Forum Member

Default SCBA mask bags..

Hi, I'm looking for ways on hanging/keeping SCBA mask bags in the truck cab. Where do you and how do you keep your bags secure and easily accessible? Anyone have a unique and new idea on keeping mask bags or just tried and true methods? Thanks for your help....Ed

Forum Member

I keep mine on my SCBA.

Forum Member

Our mask bags are attached to the truck, one per a seat.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

Hi tbonetrexler, how are the mask bags attached to the seats in the cab?
    I'm thinking of attaching the bags to maybe the doghouse or back wall of the cab with velcro or some type of hook system on the back wall. Thanks Ed

MembersZone Subscriber

We bought clips that had suction cups attached to them and then we stuck them on the back wall of the SCBA compartment.
    We bought them at a huge hardware chain in Canada that I know also operates in the U.S.

Mine stays in a custom made bag on the shelf so that the others do not grab mine; it is the only small one on the dept and no one needs to waste time by grabbing mine by mistake. (I say mine because I am the only one who fits into it).
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Thanks ROOKIELZ, were a small depatment to. We now keep our scba masks attached to the regulator in the seats but sometimes the masks get cought as they are tucked behind the seats.. Were trying to get good ideas on how to secure them in the cab of the truck.. were hoping to get our own masks soon but as of now we have to share the masks. Ed

Forum Member

They have bags for em?...
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

We keep all of our's in bags. However where they are placed on the truck depends on which engine it is. Sta.1 has a 6 seat open cab, we keep each mask sitting in the corner of the seat behind the waist straps of our mounted airpacks. So far they have stayed there fine. Sta. 2 has a closed cab 5 seat International that has storage under each seat that we keep them in. Our other two stations have their airpacks mounted in side compartments and each mask is stored behind the waist straps. Basically they are just put in with the packs but we haven't lost or damaged one yet during transport.

Forum Member

Smile

Yes, just got some new mask bags they clips on the top to hang off a D-ring or the like and open with a drawstring and barrell clip.....ed

Forum Member

We have ours mounted on the ceiling of the appratus above the jump seats in ZICO mask bags, they have a velcro closure. Two masks can fit in the bags, but that depending on what brand of SCBA you use you may only get one in.

Forum Member

Some of ours are mounted beside the jump seats others are above. Either way I believe they are secured by a gromet or two in the bag with a bolt and washer going through it into the truck.

Forum Member

Thanks guys for the help, maybe the ceiling mount might be the best in our trucks.........Thanks again Ed

Forum Member

Ours are mounted near the floor in one engine and the rescue and in the other engine (brand spankin new ALF) three are mounted near the floor on the center console and two are mounted between the forward facing seats at about shoulder level.

They are attached with screws I believe.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

At our dept. everyone now has their own masks in mask bags (purchased from Galls maybe?). Before that I'm not exactly sure how they were attached.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Thanks guys ....I have a few different ideas to try out to see what might work for our scba mask bags. Thanks ed

Thread Information