Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Urgent! Webteam - Major Site Problems!

This is the email I tried to send to the Webteam ... I ended up sending a shortened version by PM. Please feel free to add any issues I've missed!

Good afternoon,

I'm sure you already know, but just in case you don't ... there are some extremely wacky things happening lately.

See the thread 14,000 seconds for discussion currently in progress and JonnytheTurk's new Tunnel thread as an example of the HUGE MESS the forums are in right now. I started noticing yesterday that the times of my posts were out of whack. I tried changing my options to match what the time really was, but that only partially helped. That's when I realized other people's current posts were showing as being posted the night before, or hours in the future. I posted a reply to Jonny's thread right after he posted it, and the reply went AHEAD of his ORIGINAL post!!

Another big issue today is getting a message that you have to wait 14,434 (insert your number here) seconds to search (or post or whatever). Personally, I've gotten this error message while trying to submit a new post and constantly when I click on New Posts.

I've noticed some people (in the Site Comments forum) have had a problem for a few months with not receiving their email notifications. I've had the opposite problem - for the past few months I frequently receive duplicate notifications for the same post. Not for all my subscribed threads. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when I receive duplicate notifications, it appears to be random. Mind you, I don't really pay that much attention to know if there IS a trend or common denominator.

People (myself included) have not been able to start new threads lately. Again, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when it will let you start a new thread and when it won't. I'm going to try starting a new thread with this email, so we'll see what happens. Sometimes it seems to just be a matter of waiting and trying again, then it lets you start the new thread.

All in all, VERY BIZARRE stuff. Does it have anything to do with this other new message some of us have gotten lately when the site can't be reached ... "Cygnus Media Busy"? Is a new server or something? Is it connected to the ongoing profile issue?

Can you please make an announcement so we know that you know about all these problems and are working on a solution?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 07-20-2006 at 08:01 PM. Reason: To try to change the title to caps.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Administrator

We'll have someone look at it in the morning.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Administrator

Test Test Test

Administrator

This appears fixed (although prior posts may show up earlier still for a few hours) ... dmleblanc trying posting a new thread....

Administrator

Sorry for the slow response here gang...always use the customer service contact links at the bottom of pages for quickest response or email webteam@firehouse.com with URGENT in subject line if something appears off...we've been a bit consumed getting ready for the Firehouse Expo and doing quite a bit of exciting audio and video things there!

And yes, the birthday issue will be resolved soon We hope.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thanks, Webteam!

HEY IT'S SCREWED UP AGAIN grrrrrrr

Off to check my options, maybe we can reset our time zones back to normal!
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 07-20-2006 at 11:18 PM.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

I saw the same thing this morning Sher. My posts were jumping ahead of others, and when i looked at the "New Posts" link, it would be way down on the bottom of the list.

The Forum Gremlins have finally gotten organized for takeover.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Administrator

Time zones indeed appear back to normal. Eastern standard is now on target. Be sure to select the daylight savings option under 'Quick Links' --> 'Edit Options' as well.

Again, any posts posted earlier may still 'appear' to be in advance but yours should say the current time so in a few hours all should be back 100% to normal (well....normal is relative).

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Having the same problem here....haven't been able to post a new thread for a couple of weeks now....Sent an inquiry to the Webteam, waiting to see what they can do with it....

Glad to know it's not just me....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

test --------

Forum Member

I can post a reply but cannot post a new thread.

I tried to start a new one and it seemed to go ok, but I cant find it anywhere. I even searched for it. So, I try posting it again and this is what I get:

"Redirecting...

This thread is a duplicate of a thread that you have posted in the last five minutes. You will be redirected to the thread listings.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you."

any ideas?

Forum Member

same problem here. I have tried posting new thread and it seems to be ok. Then you never see it again.

Administrator

Have you installed any other software. Everyone whose having this problem, we've tested their logins on computers elsewhere and they work fine.

If you have problems, send us your userid/pw and we'll try as well...make sure you clear your cache...if you can post here, you should be able to start a new thread. You can also PM us the full URL of the new thread so we can try to view it as well.

See post from another user:

Dear Webteam.

