Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CEDAP Gathering

MembersZone Subscriber

Default CEDAP Gathering

To regulars & lurkers on this forum who will be in Orlando for CEDAP training on 14-Aug-06...how about trying to gather on Monday lunch or evening for a "meet and greet" and a chance to put a face with a username? If somebody who knows the layout of the hotel & close vicinity could name a spot and a time--i'll be there.

earl

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2
    To regulars & lurkers on this forum who will be in Orlando for CEDAP training on 14-Aug-06...how about trying to gather on Monday lunch or evening for a "meet and greet" and a chance to put a face with a username? If somebody who knows the layout of the hotel & close vicinity could name a spot and a time--i'll be there.

earl

count me in too.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey fireman, shoot me an e-mail, greenacres2 at comcast dot net.
    earl

Forum Member
    Poland, right next to Russia, Town that is.

Default The Gathering

I feel so left out over the fact that the Amkus awardees won't be able to have this mass gathering and put faces to the names.

NAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I'm just glad we got awarded.

Have fun in Florida and look out for those man eating gator's.
    Always confident, ever vigilant.

earl
    Count me in and I will try to find an approproate watering hole for an early evening choir practice "meet and greet". Any of my cleints who won can count on a round from me! I'll post a suggested location here later.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the help Kurt!! I don't think most of us are renting cars, so make it close!!

bukstshear--Feel free to come on down for the "meet & greet" anyway!! Unless you're in Alaska or Hawaii you have pleant of time to make the drive!!

earl

Thanks for the help Kurt!! I don't think most of us are renting cars, so make it close!!

bukstshear--Feel free to come on down for the "meet & greet" anyway!! Unless you're in Alaska or Hawaii you have pleant of time to make the drive!!

earl
    No problem Earl. Just for oyur infromation we are going to be about 5 minutes from where you were at the seminar in Orlando, on the other end of that strip. I'll bring the Avalanche we can carry a few in there and make two trips if needed, it will carry 5.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Take the bed cover off that beast and she'd seat 15 comfortably!!

earl

OK folks how about a "cheeseburger in paradise". This is practically right next door.

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
    (Nightlife - Bar)
    6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando 32819 • 407-224-2155
    Distance: ~0.33 mi from Doubletree Hotel At the Entrance to Universal Orlando

Description: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. Looking for a colorful, high-spirited spot to kick back? The atmosphere at this bar and restaurant is hard to beat! Each night a live band plays Caribbean-inspired tunes, rock and top 40. Prior to showtime, Buffett's played all day, and he also makes several video "appearances." With the help of a few margaritas, the decor - complete with fishing rods attached to booths - transports you to the carefree tropics. The menu offers a wide range of island-inspired fare such as lobster and shrimp salad, the famous "Cheeseburger in Paradise," and Cuban meatloaf.

If the majority agrees we can make it here. Let me know.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Jimmy Buffet's works for me!! Dwayne--set a time. It's a healthy walk if i remember right, 15 or 20 minutes on foot at most. There must be some other folks from here going down--who else will be there?
    earl

Earl it is .33 miles from Doubletree but, us old geezers can pile in the Avalanche if needed.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Jimmy Buffet's works for me!! Dwayne--set a time. It's a healthy walk if i remember right, 15 or 20 minutes on foot at most. There must be some other folks from here going down--who else will be there?
    earl

ANYTIME is fine with me. If 4hrs is all the training we get, and it is in the morning, afternoon will be allright on my end. I'm just looking forward to meeting everybody.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well folks, i'm headed out to the airport. Not taking a computer, so i may not have a chance to check in before Monday. Kurt--i'll see you there during the day Monday. I'm going to assume that you will want to head to Jimmy Buffet's right after the end of the session.

Dwayne, you've got my cell phone number. Call me Monday morning and we can "swap manly stories" (Donkey from Shrek).

earl (nice thing about being bald--the hair gel ban has no impact on me!!)

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Well folks, i'm headed out to the airport. Not taking a computer, so i may not have a chance to check in before Monday. Kurt--i'll see you there during the day Monday. I'm going to assume that you will want to head to Jimmy Buffet's right after the end of the session.

Dwayne, you've got my cell phone number. Call me Monday morning and we can "swap manly stories" (Donkey from Shrek).

earl (nice thing about being bald--the hair gel ban has no impact on me!!)
    I'm in the same boat as you Earl, no need for excess hair products here.

But you know what they say: some guys get great looks, intelligence, and the ladies. The others get hair.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default See you guys there!

Leaving Sunday morning out of Midway in Chicago. Would like to network with others about training, and B.S. about how good we got it in this great service.

Quote Originally Posted by capt4704
    Leaving Sunday morning out of Midway in Chicago. Would like to network with others about training, and B.S. about how good we got it in this great service.

Look for me wandering around the training. Your welcome to join us!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    OK folks how about a "cheeseburger in paradise". This is practically right next door.

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
    (Nightlife - Bar)
    6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando 32819 • 407-224-2155
    Distance: ~0.33 mi from Doubletree Hotel At the Entrance to Universal Orlando

Description: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. Looking for a colorful, high-spirited spot to kick back? The atmosphere at this bar and restaurant is hard to beat! Each night a live band plays Caribbean-inspired tunes, rock and top 40. Prior to showtime, Buffett's played all day, and he also makes several video "appearances." With the help of a few margaritas, the decor - complete with fishing rods attached to booths - transports you to the carefree tropics. The menu offers a wide range of island-inspired fare such as lobster and shrimp salad, the famous "Cheeseburger in Paradise," and Cuban meatloaf.

If the majority agrees we can make it here. Let me know.
    Hello fellow CEDAP awardees.

Margaritaville is fine by me, but it is kinda a long haul from the host hotel (walkers). If the majority are hoofing it, I would recommend going to the TGI Friday's. It is directly accross from the hotel well within stumbling distance. Just a thought. Either way, count me in.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Back from Training

A small group of us got together Monday night at TGI Friday's. Kurt spent the day prospecting while the rest of us were in class. The consensus was that the training and the materials were first rate. At least in the TIC class, we left fully equipped to bring it home to our departments. The facility was very good, Yvonne and her staff did a great job with the logistics. Instructors knowledgable and ready to answer "real world" questions. All in all, a trip worth the time.

RKBManager spoke during lunch on Monday, it was great to shake his hand. Don--i don't think i thanked you for your participation on this board, and you may be too busy to read this week--but we all appreciate your direct involvement in this process.

Kurt (ktb9780) was a gracious ambassador. We'd have thought he was running for office--turns out he was only prospecting for business!!

Dwayne (fireman8611), Scott (get registered LURKER!!) and i accidently hung out on the sidewalk for a few hours after dinner--and in the process solved all of our departments' problems. And most of the world's!! It was an honor to meet both of y'all.

Capt--i saw a name badge from McHenry, but didn't get a chance to say hello. Sorry we missed you, let's do it next year!!

All right, it's time to catch a nap so i can get up in time for dinner and bedtime!!

earl (there's no place like home!!)

Greenacres it was indeed a pleasure to be in your witty company again. It was my pleasure to host our small gathering; the least I could do for all of your continued support of what we are trying to do here.
    No time to dally folks, CEDAP will probabaly open again before the end of this week, as promised, so start getting ready. To those of you that did not make it this time, hey, give me a shout and maybe I can meet with all of you during the next award round!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

If you were not successful with CEDAP last year, RKB has a Knowledge Link.

THe following is posted:

Common Reasons for Unsuccessful CEDAP Applications

http://www.rkb.mipt.org/contentdetai...ntent_id=83219

Thread Information