will be a more extensive set of supplemental questions for anyone requesting communications equipment or software.

I can tell you that there will be changes in the equipment list for this phase, as we did a new competition from scratch. The plan is to announce the equipment choices in advance of the start of the application period, and to give the maximum advance notice we can. PLEASE tell everyone to make sure they are registered on RKB and have checked the box to opt-in for critical news emails.
    Last edited by RKBManager; 07-07-2006 at 02:12 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RKBManager
    Thanks, Kurt. Can't say much regarding the awards, because the Program Office is still working through the notification process. Any mis-step here could result in a protest from one of the vendors, which could delay things for everyone! We're still working toward an August 1 start date, although I can't rule out a little slippage because the vendor notification process has to get completely finished before we can begin final preparation on RKB.

The application has evolved a little - we've tried to implement some lessons learned to make it easier to apply. The basic questions are very similar, but there will be a more extensive set of supplemental questions for anyone requesting communications equipment or software.

I can tell you that there will be changes in the equipment list for this phase, as we did a new competition from scratch. The plan is to announce the equipment choices in advance of the start of the application period, and to give the maximum advance notice we can. PLEASE tell everyone to make sure they are registered on RKB and have checked the box to opt-in for critical news emails.

Everyone needs to pay very close attention to the last sentence of RKBs repsonse here. Getting on that list serv for the critical information updates is very important: how do you think I stay so up to the minute with this program myself?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Question Equipment Delivery

RKB Manager, Has there been anyone recieve there AMKUS gas powered tools yet? If so how are they doing the training? Is it by award #, State or ?? Where does Indiana rank on the list, if you know that?
    Thanks

Forum Member

We were awarded Gas Powered Amkus and I check the mail / email / bug our Department Sec. every day for the magic letter....northing yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFD2181
    We were awarded Gas Powered Amkus and I check the mail / email / bug our Department Sec. every day for the magic letter....northing yet
    Same here I told my Chief not to ask me again for six months, so I am okay

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I told my Chief not to ask me again for six months, so I am okay
    And he listened? Do you offer classes?

Forum Member

I haven't been on the rbk web site alot but maybe somebody can help me. What kind of grant is it, matching, 10% pay. Does the grant go for small communties, paid. Just an overall would help. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cserini
    I haven't been on the rbk web site alot but maybe somebody can help me. What kind of grant is it, matching, 10% pay. Does the grant go for small communties, paid. Just an overall would help. Thanks

CSerini, CEDAP stands for the Commercial Equipment Direct Assistance Program and as such means that there is no money changes hands.If you win an award, the equipment and training on the equipment is provided at no charge to the agency. It is generally considered a grant that smaller agencies can recieve, as the progam was designed specifically for those agencies that have been unable to access the Homeland Security money or equipment in the past. You can find more information about it at this link

http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/le_cedap.asp

If you have question after reading here just give me a call.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 07-24-2006 at 07:06 AM.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone recieved any information about when they will start delivering the equipment? Its been more than 30 days and no information has arrived in our mailbox.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by k3twpfire
    Has anyone recieved any information about when they will start delivering the equipment? Its been more than 30 days and no information has arrived in our mailbox.

Thanks

What did you get k3twpfire? I'll see what my little birdies have to say about that.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt, k3twp got the Amkus rescue tools, which i think are to be delivered with the on-site training. Seems to me that i read somewhere that the delivery dates would be sprinkled over several months, but the memory is fuzzy. Almost everything else is set to be shipped after the off-site trainings. I'm in Orlando on 8-14 for a training on a TIC, thanks to CEDAP, RKB, DOD, and MOM (yep, she made it possible!!).

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, my press agent Earl ( ) is correct, Amkus tools.

I originally posted information that I received that the Amkus tools would be shipping 55 a month (this was before the extra awards) starting in July. Have not heard a thing.

Forum Member

Default Delivery of AMKUS Tools

About 2-3 wks ago i got a call from our local Indiana AMKUS dealer, he told me that he would call me as soon as our tools hit his dock....still waiting for him to call and say they have arrived.........waiting....still wating.
    Last edited by firegod101; 07-26-2006 at 01:25 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by k3twpfire
    Yes, my press agent Earl ( ) is correct, Amkus tools.

I originally posted information that I received that the Amkus tools would be shipping 55 a month (this was before the extra awards) starting in July. Have not heard a thing.
    I've been busy at work--as i typed that i was thinking it might have been k3twp that posted it originally!!

firegod--where in IN are you??

earl

Thread Information