Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question Knoxville Questions

Has anyone been through Knoxville, TN hiring process? I have to fill out the background history packet and call to schedule an interview. Can any tell how the rest of their process works?? Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Im going for an interview there soon, would like to know myself, and what to expect on the interview....

Forum Member

Fill out the info packet, MAKE A COPY of it, and tuck the copy away for later. If you are lucky enough to make it through to the polygraph, the same packet is given to you to fill out. Any info/answers that don't match up is grounds enough to disqualify you for not 'answering all questions fully and honestly'. Oh yeah, TELL THE TRUTH! It doesn't matter if you are driving a stolen car and living in a house you bought with 'dirty money'....just tell the truth and you cant be hurt down the road.

Unfortunately, (or forunately) all rests on the interview to come. It is basically a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Knoxville is super-political but a super place to work if you can crack it. Usually they look for things that make you stand out above the rest (i.e. Paramedic, prior fire service experience, etc...). Oh yeah, and that is after all the sons, nephews, and grandsons have been approved to continue--if you understand what I am telling you.

The remaining process should be:
    Interview, background check, medical physical, polygraph, recomendation.

Hopefully there will be a class in place by the end of the year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

I to have applyed to Knoxvill Tn and other places they are a a process to go through. but time will tell there may havev been 500 aplicants but htey may only hire 2 i have seen it done so good luck to all and hang in there i have an inertview this time around i am getting quite good at it.

Forum Member

Ummm.....not at all. You have been verily misinformed. There are usually a couple thousand apply and there will be a class of roughly 30 candidates. It is still a tough process but your information is wrong.

Forum Member

Default Had my interview

I had my interview with Knoxville when should I hear something? Will I hear something no matter what. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

It was supposed to be that a class was to be in by November...but now it's looking like the first of the new year is more realistic.

I would say you should hear something back around that same time....BUT, once you get your notification (i.e. You've been selected to continue.....OR.....thank you for your interest....) at this point, the process starts rolling fairly quickly. Polygraphs, Drug screens, Backgrounds, and physicals are all done within just a couple of weeks of eachother.

You should hear either way (see above) something from your interview.....just be on the look out for it and hope it is not a "...thank you for your interest...." letter.

-Good Luck

Forum Member

Talking

I went to the Information Workshop today and took a drug test, pending background and physical I am in. I am so excited.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question anyone else?

has anyone else heard anything from knoxville? i haven't heard either way.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

I had my Information Workshop today! I can't wait for academy to start!

Genesis3, I think today was the last workshop. If you have not heard anything I would call. You may be on their reserve list.

Does anyone that's going through the process in Knoxville want to get together?

MembersZone Subscriber

when are you starting the academy?

Forum Member

No news on when academy will start. It looks like January. We still have to finish the background check and physical exam which will take a few weeks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool hmmm

found out i am on the alternate list...better than not being on any list!

MembersZone Subscriber

Went for my poly last thursday and passed, registered my prints with the TBI... does anybody know what happens from here?

Forum Member

Have you gotten your physical papers yet to verify that you passed the physical? I am not really sure what happens after that I guess just waiting. I got my physical papers in the mail yesterday.

MembersZone Subscriber

I recieved a letter saying I passed the pysical about a week ago

Forum Member

What did they tell you at the information workshop? Did you have to reschedule your workshop or was yours just on a different day than mine? From what they told me at the workshop we will receive at least two weeks to notify our employer. How many where in your workshop.

MembersZone Subscriber

There were 35 at the workshop I attended, it was on Oct 3 They told me the same thing about two week notice

Forum Member

yeah thats when mine was with 35 I thought you said earlier you went on the sixth.

Forum Member

I had my meeting on the 6th. There were 8 people in the meeting. They told us mostly the same stuff; although no one from the fire department was there. It was only HR. I think that the polygraph exams are scheduled through the last week of October. We were not told when we would here anything about offers of employments or starting dates.

Thread Information