Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Confirmed: I'm A Sick And Demented Individual

Or else I have a really warped sense of humour or maybe it was just a bit of dark this morning. I had arrived at the Navy Memorial/National Archives Metro station, and was walking through the plaza with the statue for the Grand Army. On one of the park benches was the usual riff-raff, but on one was a white sheet.

Only thing is, on first sight my reaction was "Gee looks like a shroud. I wonder if he is Jewish." Now before y'all jump on me for that, let me finish the description.

The person on the bench was entirely wrapped in this sheet, from head to foot, and it did look like a burial shroud. And as some here might know, when Jewish people die, they are to be wrapped in natural fibre materials only. This was a typical cotton bed sheet. Hence the initial reaction.

I suspect the image came about from the other thread that relates to body removal etc. Add to that I used to work for a private company that did body pick ups for the funeral homes in the area.

The short end of this is I was not brave enough to shake the individual to check for a heartbeat.... around here you never know what situation you might find yourself in by doing stuff like that.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber pvfire424's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    Confirmed: I'm A Sick And Demented Individual

When did this need to be confirmed ?
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Forum Member

Talking

If you suspected he was Jewish you could have opened a bottle of Mogan David wine, or if just a homeless person cracked a pop top on a can of beer and if all else failed thrown a bucket of cold water on the person. If the person still did not arouse then you can presume they are dead.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7;;;Confirmed: I'm A Sick And Demented Individual

Rick, we have known that for years.

Tanker
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Ya know, with friends like pvfire and Tanker, who needs enemies? heheheheheheeeheee

**and yes, I am fully aware that I opened the door on this one. But hey, if you can't laugh at yourself first, then you shouldn't laugh at someone else, right.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber ffemtPAJ's Avatar

Rick,
    That reminds me of an incident I had on the Metro years ago. I lived in Fairfax and took the Orange line into DC. There was a man sitting across the isle from me who was slumped over aand appeared to be sleeping (many people doze off on the Metro). Well, as the car got fuller, a woman tapped him on the shoulder to ask him to scoot over. No response. Another guy shook him and got no response. I wasn't an EMT then and no one knew what to do. We thought the guy was dead. Security stepped in at the next stop and determined that he was barely alive... possibly a drug overdose. The worse part was, as they were removing him a very young child stepped up from the back of the train and said that this was his father. The child said they had been on the Metro for hours going back and forth from Vienna to New Carrollton. He was too scared to say anything so he hid. Poor kid. Sleeping people on the Metro always made me nervous after that.
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

PVfire424 bet me to the punchline.

MembersZone Subscriber pvfire424's Avatar

I am ALWAYS one step behind Two-7
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Oddly, i was in northwest one time and saw a fat guy laying on the sidewalk. When I went to acess him, he started mumbling and snoring.
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Thread Information