Forum Member

Default Tech Trade Gloves

Anybody using these? What do you think of them? I tried a pair on recently and they are by far the most flexible fire gloves I have ever had on, but they seem kind of "wimpish" for a lack of a better word.

Tech Trade Gloves
    28 P.R.I.D.E.
    Protecting Residents In District #1 Everyday
    www.westmead1.com

Forum Member

Default TRADE TECH GLOVES(firefighting)

Our department has been testing them for a little while now. They had some small problems with liner separations, but the mfgr. indicated that the most current model should be better. The Dexterity seems great compared to the standard structural gloves we are currently issued and they have about the same level of comfort and dexterity as the extrication gloves we've been using. They've issued them to guys on the busier companies and so far I don't think there have been major complaints.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FrFtr28
    Anybody using these? What do you think of them? I tried a pair on recently and they are by far the most flexible fire gloves I have ever had on, but they seem kind of "wimpish" for a lack of a better word.

Tech Trade Gloves

Have had a pair of them for a little over a month and so far they are performing very well.
    TecRsq
    North Georgia

- Let No Mans Ghost Come Back To Say My Fire Training Let Me Down -

Forum Member

Thanks for the replies. One more question, do you use the gauntlet cuff or the velcro style? The velcro seemed to keep the glove in place and kept it from trying to slide off.
    28 P.R.I.D.E.
    Protecting Residents In District #1 Everyday
    www.westmead1.com

Forum Member

We have a few FF's wearing them right now and they seem to be happy with them. We have our first large shipment of them due at the end of the month and most are already pre-sold. Some Chicagoland F.D.'s have been using them for a few months and this started a local buzz. Only time will tell how they hold up.

Good luck and let me know if you would like the gloves spec's.

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Ah-ha! We tried these on at the FDIC and thought that the dexterity was great, but the vendor packed up before we could get back to them and we couldn't remember the company's name. So thank you for bringing this up...

One question we had - are the gloves truly compliant to all applicable standards?

Also, have any large departments with true R&D divisions evaluated them? And for those of you who already have them, how busy are the companies that are using them?

//EDIT: I guess this partially answers my first question: http://www.techtradellc.com/news073106.htm
    Last edited by BlitzfireSolo; 09-15-2006 at 05:44 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FrFtr28
    Thanks for the replies. One more question, do you use the gauntlet cuff or the velcro style? The velcro seemed to keep the glove in place and kept it from trying to slide off.

I purchased the Short cuffs as they seem to work better with our coat configurations.

I purchased a demo pair for 30.00 but have no idea how much they are selling for.

Great buy so far!
    TecRsq
    North Georgia

- Let No Mans Ghost Come Back To Say My Fire Training Let Me Down -

Forum Member

Blitzfire:

Yes, the Tech Trade gloves are NFPA 1971 Compliant. To my knowledge, they are compliant to the 2000 edition and are working on getting compliant for the 2007 edition. We did not pick them up as a supplier until they were NFPA compliant, which was approximately 4-6 weeks ago.

In regards to large departments with the gloves, I do not have that answer. I have wear test gloves coming for my department (Rockford, IL) and for a buddy at Squad 5 in Chicago. We only have a few pair in service so far, and are expecting a large shipment to come in on September 29th. We have been pre-selling them in our store and online with great success. Everyone that has tried them on have raved about the dexterity and weight. Time will tell how they will hold up at busy firehouses. I will let people know what I find out as more people use them.

rfd599

Hook & Can

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Forum Member

Nine:

Thank you for the order and we will get them out as soon as they are in our hands! I think that you will be happy with them. Let everyone know what you think good or bad.

The only glove I have had great success with is the Fire Mate (Elk/Kangaroo Glove). This glove stays soft after fires and I don't have to beat it against something just to get the fingers to flex. I am curious to see how this new glove compares.

Thanks again,

rfd599

MembersZone Subscriber

I haven't used the gloves in question, but have had a pair of the Chiba flamefighters for about a year now. They are a bit pricy at $90.00 a pr, but the dexterity and overall comfort was a big sell for me. I haven't had any issues with them so far. From what I can see, both brands of gloves have the same concept. Hopefully other manufactures will see this as a trend, therefore bringing the price down a bit.

Chiba golves: http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...ication_glove/

Forum Member

I was curious how much heat protection they provide to your hands in a structure fire? They don't seem to have much insulation.

Hook & Can

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Forum Member

To all:

Thank you for the glove orders. We received our initial shipment last Friday and the order was exactly the opposite of what we ordered (i.e.....Short Cuffs came in long, Long came in Short). We tried to get all online orders out immediately. Our correct order should be filled by October 12th. I believe we were only not able to fill one order. Thank you again and please let me know everyone's feedback (both good and bad).

Sincerely,

rfd599

Thread Information