Thread: Future Weapons

Forum Member

Default Future Weapons

I was hanging out at the firehouse today watching the Mets destroy the Yankees , and i decided to flip through the channels and came across Discovery Channel's new progam Future Weapons. It talks about and demonstrates weapons that are to come out soon or are already existent, but not to many people know about...I think it's a great show, but it's kinda scary to find out what kinds of weapons really exist, but all in all a great show

Forum Member

Cool

All the fancy weapons and yet we still have the criminals, terrorists, gangbangers and guerilla fighters. Any phasers or distentigrators?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lvwrench
    All the fancy weapons and yet we still have the criminals, terrorists, gangbangers and guerilla fighters. Any phasers or distentigrators?
    They are just more effective today because they have gotten thier hands on some of those fancy weapons too.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

You would think that lessons would have been learned through the past wars of the last 50 years.... Vietnam, Afganistan vs Russians, modern day Iraq, Serbia... technology only gets so far. All the futuristic weapons, like the OICW... is that it... only gets so far.

Forum Member

Yeah, I've been watching that show. Has a lot of cool things. Only problem is, the more advanced everything is getting, the more expensive it is.

Now they have computerized bullets, that explode after a preset distance (so if someone is behind a window, you laser that window, figure out the distance, and have the bullet blow up right past that and get the guy behind.

All these weapons are pretty sweet, some are used, but either way... expensive.

IACOJ BOD

Was it not H. G. Wells that wrote a short story about the army that got beaten because the soldiers couldn"t figure out how to work their complex weapons, while the rabble that beat them were farmers armed with farm tools?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi
    Was it not H. G. Wells that wrote a short story about the army that got beaten because the soldiers couldn"t figure out how to work their complex weapons, while the rabble that beat them were farmers armed with farm tools?
    Well thats the thing about the new weapons. They make sure they are easy to use. The javalin missle. Point, lock, shoot. Nearly 100% accuacy. Gets a heat signature.

Those timed bullets. Point. Dial up the range. Shoot.

Cornering guns, Unlock, turn, lock. Aim fire.

See the show, they make these weapons easy to use now, not like in the past.

IACOJ BOD

Pitch Fork.

Pull out of dung pile

Use once on victim

Pull out of current dung pile

Use on next victim.

Wheres that dang safety catch?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

And ya know, for all the hi-tech gear out there, it still takes at least one solider on the ground to hold a piece of real estate. The air force and the navy can blow and bomb the lleh out of a place, but untill the lowly grunt moves in and plants "His Flag", it still belongs to the "Other Guy".
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    And ya know, for all the hi-tech gear out there, it still takes at least one solider on the ground to hold a piece of real estate. The air force and the navy can blow and bomb the lleh out of a place, but untill the lowly grunt moves in and plants "His Flag", it still belongs to the "Other Guy".
    Amen. I guess the U.S. is starting to figure that out. We're supossedly going to have more with the "new" organization but we'll see.
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Good Show. Good Book.

I enjoy that show. Especially the gun that shoots around corners. Perfect.

I read the new novel "Shooter" by G.Sgt. Jack Coughlin USMC. It's a great read for you military buffs out there. I couldn't put it down.
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

"Darn those pesky flaming mice."

Thread Information