MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Here are some pointers from my Psych Test

I erased everything because it was causing too much drama.
    Last edited by Scot45; 07-22-2006 at 09:15 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

The fact that none of it would show up on a background check is exactly why they give a psych test. Your friend did not fail the test for being honest. Your friend failed the test because the examiner properly determined that he did not have the psychological make up to be a FF.

Tell the truth, no matter what any "expert" tells you.

MembersZone Subscriber

You take one psych test and this makes you a "qualified" expert?

You know I went fishing once and caught a really big fish. Now I wrote a book about it. I guess that makes me a fishing expert.

Hmmmm

MembersZone Subscriber

Never said I was an expert nor am I trying to sell anything. Where did I say I was a qualified expert? Everyone and their mom asks about the psych test and I wanted to share MY EXPERIENCES with it. He isn't my friend, just someone who I have been through EMT classes with and tested with.
    Last edited by Scot45; 07-14-2006 at 02:04 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jeez. The guy's post was fine. Some people need to hear that stuff. I didn't see where the guy said he was a qualified expert. You even quoted him on it. Also, he took two tests, not one and has a job offer. Maybe you should read his post more carefully, especially if you're going to make a smart remark about it.

Forum Member

How about leaving it at this:

Answer the question, dont read into it!

This will work for almost EVERY question ever posed wether written or verbal.
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Forum Member

One of the guys at work had a son in our hiring process. He had an excellent shot at it. He was a smart kid and had been a reserve with the department for a few years.

He was too honest. After his psych test they not only eliminated him from the hiring process, but they fired him as a reserve, and told him they were considering contacting the district attorneys office to see if charges should be filed.

What could this 19 year old say that was soo bad? When asked if he ever stole, he said yes, a pack of gum when he was 12. And when asked about illegal sex he told them he had had relations with his girlfriend when he was 18 and she was 16.

If he had read the above post or gotten some advice he would be working for us now, and we would be a better department for it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFighterRob
    One of the guys at work had a son in our hiring process. He had an excellent shot at it. He was a smart kid and had been a reserve with the department for a few years.

He was too honest. After his psych test they not only eliminated him from the hiring process, but they fired him as a reserve, and told him they were considering contacting the district attorneys office to see if charges should be filed.

What could this 19 year old say that was soo bad? When asked if he ever stole, he said yes, a pack of gum when he was 12. And when asked about illegal sex he told them he had had relations with his girlfriend when he was 18 and she was 16.

If he had read the above post or gotten some advice he would be working for us now, and we would be a better department for it.
    Bull.

There is no way that he was blown out for this. If he was blown out by the psych, there were other issues. The pack of gum is irrelevant. Consensula sex between an 18 year old man and a 16 year old girl, under normal circumstances is not a crime anywhere in the US.

The truth will never be told because the psych is a confidential process. The only information you know from that person's psych is what he told you.

This is the type of irresponsible information that keeps the hysteria about the psych portion of the hiring process alive. It also keeps prospective FF buying dubious books and tapes.

Forum Member

Default Other Candidates

Last edited by CaptBob; 07-20-2006 at 12:41 PM.

Forum Member

And yet, even though you say it ain’t so, it is. I was working with this person when it happened. Saw the paper work for his dismissal, and talked with a person working in the personnel office when it happened.

I wouldn’t feel I had made a post that was worth anything if it wasn’t immediately cut and pasted by George. I now feel my post was worthy.

For those of you that want to actually be a firefighter, not discuss morality and the higher good from your soapbox, I have just one question. When your wife/girlfriend says, “ does this dress make my butt look big”? What do you say?

Forum Member

Default Other Candidates

I heard from several candidates who have listed they had sex with a minor. The PHQ (personal history questionaire) that some departments are using on line didn't give them a chance to explain they were age 18 in high school and their girl friends were minors. This is where the process ended for them.

Maybe George will post his phone number so when all the great advice he gives on how to get hired turns out to be incorrect candidates can call him up at any hour and he can help them put the pieces back together.

Captain Bob

George's comment to follow here:

MembersZone Subscriber

George's comment:

"The robbie and bobbie show"

Tell you what fellas. I know that I passed every psych I ever took. I passed them w/o your help. I passed them w/o your books. I passed them w/o your tapes.

I passed them by being 100% completely, totally honest. Every person I know who passed psych tests did it exactly the same way. I know for a fact that one answer to one question does not get you blown out. The psych test paints a profile. I know for a fact that if you get blown out you get blown out because the answers you gave to the psychologist showed that you had a psychological profile that indicated you would not be a good candidate.

