Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Rockford Written Test

So who took rockfords written test this weekend? It was quite different from what I am use to, but I think i did pretty good, would like to get in the high 80s but we will see.

Forum Member

This test was the same word for word as the indy test and I got an interview in indy. I really like this test, I did have to guess on maybe 4-5 questions but I feel pretty good about it. Does anyone know what the min score will be to move on?

Forum Member

Well I know below 70% is failing so I would assume you need at least that to move on, however I'm not sure if they will move on everyone who scored over 70% or maybe they will a certain number of people to move on, say for example the top 40 scores or something. Thats nice that you took this test before, I would definatly know what to look for if I ever see this test again.

Forum Member

I know that last time I had a problem with the blueprints and this time I know I aced them. I also hope that other dept use this test, I think its a good one.
    Last edited by 27Truck; 07-30-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Forum Member

27 & 05:

Preliminarily, I heard from a good source that 70% was going to be passing, but......this could be subject to change per our Chief.

Here is my guess on how it will shake out......

300-400 make it to the physical agility
    200-300 make it to the psychological profile
    100-200 make it to the interview
    40-60 make the final eligibility list

Again, this is my guess going off the last three or four lists.

We will probably hire 10-25 recruits off this list. Right now, we are already 3-4 FF's down and 3-4 more have already committed before the end of the year.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Forum Member

Sorry double post

Forum Member

Is everything pass/fail or do they accumulate your different scores togather to make the final list? Also when they hire do they go streight down the list, or do they just pick anyone from the final list?

Forum Member

If you read the handbook they gave you when you applied it says the final score is based 40% off written and 60% off interview, everything else is pass/fail. That seems like a pretty standard set up at least for the departments I've applied to, but the book does seem out of date because they said that the test is split into 4 sections, listening, math, reading and mechanical reasoning...there was no mechanical reasoning on the test.

And as far as I know they go right down the line on the list calling the higher ranked candidates first, at least thats what I think, I know a good buddy of mine took the last test 2 years ago, made the final list but wasnt able to get on right away, he had to wait until this winter until they called him. But I'm sure rfd can give you more insight on this than I can, because I am just another candidate such as yourself.
    Last edited by Outlet05; 08-01-2006 at 08:12 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outlet05
    If you read the handbook they gave you when you applied it says the final score is based 40% off written and 60% off interview, everything else is pass/fail. That seems like a pretty standard set up at least for the departments I've applied to, but the book does seem out of date because they said that the test is split into 4 sections, listening, math, reading and mechanical reasoning...there was no mechanical reasoning on the test.

And as far as I know they go right down the line on the list calling the higher ranked candidates first, at least thats what I think, I know a good buddy of mine took the last test 2 years ago, made the final list but wasnt able to get on right away, he had to wait until this winter until they called him. But I'm sure rfd can give you more insight on this than I can, because I am just another candidate such as yourself.
    The scoring is correct, you also can get an additional 5 points for being in the military or having a 4-year degree or having an associates in Fire Science. You are ranked in order of scoring and positions are filled from that ranking order.

Good luck and let me know if you need any further info!

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I overhead one of the Chiefs that were there saying there would be probably 12 new hires for sure. Maybe 24 depending on retirements. Thought the test was different! First time I've taken one like that. Didn't think it was too bad, just loooong. 5 hours! HAHA

Forum Member

Yea that test was really long, I did the math section last which I though under normal conditions is really easy, but I remeber just being so tired by the time I got there that I stared at the first question for a good 45 seconds completly dumbfounded like I was trying to read Latin or something. Took me a bit to snap out of it and focus.

Forum Member

still waiting for results, anyone hear anything yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Got my results this afternoon. 92% on the written.
    Anyone else hear anything?

Forum Member

I blew it with an 88% not my best test

Forum Member

I got an 89% would have liked to be in the 90s but Im pretty happy with that, we will see how that holds up compared to the other candidates. Hopefully with my college points it will put me in decient shape.

Thread Information