Woke up this morning feeling a lot more relaxed.

Had the standard 4 or 5 cups of coffee my brain normally needs to rise above "Duh" status.

Thought occured. "What common software have I installed recently"?

Next thought followed much faster than normal, almost got excited.

"Did I install it during the recent Forum crisis with thread orders"

Answer to both was "Why yes indeed"

So could this be clouding the issue, I could blame the recent events or investimigate the software installed.

To keep the wife happy, all three computers had Kodak EasyShare software installed so that she can download pictures on any computer (Depending which one or two I am working or testing on).

SOOOO. Uninstall EasyShare. Restart computer.

Have a Coffee. (To early for Beer)

Test. No Go.

Hmmmmmm.

Bingo. As part of the EasyShare install, QuickTime is installed as well (why do people use this garbage?)

Uninstall QuickTime and test.

Lookit it works. I be posting threads again.

Thats on Windowz 98.

On Windowz 2000 computer, removing Easy Share without removing Quick Time was enough.

Have a Coffee. The world is good.

There are two threads for Kiwi Test. Would you please nail these, before they start getting to 100 pages.

Forum Member

anybody else notice that webteams sig on that last post was from kiwi's sig????? haha thats funny!
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Administrator

The post we copied below ours was from Kiwi..thats why its there..

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    BUMP!!!!

I suppose I could have looked for the 14000 second thread.

Oh well, whatever, it is 6 o'clock in the morning after all.

I keep getting THIS stupid message again when I try to go to "New Posts". *sigh*

I am having problems posting a new tread also.....
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Default Here we go again ... ummmm still

BUMP!!!!

I suppose I could have looked for the 14000 second thread.

Oh well, whatever, it is 6 o'clock in the morning after all.

This forum requires that you wait 3 seconds before submitting another search. You have 17367 seconds to wait before another search will be allowed
    I keep getting THIS stupid message again when I try to go to "New Posts". *sigh*

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35
    I am having problems posting a new tread also.....
    Hey the times are all f'd up again!

I see what your problem is, Ray. You're missing the "h" in the thread. Try it now. hehehehe

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Another problem for the growing list

-all posts are now time stamped in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). For those of us on the east coast, this is a +5 hour difference.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Forum Member

Is it just me.. OR does it seem that posts are appearing in a whacked up order? I read a couple of posts earlier in which a member quoted someone, BUT the person the quoted only showed up AFTER the person quoting them. It has done this before... but nooooot again!!!

Anyone else having this problem?
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTMPTB15
    Is it just me.. OR does it seem that posts are appearing in a whacked up order? I read a couple of posts earlier in which a member quoted someone, BUT the person the quoted only showed up AFTER the person quoting them. It has done this before... but nooooot again!!!

Anyone else having this problem?

Ummmmm did you even READ the previous posts? LOL

Hence my comment about the times being f'd up ... Ray's post is BEFORE mine. God only knows where this one will show up.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Check out this little doozy I got when trying to select the "New Posts" button.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    Ummmmm did you even READ the previous posts? LOL
    Yea.. I was hoping that a little reiteration would help... probably won't do anything though!

I don't know website design, so I don't know if the times have much to do with it... then again, that WOULD make sense. Although, a lot of the problems don't make sense to me!
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Forum Member

I just emailed the Webteam ... did anyone else let them know?

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTMPTB15
    Yea.. I was hoping that a little reiteration would help... probably won't do anything though!

I don't know website design, so I don't know if the times have much to do with it... then again, that WOULD make sense. Although, a lot of the problems don't make sense to me!
    I hear ya. Just bustin' your chops a bit. Same*****DiffDay around here. God it is driving me FriCKINGGGGGGGG INSANE! Every time I go to post a reply, 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work. Same with the "New Posts" feature. Can you say FRUSTRATING????!!!!

Last time this happened, I believe the webteam said it was something to do with some timestamp or other ... I dunno ... where are all our computer geeks to explain it to us? Yoohoo Dal? Ian? LOL

I sure hope a bunch of other people have emailed the webteam too, so that the issue stands out ... If they don't know the site is screwed up again, how can they fix it??? grrrrrrr

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information