Thread: Profile Updates

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Profile Updates

You know I have checked quite a few of my clients and many of you are apparently not checking your online applications often enough. Many, many of you have messages to update your profiles and this has not been done.

Folks, if you fail to answer their messages and update your profiles in a timely manner etc., you may not recieve the long awaited 10 questions and or 1199A emails that will start flowing soon. This can delay a much anitcipated and needed grant award and is something you should not ignore! Get with it and keep your applicatons current and up to date!
    Last edited by ktb9780; 07-03-2006 at 05:57 AM.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    You know I have checked quite a few of my clients and many of you are apparently not checking your online applications often enough.
    How many times an hour is "often enough"??

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2
    How many times an hour is "often enough"??

earl
    Well Earl I was not talking about those of you out there who have OCB!( Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour)
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Well Earl I was not talking about those of you out there who have OCB!( Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour)
    I believe that condition is what I have as well! Now I know what it is called! Thanks Kurt!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

MembersZone Subscriber

To me, OCB is Old Country Buffet a restaurant just up the road from the firehouse !

MembersZone Subscriber

Since I check the website on a regular basis, I probably fall under Kurt's OCB classification, but I prefer to OCB (open a can of beer).

Forum Member

Default Is a request to update profile a sign ?

Kurt,
    I was involved in writing a regional application for this years AFG. This was the first time that the sponsoring agency has ever applied. ( So this is AFG's first time to recieve the sponsors profile April 06.) In early July we had a request for a profile update. Is this a good sign for the application?
    Also, today I had a profile update request for my home department ( we have applied every year.) Any thoughts?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Not a sign of anything. The Profile updates are automatically generated by the database on a semi-annual basis. They only vary in time reported because some people don't login for months at a time. Plus if you login and don't update that time it will continue to ask every time until you do. It's a method to ensure that if the contact information changes because people leave, quit, don't want to deal with it, etc, etc, that DHS has the proper information. In some cases the person that wrote and entered the grant app had a bitter split with the department and when DHS emailed the 10Q's they said the department didn't want the money anymore. Hence the reason they ask for more than one contact, and the FPS called the other two people listed.

Another reason that there should never be just one person with the login, app #, and DHS contact information in the department. One never knows what can transpire over the time period from app submission to award. If an app is even submitted. I've worked with people who got told over and over by someone in the department that the grant was submitted and denied for years in a row. They lied, they never applied, but since no one else knew anything, the departments were never in the game. Sad situations.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by canton120
    Kurt,
    I was involved in writing a regional application for this years AFG. This was the first time that the sponsoring agency has ever applied. ( So this is AFG's first time to recieve the sponsors profile April 06.) In early July we had a request for a profile update. Is this a good sign for the application?
    Also, today I had a profile update request for my home department ( we have applied every year.) Any thoughts?
    In and of itself, updating a profile is a routine function that they ask departments to do from time to time. Bear in mind that, if they are getting ready to send emails to you about the grant applciation, they want to be sure that they are contacting the right person. On the flip side though, I don't know of anyone who got awarded, that did not first also get asked to update their profile. Patience things will happen soon enough.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er

Another reason that there should never be just one person with the login, app #, and DHS contact information in the department. One never knows what can transpire over the time period from app submission to award. If an app is even submitted. I've worked with people who got told over and over by someone in the department that the grant was submitted and denied for years in a row. They lied, they never applied, but since no one else knew anything, the departments were never in the game. Sad situations.

Good point Brian. I just dealt with that very situation on a CEDAP Grant application. The guy working on the grant had to go out of town and left it with another administartor to submit and the guy forgot and did not submit it. When the list was published of awardees and rejected applications, the grant writer never saw anything and when he questioned what had happened the "responsible person" stated there was some mix up with the RKB people. We discovered otherwise later.
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information