MembersZone Subscriber

Default NFPA Hose Standard

I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head what the NFPA standard is for the amount of hose a pumper is required to carry? I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Forum Member

Go to NFPA 1901 Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus.

Forum Member

800' of 2 1/2" or larger
    400' of 1 1/2", 1 3/4", or 2"
    15' of soft suction or 20' of hard suction

MembersZone Subscriber

awesome!

thanks for the help guys!

Forum Member

You may also want to check with ISO I believe they may have a different standard.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LCFD302
    You may also want to check with ISO I believe they may have a different standard.
    Does ISO do "their thing" in Canada???

Never mind.....did a search and found out the ISO and IAO have joined forces and are offering their services in Canada!! Read Below:

"ISO AND IAO JOIN FORCES TO OFFER BROADER RANGE OF INSURANCE PRODUCTS IN CANADA AND U.S.

MARKHAM, Ontario, Dec. 5, 2001 Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO) and Insurers' Advisory Organization Inc. (IAO) have formed a strategic sales alliance to market products to property/casualty insurance companies doing business in Canada and the United States. IAO will immediately begin to market ISO forms, rules and loss costs to Canadian companies doing business in the United States.

"In time, this will mean a greater number of products and services for the North American property/casualty industry," said Chris Cron, ISO vice president-international. "And not just existing products. We plan to work together on special projects and develop new products that will benefit customers of both firms."

Fifty-eight Canadian property/casualty insurance companies representing more than 80 percent of Canada's written premium and all major insurance lines are IAO members. "Through ISO associate membership, our companies will now have greater access to critical underwriting and loss-cost information," said Earle F. Hamilton, IAO vice president underwriting management services.

Based in Jersey City, N.J., ISO is a leading source of information, products and services related to property and liability risk.

IAO, based in Markham, Ontario, is Canada's recognized leader in physical inspection, ratemaking, risk management and loss prevention. IAO is a subsidiary of Underwriters Adjustment Bureau Ltd., Canada's only One-Stop Risk Shop.

For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting and claims information and analyses; consulting and technical services; policy language; information about specific locations; fraud-identification tools; and data processing. In the United States and around the world, ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents, brokers, self-insureds, risk managers, and insurance regulators and other government agencies."
    Last edited by THEFIRENUT; 07-27-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

If your using this to help with your City Fire rating them go by what ISO wants to the T... Go to website ISOSLAYER.com for whats needed... Here's what ISO wants for Hose on a pumper...

800 Supply hose 2 or larger
    If you carry less than 100% of what is needed
    400 Attack hose 2, 2 or 3
    ISO will discount credit for the entire apparatus
    200 Booster or another 1, 1 or 1 preconnect
    400 1 1/2, 1 3/4 or 2 preconnected
    200 Spare 1 1/2, 1 3/4 or 2 hose on rig or in station
    200 Spare 2, 2 1/2 or 3" on rig or in station

Forum Member
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

Quote Originally Posted by TAFDTruck5FF
    If your using this to help with your City Fire rating them go by what ISO wants to the T... Go to website ISOSLAYER.com for whats needed... Here's what ISO wants for Hose on a pumper...

800 Supply hose 2 or larger
    If you carry less than 100% of what is needed
    400 Attack hose 2, 2 or 3
    ISO will discount credit for the entire apparatus
    200 Booster or another 1, 1 or 1 preconnect
    400 1 1/2, 1 3/4 or 2 preconnected
    200 Spare 1 1/2, 1 3/4 or 2 hose on rig or in station
    200 Spare 2, 2 1/2 or 3" on rig or in station

ok, I jus caught this, but are you saying that ISO wants a 400' 1 3/4" precon?
    Thats an awful lot for that size hose.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tfpd109
    ok, I jus caught this, but are you saying that ISO wants a 400' 1 3/4" precon?
    Thats an awful lot for that size hose.
    That's actually 400' TOTAL, which can be 2-200' lines.

Forum Member

Ok, That makes sence. I was just thinking if they wanted a 400' precon then someone in that office needs to get out a bit. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Forum Member

Yeah lol, 400' would be a little extreme. But as far as your suggestion that they get out of the office a bit before writing these standards (ISO), have you ever seen the full rating schedule and required equipment? I have, we went through the whole thing a few years ago. Some of the stuff they require is pretty ridiculous, I have to say. And the way they actually rate you is sketchy too. We missed a Class 2 rating by less than 2 whole points.

Forum Member

Yeah, we had a list around here a while ago (couple years ago). I don't think we'll ever have everything they want. Oh well. We have what we need (or at least we think we do )

Thread Information