Forum Member

Default Worst Mean in the House....

Ok...enough with the silly buff stuff....lets discuss a serious issue...."Culinary Disasters". I want to know the WORST meal you ever had in the firehouse and how much it was. No names....or Company numbers....

Mine, its a draw...1) while on a detail.....Hot Dogs and Potato Kinish $10...thank God I didn't pay. 2) A raseberry sauce with pasta made by a self proclamed chef...and saucie.....it was the worst, most vile cra*p I have ever eaten....., watching the process just added to the idea that this was going to be bad......it smelled bad, look bad...tasted bad.....one bit....in the gabage it went...as did everyone elses...cost....$8...plus $3 for the Pizza we went out for later. Since that debackle.....he has been banned from cooking.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Have you seen this thread, Vinnie?

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ght=worst+meal

Did you know you posted this under the Career Staffing section?

hehehe I thought "Worst Mean in the House" meant who was the biggest meanie!!!
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 07-25-2006 at 01:41 AM. Reason: To add another thought!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

My worst was tacos......

The tacos weren't bad, but the guy (who was from off-shift) made 11 or 12 tacos for 10 guys! We really needed at least 3 a piece.....Take-out ensued!

My father may take the cake on this one though (even though it's a twist on the whole worst meal scenario):

On Thanksgiving night, no less, I believe in the late 70's, they came back from a multiple alarm fire to find that the covering companies had eaten their Turkey dinner! How F'ed up is that?

Forum Member

AAAA crap.....I just noticed the spelling error......
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

It's cool.....

We all knew what you meant......eventually :-)

Forum Member

I have two christmas meals that went wrong when the bell went off...the first was a prime rib for 7 famished firefighters they went on a call ....I took a nap!.....the meal turned into Pot-Roast...I hate pot-roast. The second meal that took a wrong turn was a dish called Veal Sorentino....this dish turn into roofing shingles or some kinda ninja frisbee..forgot to turn the oven off before going on a call....won't do that again!!

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Forum Member

mine was chili but our lt. that likes to cook went hay wire with just puttin crap in to spice it up and dumped a bunch of cinamon in the pot. sweet chili is not good.

Forum Member

Default I cook

So EVERY meal is FANTASTIC !
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Turkey Burgers.

I can eat almost anything, I thought I could until I tried these. We were doing take out and they were on special, never again. Damn new age crap, cheeseburges for me from now on.

Forum Member

Very rarely do we have a sh1t meal, basically because I cook. Worst ever must be some poor saps idea of sheppards pie. Absolutely NO FLAVOR, VERY GREASY, and burnt! All for the low low price of 6.25. Too bad there are slim pickings for take out in my local, save stop and gos and chinese food. Pretty hungry for the remainder of the shift. Never before have I seen left overs from the previous platoon go so fast.
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFDTruck18
    Worst ever must be some poor saps idea of sheppards pie.
    We had a guy put tater tots on top of a pan full of canned beef stew and call it shepherd's pie. That meal's final trip was through the window and onto the apron. Kind of entertaining, but not very filling.

Forum Member

Fish sticks and tater tots, felt like I was back in elementary school. Had a very uncooked turkey served for Thanksgiving one year (alot of us looked at the blood in the pan and said "no Thanks....), and some fish with the heads cut off and gutted, that when the foil came off the pan, looked like they had been roasted in milk. Thanks, but no thanks......
    And then one summer with a bumper crop of hot peppers, the cook dumped a handfull of jalapenos, hot wax peppers, etc into the red beans and rice, that meal is now known as the "jalapeno stew" incident.

Forum Member

We had a guy once try to make grilled cheese in the toaster, talk about a mess, caught the oven on fire a shift or 2 ago, went to pre heat and the shift before had left some crusties lying around and smoked up the kitchen. needless to say we chewed some behind

Thread Information