Every psych test I ever took had a lengthy interview in which the psychologist provided ample time to talk about answers to questions that needed further explanation.

I'll tell you robbie. The best advice that you could give your "friend" is to sue the city. He was denied a position on the FD for no reason. If he was in NJ, he would win. In fact, if he was anyplace besides Oz or Neverland, he would win.

The fact is that taking a candy bar when you were 12 is irrelevant to your fitness as a fire fighter. Having consensual sex with your girfriend who is age 16 and you are 18 is not a crime, is not immoral and is not an indication that you would not be a good candidate as a fore fighter (in and of itself).

But then if these little facts get out, your little business enterprise might not be so lucrative.

George Wendt
    wendtcfi@optonline.net
    No books
    No tapes
    No videos
    No seminars
    Nothing for sale

Forum Member

Default Welcome to OZ

States differ considerably in the legal definition of statutory rape.1 For example, in California; the age of consent for lawful sexual relationships is 18. If the age difference between the adult and the minor victim is more than three years, the charge is a felony; if three years or less, it is a misdemeanor.

In California statutory rape, or ‘unlawful sexual intercourse,’ is: “an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. . . . [A] ‘minor’ is a person under the age of 18 years.” Cal. Pen. Code § 261.5(a). f]or there to be a violation of [§ 261.5], one minor must be denominated a perpetrator and the other a victim. The fact that a minor may be a victim does not ipso facto exclude a minor from being charged as a perpetrator.” In re T.A.J., 62 Cal. App. 4th 1350, 1364 (1998).

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFighterRob
    States differ considerably in the legal definition of statutory rape.1 For example, in California; the age of consent for lawful sexual relationships is 18. If the age difference between the adult and the minor victim is more than three years, the charge is a felony; if three years or less, it is a misdemeanor.

In California statutory rape, or ‘unlawful sexual intercourse,’ is: “an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. . . . [A] ‘minor’ is a person under the age of 18 years.” Cal. Pen. Code § 261.5(a). f]or there to be a violation of [§ 261.5], one minor must be denominated a perpetrator and the other a victim. The fact that a minor may be a victim does not ipso facto exclude a minor from being charged as a perpetrator.” In re T.A.J., 62 Cal. App. 4th 1350, 1364 (1998).
    There is no prosecutor in the world who is going to take a case involving a girlfriend and boyfriend.

In addition, one amswer does not a psych make.

I stand by my posts.

George Wendt
    wendtcfi@optonline.net
    No books
    No tapes
    No videos
    No seminars
    Nothing for sale

Forum Member

The more you post your expertise in legal situations, the more you show why people need to find a person who “KNOWS” when asking for advice. Laws and enforcement differ tremendously from state to state. There are hundreds of young men in jail in California for having sex with their girlfriends. California also has a law that says if any state, city or county employee has knowledge of a crime or threat, they are required to report. The state also mandated that statutory rapes be prosecuted aggressively.

There was a couple near here that was having a baby. They lived together; both had jobs, but were not married. The hospital reported it and he went to jail.

So your replies to what I posted, in an effort to help someone not make a similar mistake, were:
    1. It didn’t happen
    2. If it did he should have sued because it’s not against the law.
    3. Even if it were against the law, no one would prosecute it.
    4. You don’t like the fact that my father helps people by selling materials that help them, not his statement, theirs. You can read the testimonials if you wish.

This thread was designed and posted to help those going through background process. Everyone but you posted something helpful. You have posted incorrect information and gone back onto you soap box about how you don’t like my father and what he does. While I am happy to now be included with him in your opinion, I would say post something helpful or get off of the pot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Bull.
    Consensula sex between an 18 year old man and a 16 year old girl, under normal circumstances is not a crime anywhere in the US.
    George. I typically agree with most everything you type. I agree whole heartedly that buying millions of books and tapes to try and turn yourself into an individual that a fire department is seeking isn't going to get you the job if you weren't meant to be that person. I do agree with honesty and if you have thought about killing yourself, hate people, social situations, and your daddy then you've got deep issues and don't belong in a line of work that puts a lot of strain and stress on both your physical and mental abilities.

However, Statutory rape, regardless of consent, is illegal in almost every state in the US (minus states where its alright to be married to your sister, who may also somehow be your brother's mom)

Thread Information