Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Roi-Namur FD (kwajalein)

So today I received my offer of employment. One problem now, the Air Force is being a pain so I gotta apply for a misc. separation (up to 4-6wks) now because my first application to get out fell through. It seems like if youíre a dirtbag you can get out and make tons of money. The people who actually have done well and would like to get out making a better life get told they canít leave. Maybe I should become a total ****** bag.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Forum Member

deleted...
    Last edited by devildog4; 09-29-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Im from Tampa Bay so I grew up on the water. So I love anything that deals with the ocean. Diving, boating, spearfishing you name it I love it! I just got my Nitrox cert not too long ago while still in Japan.

Forum Member

You would love it then. No commercial fishing or diving close by, so everything is unspoiled. You can't even go there and get off the plane without approval and paperwork!

You can do walk-in dives from the beach and dive WWII Japanese wrecks (planes and ships). While I was there, they found a Japanese Zero that had not been dived before.

I caught a 120 pound yellow fin (by handline), 42 pound wahoo, and dolphin or mahi-mahi upwards of 20-25 lbs!

Do a shift trade with your Kelly day (or RDO) and get 5 days off. Then you can fly to lotsa places in Micronesia. Kosarai, pohnapie, truk, yap, etc. Only takes about a hour apart.

I see your in the San Diego area. I'm actually headed that way. My twin is stationed down in Camp P and I'm doing a Tiger Cruise from Hawaii to San Diego. Been there once and loved the area. Then I plan on staying there untill I leave for the island.

MembersZone Subscriber

Where can I apply for Roi-Namur?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikcuf9905
    What's the pay like?
    around $11/hr

I think for a 22yr old, this is a great chance for me to get my foot in the the contracting community. This is a 24 month tour so Im sure Im going to make some great friends along the way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Engine76KS, I got your email about CSA. Tried to send you one back but I get a failure notice. Send me another one where I can reply to it.

Mike
    Last edited by pyromike66; 07-19-2006 at 11:32 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by surfingpirates
    around $11/hr

I think for a 22yr old, this is a great chance for me to get my foot in the the contracting community. This is a 24 month tour so Im sure Im going to make some great friends along the way.
    what are their garunteed hours? are there any? average hours? benefits? 24 months only on the contract? travel perks? where and how to apply?

Forum Member

deleted..........
    Last edited by devildog4; 09-29-2007 at 02:14 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by devildog4
    Call the Roi-Namur FD at 805-355-6334 or 6335 . Please remember they are 7 hours BEHIND California time! Ask for Capt Slatton, I think he is still there. Anybody answering the phone can help with any questions you may have.

Hours are 24 on 24 off. Straight time for each hour, no overtime rate. Benefits? talk to the guys. Medical & dental. Provide meals and room. Thats about it. AT the end of my contract, (if you sign up for another). they give you the cost of a ticket home, or the same amount credit with the travel agent. Instead of going back here to California, I used their money and went to Bali, Hong Kong and Thailand.

If you do break your contract, you have to pay back the cost of flying you and shipping your stuff over. If you finish your time, they fly you & your stuff home.

Only bad thing is no retirement. Good thing it is tax free (if you stay out of US for 330 days) and free room & board. Another good thing is it looks good on a resume and is a great "stepping stone" for a FD carreer.
    thanks for the info, very helpful, i am over here int he sand box working for wsi right now. looking at other contracts for next year when i get done here. something more tropical prefereably, as i am not a desert type myself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by h20squirter
    thanks for the info, very helpful, i am over here int he sand box working for wsi right now. looking at other contracts for next year when i get done here. something more tropical prefereably, as i am not a desert type myself.
    h20....email me please....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Kwaj Contracts

duplicate message
    Last edited by galebagram2u; 07-31-2006 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Kwaj Contracts

All,

Devildog is right, if you can get hooked into this deal take it. It is a great break from the world. Just try to not to get hooked up with an Ebeye queen. They may look great at first, but then after they hit 20 and have their first kid, it is all over, you will be spending money on egg burgers and rice.

R&R's. Get off the island and go elsewhere. Head west. Ponephei is awsome. Stay at the village hotel there in the hills, the best bloody mary's you will ever have. Go to Chuk island and dive the wrecks there. If you can hook up with a DOE guy, try to get a trip to Bikini atoll, that is the best of all diving.

If you get a chance to meet Slatton, my personal hero and great ferrari driver, not as good as I, ask him about spaceman biff.....

Chief G

Forum Member

Hey Chief G...I heard about you & Slatton in Hono with the rented bikes!?

MembersZone Subscriber

hey there guys, anyone have an email address for any of these cats from the ROI or Kwaj? i'm in Iraq right now so they are +8 hours from my time and calling them during business hours is kinda tough right now. i would appreciate it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default it's a lie

Don't believe what you hear.. It was actually a ferrari and I was on my best party night.. I do remember Pure Platinum and something about losing a portion of my clothing for reason or another. Then the hotel room with the soon to be wife down the hall.. Makes it interesting when are laying there and you get that phone call of "hey, honey, I am bringing breakfast for you" that cures a hangover really quick..

Chief G

Forum Member

I got things mixed up...must of been the photo of you & Slatton on the green Kawasaki's in Thailand!? But I did hear about Hono & the clubs!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thailand

That was actually Paul Kayler and Blain.. I was going to go, but something about m wife and the knowledge of extra women being there did not sit well.

Thread Information