Thread: Driving Record

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face Driving Record

Hi, I will be completing going thru the background check stages for a large department in California. My background is immaculate except I have 3 traffic tickets on my driving record and 3 other instances where my tickets have been excused by traffic school. Is this going to be a huge blackeye to my background?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gstarr6
    Hi, I will be completing going thru the background check stages for a large department in California. My background is immaculate except I have 3 traffic tickets on my driving record and 3 other instances where my tickets have been excused by traffic school. Is this going to be a huge blackeye to my background?
    That is REALLY tough to say, if I am reading it right, your post says that you have 3 tickets that have resulted in a guilty/nolo plea and 3 prior that were DM'd due to traffic school completion. If you're talking about within the last 3 to 5 years, this will be a real issue that may be the flag that knocks you down. If you have established pattern of driving for the last 3 years without a ticket, your odds are very good.

So, need more information here in order to give you a good idea what to expect.

Mind you, the "Law Enforcement Request For Information" form that the FD had you fill out is not your standard "insurance" type printout, but a record of your driving habits, suspensions/revocations for the last 10 YEARS. (Limited to 10 years due to established statute of limitations as set forth by the legislature. (Not that this will mean much to you right now, but in the future it will)

I ask you this:

1. How many tickets have you had in the last 5 years?
    2. Of those, how many did you plea guilty/nolo to?
    3. How many were tossed pursuant to traffic school?

Thread Information